Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm installer

Options
  • 08-06-2012 7:41pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭

Have gotten 3 lads around to my gaff to price fitting an alarm. No probs Beery, we'll get back to you. Well, they haven't. Coming up 4 months in here now and I want to get one in. Any recommendations? Would like to have the option of having it monitored in a few years also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I asked 3 kildare based companys to quote. One quoted only by phone asking what you think you may need. One said he would call back and did'nt bother and the other answered 3 weeks after our call but quoted for wireless only at silly prices.

In the end I called a company based in Dublin and a guy turned up to price the next day. Went with them and alarm installed a week later.

We used Sureguard. (google them for number)

They price one price for a job regardless of how many parts to install or how long it takes. We got 4 wired motion sensors and one wireless motion sensor, 7 wired vibration with open contact sensors for downstairs, 5 wired vibration sensors for upstairs, one wireless open contact door sensor for the shed, one front door wired vibration with open contact sensor, wired keypad, wired outside alarm box, dummy rear box, combined wired with wireless control box with a call feature to my mobile if the alarm is activated (can be text if you are on eircom but I have UPC so must be call).

Total price €900 and took one full day to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

beertons wrote: »
    Have gotten 3 lads around to my gaff to price fitting an alarm. ... Any recommendations? Would like to have the option of having it monitored in a few years also.

Mac Alarms. Did you try them? They did some repairs on our alarm system over the years and I had no problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

beertons wrote: »
    Have gotten 3 lads around to my gaff to price fitting an alarm. No probs Beery, we'll get back to you. Well, they haven't. Coming up 4 months in here now and I want to get one in. Any recommendations? Would like to have the option of having it monitored in a few years also.
    Enfield Alarms very professional outfit from previous dealings

Advertisement