Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOLUTIONS Maths HL Paper 1

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

K_1 wrote: »
    Great. Only problem now is a made an absolutely retarded mistake in the b part of that q, so there goes my a1 :(
    It really all depends on the marking scheme, I got four full questions and only missed q1 (c)(ii) and q6 (c)(iii), now banking I won't be punished too badly. It's all relative though, paper 2 should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 6 porsche924

Could someone please post the solutions for question 3 and 5???

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xCiara_Jonas

Thanks so much for this!
    For question 8 (c) (ii) I didn't get that answer but what I did was integrate under the curve between root k and -root k would that still work? If it does I think I may have just made a slip cause I took away the areas under the lines...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Thanks so much for this!
    For question 8 (c) (ii) I didn't get that answer but what I did was integrate under the curve between root k and -root k would that still work? If it does I think I may have just made a slip cause I took away the areas under the lines...

That's completely right. The answer given is wrong, it should be (2rootk^3)/3 I think.

finality wrote: »
    That's completely right. The answer given is wrong, it should be (2rootk)/3 I think.

Really?!! :D I got 2rootk^3 :L Maybe a slip...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Question 1 C)i

Can you multiply kx-t by (k^2x^2+k) (k just being random letter), let it equal to the equation they give you and match up? I did and I got two things equal to each other, does this show it's a factor :confused::confused:? Feel like a r*tard that I din't just long divide :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭paddyhes

are there solutions to Q3 and Q5 up?

Really?!! :D I got 2rootk^3 :L Maybe a slip...

No that's right, sorry, that was a typo :P

No that's right, sorry, that was a typo :P

Think it's supposed to be 2rootk^3 all divided by 3 :L But still! Prob only lost either 1 or 3 marks x)

Think it's supposed to be 2rootk^3 all divided by 3 :L But still! Prob only lost either 1 or 3 marks x)

Oh, you didn't have it over 3? When you integrated the curve, and raised the power to 3, did you forget to put it over 3? That'd just be a blunder :)

• Advertisement

Oh, you didn't have it over 3? When you integrated the curve, and raised the power to 3, did you forget to put it over 3? That'd just be a blunder :)

I don't have a clue what I did, but I def integrated it proper.. hmmm
    Could have come from the previous part cause I went and said a = root-k so could have stemmed from some workings on that maybe, which if it did I wouldn't actually lose the marks for that part of the question just (i) :)

Does anyone know where I can find the solutions to questions 3 and 5???

Solutions to 1,2,6,7,8. The rest coming tomorrow.

**Disclaimer: I'm not a maths teacher or in any way involved in the marking. I'm simply going into 3rd year maths at Trinity College, in my LC got A2 in maths and physics and A1 in Applied maths. There may possibly be mistakes in my solutions. I'm not a machine. If you spot something, please say so.
    They will not appear on your screen and you will have to click a link to view/download them, so no one is forcing to to view them. You do so at your own discretion.

Could you please post the solutions to question 3 and 5 from higher paper 1???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

porsche924 wrote: »

http://www.studentxpress.ie/papers/complex.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dougery1

porsche924 wrote: »

I was just gonna write the same thing. Please post the solutions Q3,4 and 5. It will be very much appreciated. :):)

Advertisement