Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines

Options
  • 08-06-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys,

Planning my flights to Australia in September and currently looking at flying with Malaysia Airlines taking in a few days in Kuala Lumpur before going onto Sydney so my question is this...how good an airline are they to fly with re comfort, legroom and facilities. Also my friend mentioned that her friend flew with them and once onboard entertainment and food were charged seperately, not included in the ticket price and worked out expensive. I looked up the airline and can't see anything about this so has anyone flown with them who can verify if this is the case,
    Lastly is Kuala Lumpur as good stopover?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I flew the same route. Food was quite good. Free beer and wine throughout. Just be careful on your weight. Quite strict and expensive for overweight. Would definitely fly with them again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

KL Airport is a good airport and has a great train airlink to the city central called the KLIA Express and it is good value too, the airport is a nice journey from Kuala Lumpur itself so taking the train to KL Sentral is what I did and was a quick journey.

As for charging separately for food and entertainment, this sounds more like Air Asia who operate from the KL LCCT (Low cost carrier terminal), this is one horrible roasting un-airconditioned shed and they are too stingy to even install a few seats there. I gave an hour there sitting on the floor whilst waiting for a flight, which was good value, they are a bit like Ryanair but book early to get a good deal otherwise Air Asia are expensive.

A friend of mine flew Malaysian Airlines and they charged her extra for having overweight baggage, so be careful of them with that.

Kuala Lumpur itself is pretty boring, it is cheap but it just lacks excitement for me, the highlight for me was the Petrona's Twin Towers and you have to get there early to get the passes to go up to the top. There is tonnes of cheap shopping and it is a melting pot of ethnic Malays, Indians and Chinese and you could be forgiven for thinking you were in India or China depending on which part of the City you are in. For me it was so so and rather boring. Bangkok is more exciting for a stopover or Singapore if you want total western blandness, and all the expensive trappings of home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 delboy86

ok perfect,thanks for your responses...looking forward to getting it booked now and heading away...

Advertisement