Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why has Poland such a problem with racists?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

true wrote: »
    to you they are patriots:D

I've never advocated racism, so I think you're mistaking me with someone else.

Again - who are these racists you referred to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

djPSB wrote: »
    I don't think they have problems with racists, THEY ARE RACIST!!

What? A country of 40 million are all racist?
    By gum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

usually its foreigners who ask why has Ireland such a problem with racists, not the other way round.
    We've exported our racists to kill people in pubs and shopping centres overseas, after all

Oh give us a break! :cool:
    You're not Irish and racism is rampant in your own country. Go worry about that!
    You're having enough fun on the "Mothers anger at IRA medal" thread, don't start hijacking this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

There is a black player on the Czech side tonight playing against Russia, I haven't heard a single boo or racist chant while he had the ball. Game is at Wroclaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I was talking to a friends family who are Poles and they were complaining about the Chinese eating all their swans - I thought the irony was funny and came up with the conclusion that they're probably as racist as us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Why has Poland such a problem with racists?

Maybe because the feel that they are Poles apart from everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Anti-racism is the new nationalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The English media have been blowing the issue out of all proportion before a ball has been kicked. The Dutch team suffered abuse from some idiots and it got great coverage. Hence many column inches of over-analysis. Every country has it mis/uneducated fools.

All started from the Panorama programme. We don't know if that was a true reflection of Poland/Ukraine. The programme makers had to make it look bad.

Lets wait until a few games in before labelling an entire nation.

usually its foreigners who ask why has Ireland such a problem with racists, not the other way round.

We've exported our racists to kill people in pubs and shopping centres overseas, after all

Did we? Didn't most of those lads, come from the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

I lived there for 7 years, have family there and I know thousands of Polish people and I d find them quite racist. Few black people move there as they have never colonised anywhere and the language is hard to learn. I spoke to two black guys one night who played for Wisla Kraków(one of those drunken I love black people embarrassing conversations) and they felt that on one hand it was very racist but on the other they got an incredible amount of poosé due to their status as footballers and from the fact that many girls are not racist.

We are probably less racist due to the Nigerian population and the fact that we are inundated with British media, culture and sports.

As Poland becomes more cosmopolitan they will change. The overt booing kinda racism is from poor white trash who are pretty dumb to the point where they believe that Auschwitz never happened or was severely exaggerated .

I wonder if Darren Scully is Polish....

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭telly_lover

that is so 1971

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why do people post questions that imply statements and have no sources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

why are irish people always talking about racism......

there arev many irish people racist against the british.....maybe that is the reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vx5ay8QsTeQ?rel=0&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    That's a bit overkill when [noparse][/noparse] would suffice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

biko wrote: »
    That's a bit overkill when [noparse][/noparse] would suffice :D

lol still learning all this linking thing:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

I wouldnt say Poland has a problem with racists more than any other country. I'm not really from a country Polish people would appreciate but one of my best friends here is Polish and we get on perfectly and joke about the cultural differences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

there arev many irish people racist against the british.....maybe that is the reason...

+1. Our teachers at school taught us how Irish patriot George Bernard Shaw famously said, "burn everything British except their coal".
    Some of us went overseas and bombed others in pubs and shopping centres, and shot others in the back, in England and Holland etc. When England is playing a match, hear the racism in Irish pubs. When Ireland is playing a match, most English people are on our side. So its a bit like calling the kettle back wondering about racists in Poland when we are well known throughout Europe as racists ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

O look..........
    +1. Our teachers at school taught us how Irish patriot George Bernard Shaw famously said, "burn everything British except their coal".
    Some of us went overseas and bombed others in pubs and shopping centres, and shot others in the back, in England and Holland etc. When England is playing a match, hear the racism in Irish pubs. When Ireland is playing a match, most English people are on our side. So its a bit like calling the kettle back wondering about racists in Poland when we are well known throughout Europe as racists ourselves.

"we"?

The English are a race now?

+1. Our teachers at school taught us how Irish patriot George Bernard Shaw famously said, "burn everything British except their coal". Some of us went overseas and bombed others in pubs and shopping centres, and shot others in the back, in England and Holland etc. When England is playing a match, hear the racism in Irish pubs. When Ireland is playing a match, most English people are on our side. So its a bit like calling the kettle back wondering about racists in Poland when we are well known throughout Europe as racists ourselves.

That's a very royal "us" you're using.
    You are not Irish. You're pretending to be Irish to be as racist as you want, as usual.
    Stop trying to incite people and talking sh%te.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    O look..........

"we"?

The English are a race now?
    Just as much as the Irish are ;)

Ms.M wrote: »
    You are not Irish.

Yes I am. Biut that is not the point. Go for the liathroid, not the player, a chara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 CK75

Im Irish and I was on holiday in Poland last year for a week and I didnt see any racism problem.

Was there with my best friend (he's Polish but lives here in Ireland) in Krakow and Zakopane, had a blast there!

Definately going back next year, may save up some zlotys... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Yes I am. Biut that is not the point. Go for the liathroid, not the player, a chara.

True, you moved to Ireland around forty years ago.

[EDIT] I may as well link to the post in question.
    true wrote:
    I have lived in Ireland ( unoccupied Ireland as I suppose you would call it ) for over 40 years

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2226118&postcount=34

I'm not playing ball with you, a chara. Níl Gaeilge agat ach oiread. Ní Éireannach thú. Tá tú ábalta aistriúchán a lorg ar an idirlíon. Nach bhfuil tú cliste.
    Yes, we have racists in Ireland.
    You also have racists in the UK.
    Tusa ina measc. An dtuigeann tú, a chara?

Some of us? Most IRA members were British citizens. As for northern Ireland - an era which is long passed - half the violence was from Protestant paramilitaries. As for most of Europe, if anything there was sympathy to the IRA at the time, generally due to continental anti-Britishness.

The structures of northern Ireland at the time were sectarian-racist of course, which probably explains why some British citizens took up arms against other British citizens.

We had little to do with it - Sinn Fein at the time getting 2% vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

say that again... in english this time

Ms.M wrote: »
    +1. Our teachers at school taught us how Irish patriot George Bernard Shaw famously said, "burn everything British except their coal". Some of us went overseas and bombed others in pubs and shopping centres, and shot others in the back, in England and Holland etc. When England is playing a match, hear the racism in Irish pubs. When Ireland is playing a match, most English people are on our side. So its a bit like calling the kettle back wondering about racists in Poland when we are well known throughout Europe as racists ourselves.

That's a very royal "us" you're using.
    You are not Irish. You're pretending to be Irish to be as racist as you want, as usual.
    Stop trying to incite people and talking sh%te.

He's as Irish as colonel Myers. He may well be Colonel myers. His entire output is Norn Iron 1975-1998. He should take that to master mind, which might stop a thread on whether the Poles are uniquely racist ( they aren't) getting derailed by monomaniacal bullcrap.

Most IRA members were British citizens.

do not let them hear you insulting them like that. You may get a black eye for calling them Brits. They were Irish, usually had Irish passports etc.
    Do you think Irish Republican Patriots really thought of themselves as British, when even our teachers at school taught us how Irish patriot George Bernard Shaw famously said, "burn everything British except their coal". You have a lot to learn.

rubbish. I am born and bred here.

FullRetard wrote: »
    say that again... in english this time

Really? The ball, not the player, friend. That's embarrassing for you huh?

• Advertisement

Most IRA members were British citizens.

do not let them hear you insulting them like that. You may get a black eye for calling them Brits. They were Irish, usually had Irish passports etc.
    Do you think Irish Republican Patriots really thought of themselves as British, when even our teachers at school taught us how Irish patriot George Bernard Shaw famously said, "burn everything British except their coal". You have a lot to learn.

Do I ? a) George Bernard shaw was not a nationalist and b) people born in the UK are British

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

rubbish. I am born and bred here.

I have lived in Ireland ( unoccupied Ireland as I suppose you would call it ) for over 40 years.

Originally Posted by true
    I have lived in Ireland ( unoccupied Ireland as I suppose you would call it ) for over 40 years

"unoccupied Ireland" :D
    Sorry, Sound of Silence, you just beat me to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Bandiam666

O.P or whoever wishs define racism ? I know what it is i just want your guy's opinion on it. To me racism is wanting to hold another people down based on them been different racially. I have no doubt there are polish racists but how many are there. The thread title seems to me that you would term any polish white guy who objects to non polish immigration as "racist" why dont you see him as pro polish i wonder, If say the Chinese or Israelis wanted a homeland exclusive for the people associated with those countries would you term them racist. Maybe we can go search the web & see what the elites of those countries have planned population wise for their nations. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

Op tell me please about one, only one example of racism in Poland, that can't be covered with true, similar story from Ireland, or Uk.
    Or maybe start with any true examples of racism in Poland you are aware of?

How many black or asians were killed in Poland in last few years?
    compare this to results from Ireland and Uk please.

Ps don't forget that Polish population is Irish x 10

ps2
    when you provide all that information open new thread about number of gun murders in Poland and Ireland:-) that will be interesting.

ps3 don't forget to include in your statiscics numbers of racial verbal and physical abuses happenimg in Irish schools, and just standard abuses directed to all immigrants.

ps4

stop reading bbc and english tabloids, who are looking for "easy" readers and buyers.
    How you can trust them if their own national football players are kicked off from the squad for racist comments..

ps5 don't tell me to go home if I don't like Ireland, cos I love this country, and decided to.staya here. I only want to put your attention on fact that you are talking about something you are not familiar with, but only heard in a tabloid.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TwoFace

My understanding is that a lot of it is simply from a lack of diversity in their population

Good one, I remember those postings from true 8 years ago and then he/she vanished till now.

So what have you been doing in those 8 years true?

people born in the UK are British

Northern Ireland is part of the UK, and many people there would not think of themselves as British.

I have live all of my 40+ years in the Republic, since I was born, and even I know that.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

gurramok wrote: »
    Good one, I remember those postings from true 8 years ago and then he/she vanished till now.

So what have you been doing in those 8 years true?

Buying a bigger spoon??

• Advertisement

@Marcin_diy Does how many non-whites where killed in a white country really prove the level of a racism imo that's going to be a very weak assessment. @TwoFace To much diversity kills diversity. What is it your saying you want a more rapid alteration of the polish population ?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    How many black or asians were killed in Poland in last few years?
    compare this to results from Ireland and Uk please.

Ps don't forget that Polish population is Irish x 10

What's the Black or Asian population of Poland?
    Marcin_diy wrote: »
    stop reading bbc and english tabloids, who are looking for "easy" readers and buyers.
    How you can trust them if their own national football players are kicked off from the squad for racist comments.

They are just reporting what's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TwoFace

Bandiam666 wrote: »
    @Marcin_diy Does how many non-whites where killed in a white country really prove the level of a racism imo that's going to be a very weak assessment. @TwoFace To much diversity kills diversity. What is it your saying you want a more rapid alteration of the polish population ?

No,Im not saying anything like that.
    Im just stating thats part of the reason of their racist attitudes

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You've been reading too many reports from the English media, delighted for once that attention is being deflected away from their rogue fans

I think Mikemac1 has a point. A lot of English people are frustrated with the acts of the hooligan faction among their fans. It's just a good media story. The Polish aren't particularly racist, silly to take a news item so literally.

@TwoFace I don't really know if you'd agree with my assessment especially beacuse of your term "racist attitudes" I'm sure to them unless there out to deliberately inflict harm on other groups they are just been pro polish & not racist, perhaps airing their anti immigration views is as far as they have gone there is noting wrong with that in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

people born in the UK are British

Northern Ireland is part of the UK, and many people there would not think of themselves as British.

I have live all of my 40+ years in the Republic, since I was born, and even I know that.;)
    Rory McIlroy thinks his Brittish

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    Buying a bigger spoon??

Wooden spoon in this case :D

On topic, after tonights first match I do not think there is a major problem with racism in Poland. The black player for Czech did not have a single negative reaction in the match from all fans(Russia\Czech\Polish). The BBC documentary in my view exploited a small minority of racist fans to make them out as mainstream. Its on the first match but it looks to be a precedent.

gcgirl wrote: »

"sound of silence" thinks he's Irish, and I would not disagree with him / her on that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

It was disgusting. Its going to be an interesting few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

What's the Black or Asian population of Poland?

They are just reporting what's there.

there are about 70.000 vietnamese people in Pl, 25.000 ormians over 50.000 chineese, and 170.000 Germans ( According to some people Germans are Arians?(sorry for spelling), and looking at the history they can be targets as well.)
    in total about 850.000 to 900.000 immigrants are living in Poland. I couldn't see any info about black people, but we have 2black people in polish parliament ( elected by ordinary people)

ad2.
    they will report anything that will let them earn more pennys. don't you understand how tabloids work? In fact Bbc is a tabloid and tvloid or whatever too. If you dont agree browse youtube on Bbc report about queen gadgets sold at her yubilee like sick bags... bbc got.few thousands of complains recently.

I think english journalist are simply bored with their own crime and are looking for sensation somewhere else. WHY THEY WERE NEVER BEFORE WRITING SIMILAR WARNINGS TO BRITISH HEADING TO POLAND for cheap beer and girls. 500.000 of them arrive to Poland every year since 2008, they are getting drunk, pissing to.the fountains, and having good time. why they were never before writing about racism in Poland?, but now, when eyes of all world are looking at Poland?

gcgirl wrote: »

NI sportsmen and women have to be very careful with affiliating themselves to either community. Maybe he does consider himself British, but he might well just be trying to avoid any tribal ****e and for that I don't blame him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement