Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

south east radio crack the code

Options
  • 08-06-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else find it very strange that south east radio can run a competition, make it next to impossible to win based on the number of people in the county and the size of the number you have to guess. then after running it for a month with thousands of entries creating a nice profit for the radio station announce that there was no winner and the competition is over??? maybe i have it wrong but i definitely think this is a complete con and should be investigated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We got caught out before with the SER secret sound .- It cost us a fortune entering and only realised afterwards that we were not in the queue at all , because the call had to be made during the show .

Once bitten , twice shy .

So when we saw this one advertised everywhere , it did'nt tempt us .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They do one at the weekend where they do'nt even offer a prize it's "just for fun". I'm sure their aware of competition rules, does'nt make it morally right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

The dirty bastards. I didn't know that had happened. Useless radio station anyway, themselves and the staff of Beat should be boiled in acid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Don't see much difference between SER's competition and the Lotto except for the prize. The secret sound was a scam all right.

Could at least give the prize to charity if no one wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

It's the most outrageous and ridiculous thing I have ever heard. There are 1 million different unique combinations for the 6 numbers so it was quite impossible for 1 person to be the lucky one.

I have no idea why anybody entered considering you have a 1 in 13 million chance of winning the lottery.

They probably made a tidy profit.

Terrible radio station.

Sounds like exploitation of the gullible......mean and nasty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Toothpaste89

Disgusting. How do we report this?? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sounds like 'Mooney's Money' to me - I often wonder how much that rakes in for RTE at €1.00 or £1 per call but there's one born every minute. :rolleyes:

Maybe these "one born every minute"people should have better protection from these "respectable" companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Disgusting. How do we report this?? :cool:

You could always try the BAI if it bothers you that much?! :rolleyes:

Advertisement