Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Laziest Dinner You Ever Made?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

At a house party a while back, the cupboards were raided early. By the time I was hammered, the place had been cleared out of nearly everything. So I ate mayonnaise. With a fork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Leftover pasta in a Family Size tin of beans.

Boy was I Shtink :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

just went over to my parents house to see how they are "would you like some tea and a sambo lookitsme? well ok ma"

ps. a while ago, not just now i don't think my mother would be so happy to boil the kettle and start buttering after 1:30. strict midnight deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Many times especially during student days I would boil the kettle and dissolve a veg stock cube and have that as soup. Nom nom nom.

Also love to just add hot water to a packet of stuffing and a few nobs of butter and just eat it.

Used to do the whole ketchup in pasta thing too but would add some chilli powder to it too and sometimes some cheese.

Still a favourite in our house and was a quick lunch the other day was boil some pasta, mix in a tin of baked beans, grate some cheese into it and then stir in some nandos sauce. Delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

vicwatson wrote: »
    soooooo just beeeaaannnsssssss:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Yes. Robbed it from an Apres Match sketch. Hilarious!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Tipex

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Know a lad who was flat broke for 4-5 days at the end of the month and too proud to borrow so for a few days he lived on the following.

A loaf of bread,
    2 chicken stock cubes,
    a tin of garden peas,
    an onion,
    half dozzen eggs
    water
    Salt
    sugar.

He made a "soup" by boiling the onion and peas in the chicken stock, and had a ladle full as his main meal with a fried egg each day, and some bread.
    Had toast with dairy spread every day for breakfast and would drink hot water with sugar in it sometimes as an "energy boost", when he started feeling weird he had pints of water with sugar and some salt to try replace electrolites.

every day, for 4-5 days.

He's no small man either.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

Crackers and cheese or toast and marmalade

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crinklestein

a tub of supervalu coleslaw :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

A chicken and mushroom pot noodle must be the laziest dinner i ever had. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

You people disgust me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

gara wrote: »
    You people disgust me :(

Any particular reason or just in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Overall, really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

2-3 pints of water to kill appetite when too lazy to eat

/close thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Sat at the table in front of laptop with a fork in my hand and ate the contents of a punnet of strawberries and a punnet of blackberries, very nice but i needed the tub of sudocream after a few hours :)

Where the hell were you putting the fork?????? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'd rather go without than eat some of the shyte thats been classed as a meal in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Many years ago when I was flat broke and living in a crappy bedsit type place. My dinner consisted of cheap ham dipped in mayonnaise.

Not my proudest moment.

Luxury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Ajos

Take a slice of bread and wrap a banana in it. No slicing or mashing, just a slice of bread wrapped around a banana.

For dessert, take another banana and dip it in Nutella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

a cheese and onion mixed with a salt and vingear tayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Straight to the mothers :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

To be fair we're all pretty disgusting.

Mine: A spoonful of ketchup and a wrap
    (please don't judge me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Well i have to say after reading this thread i decided to unplug my apple-arse from the computer chair and decided to cook a real dinner as i got the munchies.

Inserted two eggs into a cup with a tiny amount of milk and stirred it up well for an omelette. Then I managed to walk all the way over to the pot compartment and put a nice accumulation of peas into a separate pot with some water covering them. Then i wandered off toward the top right of my fridge and lazily extracted a tin of tuna fish 'indian ocean catch' and had them ready for frying and also had a chicken breast in the oven cooking at 190 c. A couple of carrots and some mushrooms and after all that work I have to say it was worth it. So people, when you want a nice dinner but are too knackered to cook, just put on a bit of cooking music and get stuck in. If I can do it then anyone can. PS. my cooking and selection of such food is debatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

A packet of Tesco Bombay mix.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

Spuds, peas, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower all boiled in the same pot and mashed into a brown mush, potato skin and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've done the whole rice and soy sauce thing on occasion, but some of the replies here are crazy. A spoonful of ketchup in a wrap....could people actually be so badly off that even a loaf of tesco bread and a tub of butter is outside of their financial reach? Like that's not even lazy, it's just.....upsetting. Lazy would be eating McDonalds when you've a fridge full of food cos you're not bothered cooking. But a spoonful of ketchup in a wrap....sorry I just can't get past that one! I think this thread is more heading towards 'the most poverty stricken dinner you ever made'.

My laziest meal was probably when I was watching Battlestar Galactica Season 2 over the course of a day, and was far too impatient to cook anything, so ate a salad bowl full of porridge for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Also. If you're ever, incidentally, poverty stricken. Tesco Value instant noodles. 13c a packet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cornflakes, had no milk, had Tomato Ketchup.

Yum yum !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

vicwatson wrote: »
    Cornflakes, had no milk, had Tomato Ketchup.

Yum yum !

Yeah right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

A bowl of black pudding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,442 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If you only have bread and butter in the house you could make a toast sandwich.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I thought I was bad yesterday having a toasted tuna&cheese wrap, with frozen wedges. having read this, I feel like Jamie feckin Oliver. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

People are mentioning pasta and rice a lot... I'm that lazy that I can't be bothered waiting for these to cook so I eat cous cous instead... boil water in kettle while I lightly fry whatever veg I have - 3 minutes. Put boiling water in cous cous to 'cook' it - 30 seconds. Mix together with some kind of sauce. Voila! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Six tins of tuna.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

Laziest.......heated the contents of a tin of beans in a pot, dumped in two eggs until they congealed, ate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

DeVore wrote: »
    I once ate.... sugar.
    as a child a I ate a jar of Colmans mustard
    I know a girl who used to sit down with a tub of butter and a spoon

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

I've cooked koka noodles in the kettle before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

A tin of peas followed by a tin of beans. Both eaten cold, straight from the tins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

A bottle of Jagermeister, a packet of crisps and a banana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

my favourite lazy dinner - brown toast, real butter, mushy peas, soy sauce -yes soy sauce (it began with pepper but over time evolved that way, dunny why).

Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I don't think I've ever stooped as low some of the delicious offerings on this thread, but I do have a quick and easy dinner in my repertoire that always goes down well in our house.

Tin of chicken in white sauce, small tin of kidney beans (or mixed beans if you're feeling adventurous), empty into saucepan together and heat through. Dump it on bed of cooked pasta or rice. Season liberally with black pepper and serve. Costs practically nothing and takes 5 mins.

Am I missing the point ? - probably, but food is a serious issue and one thing I'm rarely lazy about. Ironing on the other hand can go fuck itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I have also just smoked a cigarette instead of eating, as I find that hunger and nicotine cravings are often confused. It works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

laziest dinner? lasagne chips and salad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

If I'm feeling lazy, I just eat a few handfuls of spinach leaves straight from the packet, like crisps. Guess there are worse things I could be eating though!

I've seen my brothers eating beans/spaghetti hoops straight from the tin, because heating them up is too much effort. :rolleyes:
    DeVore wrote: »
    I once ate.... sugar.

When I was little, my childminder used to feed me sugar sandwiches ... two slices of white bread, butter, and sugar. Yuck! :eek: (Course, I loved it back then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I don't think I've ever stooped as low some of the delicious offerings on this thread, but I do have a quick and easy dinner in my repertoire that always goes down well in our house.

Tin of chicken in white sauce, small tin of kidney beans (or mixed beans if you're feeling adventurous), empty into saucepan together and heat through. Dump it on bed of cooked pasta or rice. Season liberally with black pepper and serve. Costs practically nothing and takes 5 mins.

Am I missing the point ? - probably, but food is a serious issue and one thing I'm rarely lazy about. Ironing on the other hand can go fuck itself.
    Where the hell do you get a tin of chicken??

okay the laziest dinner i ever made was either a) scrambled egg or b) omlette ,both are very easy to make,all it takes is milk and eggs and a bit of salt,add onions and tomatoes if you like..
    take under 20 mins to make..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

laziest dinner? lasagne chips and salad..
    okay the laziest dinner i ever made was either a) scrambled egg or b) omlette ,both are very easy to make,all it takes is milk and eggs and a bit of salt,add onions and tomatoes if you like..
    take under 20 mins to make..

I really wouldn't consider either of those to be that lazy, at all! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 gary s

Waffles in a toaster that's my usual lazy meal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

coco_lola wrote: »
    I have also just smoked a cigarette instead of eating, as I find that hunger and nicotine cravings are often confused. It works.

Sorry Lola, and maybe you didn't mean it that way - but that almost advertises smoking.

I'm honestly not being snotty about it, just try drinking loads of water between meals and fruit / nuts as a healthier option. All of things have health benefits for you, so give the body the good stuff rather than poison it. It will probably stabilize your cravings between meals.

/not being an ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

A tin of tuna already opened, straight from the tin, with a plastic fork.

tuna lunches i have them there 2.50 each in dunnes ..

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

ArtyC wrote: »
    Where the hell do you get a tin of chicken??

Dog food isle :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement