Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** Back-up paper to be used for LC Irish - no change to exam date / time. *****

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

There was really no need for them to publicise this. Knowing that we're going to do a backup paper will not have any effect on anybody, it just serves to create stress for already stressed students. It is also really affecting the integrity of the SEC.. They really need to get their shít together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

biohaiid wrote: »
    Is it just a new tape or whole new paper?

Its a new paper 1, and new tape.
    e-sull wrote: »
    There was really no need for them to publicise this. Knowing that we're going to do a backup paper will not have any effect on anybody, it just serves to create stress for already stressed students. It is also really affecting the integrity of the SEC.. They really need to get their shít together.

They had to, it was only a matter of time until word got out (the first post of this thread refers to twitter, not the announcement, as their source! ;)) and waiting hours for a decision (in the case of the 2009 paper) would have stressed you all out a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Actually, I have a bit of sympathy for them on this one, with the amount of exam centres there are with special centres etc., it's very easy to slip the wrong CDs into a couple of packs. I'd have a lot more sympathy on this one than for the incident re: the English paper a couple of years back.

I know what you mean re: the publicity, but ... if they didn't say it, and it had leaked, the rumours which would have started would probably have been completely wild and caused much more stress.

As it is, there's no reason at all to stress: your paper is at the normal time, on the normal day, it will be a perfectly normal paper.

Who knows? ... it could easily be nicer!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

Makes no difference to me either way... Gaeltacht life! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

I suppose if they gave out Irish Paper 1s with no date on them it'd be a giveaway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Two teams of question drafters and setters work separately on two separate papers for each subject. At the end of the process, the Examination and Assessment Manager (Chief Examiner) selects one as the live paper and one as the backup.

This is no reason to assume that the backup paper will be any less favourable than the original one as both have to confirm to the SEC assessment principles in any case.

Just ignore this little fuss and carry on preparing as you were. There is nothing to worry about (other than what you were worrying about before you heard this story!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

An easy sollution to this mess up:

Let us write our own Essay titles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Makes no difference to me either way... Gaeltacht life! :P

High five :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

thought it would be the actual paper.......... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

thought it would be the actual paper.......... :pac:

In which case, they'd now have to send out the back-up of the back-up! :eek:

Advertisement