Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Phys/Chem...Before/After**

• 08-06-2012 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Long shot here, but does anyone else like me, do physics and chemistry combined? :L I feel so alone O:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Yep. I haven't even learned all the definitions yet. :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I do! What questions are you planning on doing? :)

I'm doing 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 (average at all the chemistry ones and can't narrow it down to three!) but 1, 9 and either 8, 10 or 12 are just back ups. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

How many experiments did ye do in the lab?

Togepi wrote: »
    I do! What questions are you planning on doing? :)

I'm doing 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 (average at all the chemistry ones and can't narrow it down to three!) but 1, 9 and either 8, 10 or 12 are just back ups. :P

1, 2, 3, 5, 6 from section I, and 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 from section II. It's more so what comes up on the day. Sometimes the questions switch around, but I'm not covered for Q.4 at all. (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Yeah same, pretty much what comes up on the day (:
    I'm looking at 1, 2, 4 and 6 in physics.. And chemistry 7, 8, 9, 11, or 12.
    I done it last year actually, you'd think more people would do it, it's not a totally bad exam like, really easy to prepare (:

• Advertisement

Vetton wrote: »
    1, 2, 3, 5, 6 from section I, and 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 from section II. It's more so what comes up on the day. Sometimes the questions switch around, but I'm not covered for Q.4 at all. (:

Question 4 is my favourite. :D I love the physics section, hate the chemistry ones. :P Hoping they don't switch around because I've only covered the bare minimum for physics to get it done in one year!

Question 4 is my favourite. :D I love the physics section, hate the chemistry ones. :P Hoping they don't switch around because I've only covered the bare minimum for physics to get it done in one year!

Physics is a babe, haha. I only took PhysChem up earlier this year too, so that's why I haven't got Q.4 covered.

Yeah same, pretty much what comes up on the day (:
    I'm looking at 1, 2, 4 and 6 in physics.. And chemistry 7, 8, 9, 11, or 12.
    I done it last year actually, you'd think more people would do it, it's not a totally bad exam like, really easy to prepare (:

Yeah, it's not a very heavy subject to study for. ^_^

Physics is a babe, haha. I only took PhysChem up earlier this year too, so that's why I haven't got Q.4 covered.

You've got every other question covered though! :eek: Fair play, what kind of result are you hoping for in it? :P :)

You've got every other question covered though! :eek: Fair play, what kind of result are you hoping for in it? :P :)

Had two amazing teachers teaching us. Hoping to get an A2. How about yourself?

• Advertisement

Had two amazing teachers teaching us. Hoping to get an A2. How about yourself?

Depends how hard I work, got a D2 in the mock, hoping for at least a B1 I suppose. An A would be sweet! :D

Depends how hard I work, got a D2 in the mock, hoping for at least a B1 I suppose. An A would be sweet! :D

Then keep stuck in it and you'll get your grade no bother. (: Do you need specific grades or points for your uni?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

We Do it in our school. I think its a great subject. At least you get a basis of physics and chemistry. Although chemistry can be tricky. Hope its a nice paper this year.

Then keep stuck in it and you'll get your grade no bother. (: Do you need specific grades or points for your uni?

Nah I just want to do well in it, only really need it for the science requirement and the points!

Nah I just want to do well in it, only really need it for the science requirement and the points!

Lucky. :) I'm counting it for a specific grade, and hopefully the higher it is, if I didn't get a requirement in another subject, it might level it out. :P Can't believe we're all gonna be in uni in a few months. :o

Lucky. :) I'm counting it for a specific grade, and hopefully the higher it is, if I didn't get a requirement in another subject, it might level it out. :P Can't believe we're all gonna be in uni in a few months. :o

I can't wait! :D I'm repeating 'cause I had no idea what I wanted to do last year, then two months into this school year I pretty much made up my mind and since then I've been dying to go to college! :P

I can't wait! :D I'm repeating 'cause I had no idea what I wanted to do last year, then two months into this school year I pretty much made up my mind and since then I've been dying to go to college! :P

Haha, yeah. :3 So am I! But only because I didn't pass HL Maths last year. That paper killed me. .__. 2012 looks like a lovely year though. :cool: What are you planning on studying?

Haha, yeah. :3 So am I! But only because I didn't pass HL Maths last year. That paper killed me. .__. 2012 looks like a lovely year though. :cool: What are you planning on studying?

Oh god, this year's paper was so much nicer! I didn't do higher last year but I am now, would've died if I had to do that paper. :o Product Design I think, you? :)

Oh god, this year's paper was so much nicer! I didn't do higher last year but I am now, would've died if I had to do that paper. :o Product Design I think, you? :)

Yeah, I was eager to see that paper today. Well done for stepping up to that challenge. Those 25 extra credits sound so good. (: Lol, a part of me did that day, but I'm somewhat glad I repeated in the end. Ooh, nice. Did you take Art and/or Design & Comm. Graphics? Architecture all the way for me! The uni I got an offer from, they have now changed to put furniture and product design within the architecture course for the first year, so I was so happy I was applying for this year instead.

And sorry, I didn't realise we were veering off topic haha, I meant no harm, so apologies. :P

Yeah, I was eager to see that paper today. Well done for stepping up to that challenge. Those 25 extra credits sound so good. (: Lol, a part of me did that day, but I'm somewhat glad I repeated in the end. Ooh, nice. Did you take Art and/or Design & Comm. Graphics? Architecture all the way for me! The uni I got an offer from, they have now changed to put furniture and product design within the architecture course for the first year, so I was so happy I was applying for this year instead.

And sorry, I didn't realise we were veering off topic haha, I meant no harm, so apologies. :P

Ha it's grand, hardly any people do Phys/Chem, they won't mind. :P Yeah I probably should've done it last year (although I would've probably failed that paper). :cool: It's all about the 25 points. :D Yeah I did Art last year and DCG for the last 3 years (plus Tech and Art for the Junior Cert). Only other subject that really relates to the course is Phys/Chem (*ahem* totes on-topic)! ;) Oh wow, I was considering Architecture for years, literally since I was small it was one of the first things I wanted to do! Went off it in the last year or two, I think I'm far better suited to Product Design. Which uni are you hoping to go to? :)

• Advertisement

Ha it's grand, hardly any people do Phys/Chem, they won't mind. :P Yeah I probably should've done it last year (although I would've probably failed that paper). :cool: It's all about the 25 points. :D Yeah I did Art last year and DCG for the last 3 years (plus Tech for the Junior Cert). Only other subject that really relates to the course is Phys/Chem (*ahem* totes on-topic)! ;) Oh wow, I was considering Architecture for years, literally since I was small it was one of the first things I wanted to do! Went off it in the last year or two, I think I'm far better suited to Product Design. Which uni are you hoping to go to? :)

Haha, good point. xD Nah, you're doing good to have gone for it this year. 25 never looked so drool-worthy. (: I've done both since the beginnings of time haha. Art's such a b**** to get an A in though. :/ What'd you think of DCG's project this year? I really enjoyed it better than the Sat-Nav. Lol, look at you go! :P Same, I've grown up designing all these terribly extravagant houses. Gotta get in the money before I could build one of them haha. But that's so cool! :cool: God, I'd love to feature on Lord Sugar's Apprentice to get involved in all those product design tasks. Could see you on that yet? :L Uni of Ulster in Belfast for me. Best course for Architecture ever. :o You?

Haha, good point. xD Nah, you're doing good to have gone for it this year. 25 never looked so drool-worthy. (: I've done both since the beginnings of time haha. Art's such a b**** to get an A in though. :/ What'd you think of DCG's project this year? I really enjoyed it better than the Sat-Nav. Lol, look at you go! :P Same, I've grown up designing all these terribly extravagant houses. Gotta get in the money before I could build one of them haha. But that's so cool! :cool: God, I'd love to feature on Lord Sugar's Apprentice to get involved in all those product design tasks. Could see you on that yet? :L Uni of Ulster in Belfast for me. Best course for Architecture ever. :o You?

That's why I dropped Art, thought I'd go for Maths instead. :) Dropped History too. :D I liked the project, it suited us arty people more, loads of people who do DCG can't sketch at all, especially when it's something like a bottle that's not square-shaped! :P I used to do that, it was mainly just when I was playing the Sims though. :pac: Ha you never know, Dragon's Den in a few years maybe? ;) :P Awesome, I'm off to Limerick I think, should be good craic. :)

That's why I dropped Art, thought I'd go for Maths instead. :) Dropped History too. :D I liked the project, it suited us arty people more, loads of people who do DCG can't sketch at all, especially when it's something like a bottle that's not square-shaped! :P I used to do that, it was mainly just when I was playing the Sims though. :pac: Ha you never know, Dragon's Den in a few years maybe? ;) :P Awesome, I'm off to Limerick I think, should be good craic. :)

I heard History's awful with essays. AVOID! lol I know! The boys were asking me to help roughly sketch the shape for them because they were um, very deformed bottles. :P DCG isn't required for Architecture, surprisingly. Yeah, that and owning a heap of computer housing programs. Make sure it's the UK one; they've better contacts. DUNCAN BANOTINE!! (I fail to spell his surname right, obvs, lol) ;D I have a friend down there. He loves it. (: Not scared of its reputation for being Stab City? :P

I heard History's awful with essays. AVOID! lol I know! The boys were asking me to help roughly sketch the shape for them because they were um, very deformed bottles. :P DCG isn't required for Architecture, surprisingly. Yeah, that and owning a heap of computer housing programs. Make sure it's the UK one; they've better contacts. DUNCAN BANOTINE!! (I fail to spell his surname right, obvs, lol) ;D I have a friend down there. He loves it. (: Not scared of its reputation for being Stab City? :P

Not scared of the rep but that's the first thing people always say to me. :( Oh well! :P Yeah a lot of places seem to prefer Art for it, weird. Wehey sound, I'll go on the UK one so. :D Ah well at least one person loves it. :pac: Ah no I've a friend down there too and anyone I know who went there says it's a brilliant uni. :)

Not scared of the rep but that's the first thing people always say to me. :( Oh well! :P Yeah a lot of places seem to prefer Art for it, weird. Wehey sound, I'll go on the UK one so. :D Ah well at least one person loves it. :pac: Ah no I've a friend down there too and anyone I know who went there says it's a brilliant uni. :)

Haha, that's just about the first thing that comes to mind when anyone thinks of Limerick. It's probably a conspiracy to keep idots away from the uni down there. :D:D Yeah, it's more so because you have to be creative for that area, where as you can learn the techniques from DCG later. Nice, you'll get a holiday out of it too, haha. Yeah, it's actually a really well-praised uni in Ireland among the best.

Question in physics;

When it asks 'what is the relationship between G, the gravitational constant and g, the acceleration due to gravity' is it just the formula yoke you write? Or what's the answer :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Question in physics;

When it asks 'what is the relationship between G, the gravitational constant and g, the acceleration due to gravity' is it just the formula yoke you write? Or what's the answer :/

Its the formula. g = GM / d (squared). Just explain the letters even if it dont ask cuz they are in the tables as well

Does anyone know if the definition of the farad ever comes up? I don't think it ever has in question 5, but maybe it has in 1 or 6.

Q. A sample of radioactive iodine-131 had one sixteenth of its original activity after 32 days. What is the half-life of iodine-131?

1/16 x 2 = 1/8 x 2 = 1/4 x 2 = 1/2

32/4 = 8 days

That's right, isn't it? It's just a minor question, but if something similar were to come up on the day, I'd like to know how to do it.

Does anyone know if the definition of the farad ever comes up? I don't think it ever has in question 5, but maybe it has in 1 or 6.

I never noticed, but it's possible for Q.1.

• Advertisement

That went alot better than I expected it to :O wasn't bad :L

Advertisement