Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Economics 2012 Higher and Ordinary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

They wouldn't leave out National Income would they? I hate when they do that thing with aggregate demand and ask people to discuss government's ability to influence aggregate demand
    I just like drawing the full Circular flow of income! But to answer your question, they could leave it out. International Trade is a dead certainty this year. National Income isn't.

I just revised The Government & Economy section and it's so boring. I just like the Markets, Demand & Supply, Elasticity, International Trade & National Income. I hope I get 4 Questions out of them! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

ah lads inflation is a lovely one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Are you's sticking to micro or macro? What questions are you hoping to do?

I'm not sure which to stick to I was thinking either 3 micro and 1 macro or 2 micro and 2 macro depending on the questions. I could always do an extra question if I finished early.

I'm thinking market structures , demand & supply , FOP (maybe , Elasticity, International trade or government , banking or national income.

I'm doing (hopefully)
    1. Market Structures
    2. Demand/Supply & Elasticity
    3. Factors of Production
    4. International Trade <3
    5. National Income

We could even get Elasticity as a full question on it's own!

Revising Oligopoly, just incase it comes up. It's actually quiet interesting, but the whole difference between Price Rigidity and Price Constancy is irritating! :P

And Howareye: I love Inflation! If they ask a calculation about CPI.. Gahhhhh. It's so easy, and takes about 50 seconds! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JamesDundalk

They wouldn't leave out National Income would they? I hate when they do that thing with aggregate demand and ask people to discuss government's ability to influence aggregate demand
    I just like drawing the full Circular flow of income! But to answer your question, they could leave it out. International Trade is a dead certainty this year. National Income isn't.

I just revised The Government & Economy section and it's so boring. I just like the Markets, Demand & Supply, Elasticity, International Trade & National Income. I hope I get 4 Questions out of them! :P

Exact same.. I think the other topics in Micro are so so specific, very hard to get full marks in them.

Also I'm just thinking - people are always talking about statistics, knowing current statistics etc. You really don't need them in my opinion if you stick to the following:

Demand/Supply
    Elasticity and COP
    Market Structures
    National Income
    International Trade

Then know sqs?? What you think

• Advertisement

Exact same.. I think the other topics in Micro are so so specific, very hard to get full marks in them.

Also I'm just thinking - people are always talking about statistics, knowing current statistics etc. You really don't need them in my opinion if you stick to the following:

Demand/Supply
    Elasticity and COP
    Market Structures
    National Income
    International Trade

Then know sqs?? What you think
    I think that's enough tbh! I'm gonna know the 4 markets, 4 FOP's, Elasticity, National Income, International Trade and some stuff of the Economists and main institutions (ECB, World Bank etc.) hopefully it'll be enough for the A1.

I used to hate micro because of all of the diagrams but it's not too bad once you understand it. I still prefer macro but the questions are probably easier in micro and you'd need to know a lot more to answer a macro question. I find both interesting. I still prefer business it's less complicated lol.

I love international trade inflation is quite interesting.

How is the timing for economics? isit better than in business? I haven't done a mock? How long should I be spending on each question?

I used to hate micro because of all of the diagrams but it's not too bad once you understand it. I still prefer macro but the questions are probably easier in micro and you'd need to know a lot more to answer a macro question. I find both interesting. I still prefer business it's less complicated lol.

How is the timing for economics? isit better than in business? I haven't done a mock? How long should I be spending on each question?

This is my time frame:
    1. Shorts- 20 minutes
    2. Choose Longs- 5 minutes
    3. 1st Long- 25
    4. 2nd Long- 25
    5. 3rd Long- 25
    6. 4th Long- 25
    7. Read Over- 25 Minutes

What economists are people doing?

Would Keynes,Ricardo and smith be alright would you think?I can't see malthus or friedman coming up(could be wrong!)

HowAreWe wrote: »
    What economists are people doing?

Would Keynes,Ricardo and smith be alright would you think?I can't see malthus or friedman coming up(could be wrong!)

I'm doing Keynes, Ricardo, Smith and Friedman. They've asked before specifically about Monetarist economists, so just to make sure you're covered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Ok since I've completed my Physics exam with flying colours I'm migrating to this thread :D final exam gwan!

Only have a day to study this. Got this txt file from 2XM (they had some Economics guy going thru stuff). This has all the latest facts & figures which you can mention in the exam to impress your examiner and push for a higher grade! :)

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Ok since I've completed my Physics exam with flying colours I'm migrating to this thread :D final exam gwan!

Only have a day to study this. Got this txt file from 2XM (they had some Economics guy going thru stuff). This has all the latest facts & figures which you can mention in the exam to impress your examiner and push for a higher grade! :)
    Pffttt Physics thread, this is where the cool guys are at...

Even though there's about 3 of us who just post all the time (Mysteriouschic, JamesDundalk and PictureFrame :P)

I hope they don't make the paper really hard this year. The 2010 & 2006 paper were hard enough I think..

Perfect Competition would be the ideal Market structure to come up.

Don't like terms of trade too much. I understand it, can just be tricky to work out.

Also loads of good YouTube videos on Market structures, search mjmfoodie, unreal for explaining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

Going for:

Demand/Supply/Elasticity (All of possible Q1s)
    FOPs
    Market Structures
    National Income
    Int Trade
    Inflation
    Taxation and Governamt
    History of economic thought
    Good bit on current economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭EDmon

Elasticity and COP

What's COP ?

EDmon wrote: »
    What's COP ?

costs of production

I hope they don't make the paper really hard this year. The 2010 & 2006 paper were hard enough I think..

Perfect Competition would be the ideal Market structure to come up.

Don't like terms of trade too much. I understand it, can just be tricky to work out.

Also loads of good YouTube videos on Market structures, search mjmfoodie, unreal for explaining them.
    I actually would die for a Paper like 2010 or 2006! They were gorgeous! <3

Yeah I really liked the 2006 paper or 2001 .
    Those would be my perfect paper :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ellie66

Whats most likely to come up in OL ? Thanks ! :D

What FOPs are people learning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    What FOPs are people learning?

All of them.

Yeah you're better off just learning all of them tbh, if you're going to leave one out though then maybe leave out capital....

Would love to leave out capital that's the most tedious one. Really hope NI comes up, think it could come up in conjunction with money and banking. I don't really know how or why the would leave it out?? It's a fundamental aspect of the course.

I'll probably look over all of FOP. I can't believe tomorrows the last day. I only did a little bit of economics today. Long day ahead tomorrow :).

I'll be getting up at 7am tomorrow for the whole day anyways. I have to cram everything in tomorrow because of the layout of my tests. I've never got under an A in an economics test apart from the mocks where I got 82, so I hoping to do well.
    And I always do it the night before.

Me too! I self-taught myself Economics, got an A2 in the Mocks (89%) so i'm hoping tomorrow will help me get to that A2 standard or possibly push me up to the A1 for Wednesday! I'm thinking of just focusing on Micro, National Income, Int. Trade, Inflation, 3 Economists and 3 Instutitions tomorrow, making sure I know them really, really well and having a good nights rest! I'm the only one in my School doing Economics, so that'll be a bit weird with the examiner, but feck it, he might give me extra time! :P

Can't afford to stay up all tomorrow night either, have Music the next day and literally have not done a tap for it, need an A2 in that aswell! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ganon

Me too! I self-taught myself Economics, got an A2 in the Mocks (89%) so i'm hoping tomorrow will help me get to that A2 standard or possibly push me up to the A1 for Wednesday! I'm thinking of just focusing on Micro, National Income, Int. Trade, Inflation, 3 Economists and 3 Instutitions tomorrow, making sure I know them really, really well and having a good nights rest! I'm the only one in my School doing Economics, so that'll be a bit weird with the examiner, but feck it, he might give me extra time! :P

Can't afford to stay up all tomorrow night either, have Music the next day and literally have not done a tap for it, need an A2 in that aswell! :/

What do you mean by institutions? As in like Monetarists, Keynesian?

ganon wrote: »
    What do you mean by institutions? As in like Monetarists, Keynesian?
    Oh sorry, I didn't mean institutions, I meant like ECB, World Bank, WTO

Same, only one doing it. Really hope it's a fair paper. What course are you hoping to do?

• Advertisement

Same, only one doing it. Really hope it's a fair paper. What course are you hoping to do?
    BCL Civil Law & Economics! :D

Advertisement