Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction/Engineering/Commerical Project Management

Options
  • 08-06-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Having worked in a middle management capacity with a property development company in Ireland & was made redundant about four years ago. Returned to 3rd level and finished an undergrad in Construction Management & Engineering; completed a Post Grad Dip in Project Management & followed that with an MSc in Engineering. I am anxious to get back to work asap. My present status gives me the flexibility to travel abroad for prolonged durations to work.
    I would like to know what others in a similar situation with a similar skill-set have done; are there still viable long term opportunities in tax free destinations & also how people found both career progression as well as cross functional advancement in destinations such as Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi or Hong Kong within the construction/engineering sector. Did you use agencies in pursuit of prospective roles or apply directly to companies?
    Also, again with a similar skill-set, have others found it difficult to use new qualifications to pursue new sectors such as oil & gas, mining or a progressive middle management role within a construction/engineering organization?
    Also; MBA , yes or no? Or is a sound technical project management basis sufficient to move into a business management role. Sound advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Advertisement