Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do like most in your garden??

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

rebelden wrote: »
    Hi Paddy lad how are things with you? May I take the opportunity to welcoming you back into the fold and lovin that is Boards.ie:D. How did you enjoy your holiday? I hope you will behave yourself this time:p. Welcome back anyway and keep the camera revved up. By the way you have some nice holly ball trees there in that picture. May I ask where did you purchase those trees and were they expensive. Kind regards from the rebel county man.

Hows she cuttin.:D

Great to be back and I allready have the new camera all fired up and snapping away.:D

My girlfriend bought them for me,she saw me looking in some of the garden centres at smaller versions and heard me commenting on how nice they were.:)

Never asked how much they cost her or where she got them,as they were a gift from her to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rebelden

Sound man Paddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Teeley wrote: »
    I'm a curious novice gardener..what are you, or others on this thread, thinking of for summer colour?! Thanks.

Roses, hydrangeas and long-flowering shrubs. I may sow some wildflowers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

I love trying new things out every year and enjoying the the more established plant like my lillys burst into life. Every year they come back a foot higher.
    I love getting out the BBQ and cracking open a beer with the family or friends in the summer sun with my work on display.

I love the fact that I have a small area which is easy to keep .

Cant wait to get going at it this year. In fact im going out to do a bit now

Did a bit more planting today.

Nice evergreen ground coverage with white flowers till june.:)

Also bought a few more pots,and might plant some of the hellebors in them,until we figure out where in the main garden to plant them.

• Advertisement

We bought some more Hellebors today.
    Planted some of them in the garden and the rest of them in pots,as we have run out of space in the garden,and I dont want to disturb all the various flower bulbs that are springing up everywhere now.:)

Last of the Hellebors finally planted up today...had to go and buy some more pots to accomodate the rest of the plants.:)

Nice enough weather the last few days,bit of rain,and mild and sunny too.

Makes the garden,hedging and various plants burst into life.

Roll on the summertime so.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Nice to see this one revived, My fave is my Clematis Montana, Alliums and the Grannys Bonnets. Have a Delphinium that seems to be coming back up despite being a no show last 2 years. Forget the colour so shall just have to wait and see

spygirl wrote: »
    Nice to see this one revived, My fave is my Clematis Montana, Alliums and the Grannys Bonnets. Have a Delphinium that seems to be coming back up despite being a no show last 2 years. Forget the colour so shall just have to wait and see

Sounds lovely.:)

Bit of milder weather and some sunshine/rain,and its amazing how quick the plants start to grow.

• Advertisement

1st liquid feed of the year the other day.

40ml into 11 litres of water.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Planted a selection of bulbs last year on the blind, very happy with the surprise. :D
    17z1u.jpg

teon8.jpg

Advertisement