Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Laziest Dinner You Ever Made?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Cold beans straight from the tin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was eating cream crackers once and couldn't be bothered to wash a knife so I just dipped them into the jam jar. Now it's the only way I eat crackers, it was bleedin delicious

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Raw toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I go to my parents for a feed...

Appearantly pasta and butter isn't a meal...

Who knew?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I don't think I've ever stooped as low some of the delicious offerings on this thread, but I do have a quick and easy dinner in my repertoire that always goes down well in our house.

Tin of chicken in white sauce, small tin of kidney beans (or mixed beans if you're feeling adventurous), empty into saucepan together and heat through. Dump it on bed of cooked pasta or rice. Season liberally with black pepper and serve. Costs practically nothing and takes 5 mins.

Am I missing the point ? - probably, but food is a serious issue and one thing I'm rarely lazy about. Ironing on the other hand can go fuck itself.

Tinned chicken?!!? And food is something you're not lazy about? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I don't think I've ever stooped as low some of the delicious offerings on this thread, but I do have a quick and easy dinner in my repertoire that always goes down well in our house.

Tin of chicken in white sauce, small tin of kidney beans (or mixed beans if you're feeling adventurous), empty into saucepan together and heat through. Dump it on bed of cooked pasta or rice. Season liberally with black pepper and serve. Costs practically nothing and takes 5 mins.

Am I missing the point ? - probably, but food is a serious issue and one thing I'm rarely lazy about. Ironing on the other hand can go fuck itself.

Tinned chicken?!!? And food is something you're not lazy about? :eek:

Yeah in fairness some of us might be the epitome of laziness, but if I was cooking chicken I'd get a chicken breast for a euro in the butchers....chicken in a tin?!

FEed me chicken in a tin and call me Felix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

When I was little, my childminder used to feed me sugar sandwiches ... two slices of white bread, butter, and sugar. Yuck! :eek: (Course, I loved it back then though.

Obviously she knew very little about minding children if she thought the easiest way to look after a child is to feed it sugar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Firegaurd wrote: »
    Obviously she knew very little about minding children if she thought the easiest way to look after a child is to feed it sugar :)

This was my afternoon treat right before she handed me back to my parents! ;):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

I've been know to rub rich tea biscuits off a pack of butter because i'm too lazy to find a knife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I once dropped some hash on the floor and wound up smoking mouse ****. That was dinner in college. Blessed be the days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Before Christmas in college I didn't want to buy much food as it would go to waste when I went home, so one day all I had for lunch was some honey out of the squeezy bottles straight into my mouth, good times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

HA HA pasta isn't lazy, it requires boiling water in a pot, thats a lot of effort.

You all have no idea what true laziness is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Paudee wrote: »
    I've been know to rub rich tea biscuits off a pack of butter because i'm too lazy to find a knife.

+ 1 except it breaks the biccies if the butter is cold....
    Have been known to have 2 minute noodles for dinner.... No hot water just open the pack. eat. Gets everywhere in the bed ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

ArtyC wrote: »
    Where the hell do you get a tin of chicken??

As always our American friends are way ahead of us. Full chicken in a tin!

On a positive note its helps the laziness as when you see this chicken you wont want to eat for the rest of the day!

http://a0.img.mobypicture.com/988bae035cab92dd812f42e0db20b871_view.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Abi wrote: »
    Sorry Lola, and maybe you didn't mean it that way - but that almost advertises smoking.

I'm honestly not being snotty about it, just try drinking loads of water between meals and fruit / nuts as a healthier option. All of things have health benefits for you, so give the body the good stuff rather than poison it. It will probably stabilize your cravings between meals.

/not being an ass

Nope, definitely didn't mean it that way at all - I'm still in AH, right?! It was a joke! I'm a smoker, and don't promote people smoking at all. But it is true that hunger pangs and nicotine cravings feel the same physically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Remove Ben & Jerry's from freezer.
    Remove spoon from drawer.
    Remove lid of tub.
    Eat.

Best.dinner.ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

A can of tuna and a fork :(
    My housemate microwaved chicken and mixed it with beer.....it came right back up :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Sometimes i'm too lazy to get and use a spoon for my yoghurt so I hold it in front of my tongue and squeeze the bottom causing the sweet ooze to messily burst forth. Once that has been dealt with I then proceed the lick out the insides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

DeVore wrote: »
    I once ate.... sugar.

Do this more times than I should. If I am caught busy at work I will eat a few sachets of sugar as don't have time/food with me. Funny thing is I don't put sugar in my coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

Xivilai wrote: »
    Sometimes i'm too lazy to get and use a spoon for my yoghurt so I hold it in front of my tongue and squeeze the bottom causing the sweet ooze to messily burst forth. Once that has been dealt with I then proceed the lick out the insides.

Ha I think I have only used a spoon about 3 times with a yogurt. There is a technique to master with your tongue to get at the yogurt in the corners. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Funny how you should mention not stooping as low as some of the dinners mentioned but yet you eat "chicken" out of a can :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Chef brown sauce
    Heel slices of loaf you'd otherwise never touch.

Surprisingly filling.

Also just bread on it's own. I've often gone through loafs having done nothing but take slices out and eat them as is, adding nothing to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Hilarious that raw pudding passes without comment, yet tinned chicken in white sauce offends people...only in AH.

Tinned meat for the win come the zombie apolcalypse - will last years !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Tin of beans (with a pull-ring top for added laziness).
    I literally refuse to buy beans if they don't have a pull ring top. The effort of using a tin opener is just absurd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Things like soup, microwave rice or pot noodles. These often stand in the microwave for quite a while as I muster up the energy to get up again to take them out :P.

Cold pasta salads from Tesco are even better - they don't require the effort of heating them and they come with a plastic fork, so no opening the cutlery drawer to get one and no washing up. (*Requires you to go to Tesco at some point though*) :pac:

This thread is making me hungry...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

another lazy dinner is oven chips garlic sauce and grated cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Some days I simply throw a Rustlers Quarter Pounder into the microwave for 60 seconds. Lazy dinner, but still makes a great meal especially in front of a film,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

One i did the other day was french toast one of my favourites or just kidney beans out of a tin..
    But im not usually a fan of lazy dinners i prefer something that fills you up so you dont snack all the time,ive gotten into bad snacking habits lately.I dont mind having a supper never did but lately im going down the unhealthy route,and you dont feel as full..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Cup of Bovril :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Hilarious that raw pudding passes without comment, yet tinned chicken in white sauce offends people...only in AH.

Because we've all been there at some point, own up people....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

during the snow 2 years ago, I dropped in stew to my elderly neighbour, the neighbour on the other side , dropped in quiche, he combined the two together and ate it for 2 or 3 days:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I think it's going to be a lazy dinner day today :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dishwasher salmon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Pasta cooked in an OXO cube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

A tin of spaghetti hoops, some diced salami thrown in with a few squirts of hot sauce. White trash pork bolognaise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bokkenspiel

made 2 minute rice in 1 minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ArtyC wrote: »
    Yeah right!

Don't remember you being in the kitchen with me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Dinner last Wednesday was three ingredients. Peri-peri chicken, brie, ciabatta. YUM.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

2 waffles and 4 pudding, mash them all together with red sause mmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

2 yoghurts and a slice of dry bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

My finger nails. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I'm surprised nobodys mentioned pizza? I'm not a fan of pizza but for a lazy hot dinner you stick one of them in the oven for 20mins and there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

A 4 hour, wine braised pheasent cassarole, with turned carrots, thrice cooked chips and a glass of my own, home brewed ale. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

My mate had 2 slices of dry bread, but nothing to put between them. So he pulls a cabbage leaf out of the bin, puts it between the bread and eats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Does liquid bread (beer) count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

CruelCoin wrote: »

Not atall! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Liquid bread = Beer :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

kingtut wrote: »
    Liquid bread = Beer :confused:

Beer in its original form (read: unfiltered REAL beer) has all kinds of bits floating in it.

It is sometimes refered to as liquid bread, because it is just as nourishing.

In olden germanic cultures, beer formed an essential part of the diet, as you could brew any old ****e into beer, and it made what would otherwise have been inedible, edible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Beer in its original form (read: unfiltered REAL beer) has all kinds of bits floating in it.

It is sometimes refered to as liquid bread, because it is just as nourishing.

In olden germanic cultures, beer formed an essential part of the diet, as you could brew any old ****e into beer, and it made what would otherwise have been inedible, edible!

First time I ever heard of it being called liquid bread despite working in a Belgian brewery for 3 years :eek: you learn something new everyday! Thanks CruelCoin!

Advertisement