Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why has Poland such a problem with racists?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

gurramok wrote: »
    Wooden spoon in this case :D

On topic, after tonights first match I do not think there is a major problem with racism in Poland. The black player for Czech did not have a single negative reaction in the match from all fans(Russia\Czech\Polish). The BBC documentary in my view exploited a small minority of racist fans to make them out as mainstream. Its on the first match but it looks to be a precedent.

the only game im afraid of is tuesday 12th Poland v Russia. smolensk is still fresh for.some people, some other minority dont like russians, and what is more 12th is they national day, as they finished with CCCP, and they all want to walk across Warsaw to celebrate it.

there will be more police in warsaw on that day in full armour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Well said Marcin :)

*Post 100

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

Most IRA members were British citizens.
    no, some of the people they shot and bombed were British citizens, and sometime when drunk they shouted slogans about " Brits out", but most had Irish passports and considered themselves Irish, and were in fact very proud of their Irishness. You seem a bit confused;)

You should study the wisedom of Irish patriots like George bernard Shaw, who famously said, "burn everything British except their coal". Most Irish Republicans do not like Britain at all and do not want to be citizens there. Thats a bit of an understatement. Do not take my word for it. Go in to a Republican pub in a Republican area if / when England are playing next week in the soccer, keep your mouth shut but wear the green jersey and listen to some choice racist comments. Great craic. You will see then if the general leaning of Republicans is towards British citizenry.

Chucken wrote: »
    Well said Marcin :)

*Post 100

thank you, and don't get me wrong - I never said that racism in Poland doesn't exist, I was reading stories, where other skin colour people got their ass kicked for nothing, but this is not a major problem looking at population of Poland. in last 8 ears a lot changed for better. Also thanks to Ireland and Uk, as many people met black an yellow people in these two countries and learned something about their culture.

to be honest im wondering why bbc didnt make an artickle about Norway and Breiviks like people living there- that would be a top story to hear that half of their population are racists.... IMO better for BBC is to find a reason for racism in their own country.
    Most of you watched at least few youtube videos about drunk racial abuses in london metro or bus - I have never watched something similar in "polish internet" or even didnt read about something similar. EOS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

true wrote: »

You should study the wisedom of Irish patriots like George bernard Shaw, who famously said, "burn everything British except their coal".............

Your record is stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    to be honest im wondering why bbc didnt make an artickle about Norway and Breiviks like people living there- that would be a top story to hear that half of their population are racists....

Poster is saying he'd think it would make a better tabloid story for half of Norway's population to be accused of racism with the Breivik trial in swing. He's not saying half the population of Norway are racists in his opinion.
    In case his views are misconstrued. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Most of you watched at least few youtube videos about drunk racial abuses in london metro or bus - I have never watched something similar in "polish internet" or even didnt read about something similar. EOS

Saw few vids of "foreigners" getting their heads kicked in by a group of Neo Nazi Poles in Poland...haven't seen something similar in "english internet" your point was?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

thankfully tonight's game passed off without incident, despite there being a black guy on the Cech side. no monkey chants. no booing.

hopefully Poland can prove to the world that they are not a bunch of racists, and we can all enjoy a wonderful tournament.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

thankfully tonight's game passed off without incident, despite there being a black guy on the Cech side. no monkey chants. no booing.

hopefully Poland can prove to the world that they are not a bunch of racists, and we can all enjoy a wonderful tournament.;)

Did you omit this word?
    Or are you looking forward to a dramatic/traumatic tournament? :D

hopefully Poland can prove to the world that they are a bunch of racists, and we can all enjoy a wonderful tournament.;)

Sorry, I don't watch football in general so maybe I'm not expert enough to be commenting on this but I was a little disturbed by the amount of booing coming from the Polish or was I watching a different game?

• Advertisement

ahh one more thing, I think quite important

if you watched bbc panorama, uve seen nazi and jewish symbols on the stadiums.
    there are some groups in poland that believe that Poland should be for polish only. so they adopted few hitlers ideas, and are using his symbols. However story with nazi symbols and hoologans is different...

Do you know why Bbc people didnt go to any other host city inpoland like gdansk, wroclaw or poznan? simply because this problem exists in krakow only, as one local club was founded be jewish, so other local club hooligans are doing what they can to make rivals angry and are using nazi and jewish symbols. Stupid it is, but doesnt mean that you would be killed or beaten cos of your skin colour or nationality.

so you can see now how smart were bbc journalists to tell the world story of nazi Poland. If they would go to other host city they would not find anything interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

Ms.M wrote: »
    Did you omit this word?
    Or are you looking forward to a dramatic/traumatic tournament? :D

Thank you. correction made.

tbh i think all true footie fans want to enjoy good football, and not witness fascist thugs.

Saw few vids of "foreigners" getting their heads kicked in by a group of Neo Nazi Poles in Poland...haven't seen something similar in "english internet" your point was?

links please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Thank you. correction made.

tbh i think all true footie fans want to enjoy good football, and not witness fascist thugs.

It's been a long day. Are you going to address post 30?

links please

I won't be posting links but I'm good for my word :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Suppose that answers your question then.

/thinly veiled "paint them all with the same brush" thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement