Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft's Vagina.

• 08-06-2012 9:35pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do you know, in all the years I have been doing this and in my most fevered drug-infused nightmares I never thought I would ever create a thread with that subject but... well, here we are.

I really don't know what to say except that this is the excruciatingly awkward video from the MS Developers conference opening. I dont know which bit is really the worst, the atrocious Costa-del-Sol "tekno" , the lyrics ("the words Micro and Soft have nothing to do with my penis"), the continued stereotype of coding being a male "thing" or the fact that they put "(or vagina)" in the subtitles beneath the stage at 1m 30s in.

Its.... its.... its just.... it exists. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUMjxnKzUlQ

Wow. :eek:

Comments

Yeah, I got about 49 seconds in before I gave up. But in those 49 seconds (that I'll never get back, might I add deV), I never once saw any vaginas. Thread disappoints.

Wait. Huh. Erm.

Did Microsoft actually use the joke, "the words Micro and Soft won't apply to my penis?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Sweet... Jesus... Was that genuine or a very lousy piss take?

:eek:

It looks like they got the creators of LazyTown to choreograph everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Was that Scooter? If so, good to see they haven't lost that song-writing knack...."xml is my xtc"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

I'm a software developer and developing for the rest of my life, was this song written by a computer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They really just took the nyancat concept and ran with it.

Though to be fair "XML is my ecstasy". That's a powerful anti-drug message.

Developer conferences. Not even once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I have no idea what just happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I will never use another product made by this or associated with this company.
    Woman's Council of Ireland get off your rocking horsies any get protesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This reminds me that "Microserfs" is a really good book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Think they're trying too hard to go viral.
    Suck bewbs though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If you want someone to click on your thread, putting the word "vagina" in the title is a good start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....worse than scooter.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Windows XXXP just got hotter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Where's the vagina? :D I don't see any mention of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

What a sh1te thread.

Doubt mods will lock it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Microsoft and their "but wait, there's more" box packing execs, trained by scientologists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

And young, confused, teen Kitahiko from Tokyo suddenly knew what his future had in store when he watched the mixed up Youtube video from Microsoft. He was to be; to be a developer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

PC CDROM wrote: »
    What a sh1te thread.

Doubt mods will lock it though.

Door. Arse. Way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Surely a pisstake:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Door. Arse. Way out.

OK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I don't even. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

DeVore wrote: »
    Do you know, in all the years I have been doing this and in my most fevered drug-infused nightmares I never thought I would ever create a thread with that subject but... well, here we are.

I really don't know what to say except that this is the excruciatingly awkward video from the MS Developers conference opening. I dont know which bit is really the worst, the atrocious Costa-del-Sol "tekno" , the lyrics ("the words Micro and Soft have nothing to do with my penis"), the continued stereotype of coding being a male "thing" or the fact that they put "(or vagina)" in the subtitles beneath the stage at 1m 30s in.

Its.... its.... its just.... it exists. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUMjxnKzUlQ

Wow. :eek:

"What could I do with Microsofts finances and resources" wondered you. Now ye know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Ah, the memories.....

2FM DJ's 'Rap Against Rape'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

gurramok wrote: »
    Had to laugh....penis (or vagina). It is true though theres Feck all female developers never mind hot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Let's be honest Microsoft were never exactly on the cutting edge of style and taste, save for the odd outlier and those seemed to bring them out in a rash, but bloody hell that's beyond embarrassing. :eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

gurramok wrote: »

at 1:33 in the video. Flashes "Penis (or Vagina)" on the lyrics screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Wibbs wrote: »
    Let's be honest Microsoft were never exactly on the cutting edge of style and taste, save for the odd outlier and those seemed to bring them out in a rash, but bloody hell that's beyond embarrassing. :eek:

Are you sure about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Why are so many smartphone users so utterly retarded?
    When shooting video, hold the phone in landscape, for fuck's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Yeah, I got about 49 seconds in before I gave up. But in those 49 seconds (that I'll never get back, might I add deV), I never once saw any vaginas. Thread disappoints.

Wait. Huh. Erm.

Did Microsoft actually use the joke, "the words Micro and Soft won't apply to my penis?"
    I'm pretty sure (not watching that again), the 'joke' they used was "the words Micro and Soft won't apply to my penis (or vagina)"

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm not sure why MS would be proud of large, hard vajayjays. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I paused Daft Punk to look at that crap. :(

Shryke wrote: »

What were ye talking about?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nodin wrote: »
    "What could I do with Microsofts finances and resources" wondered you. Now ye know.
    Well Paul Allen swans around the place in yachts surrounded by bevvies of pneumatic women and restores WW2 fighter planes for fun, so that's OK. Then again he left the fold early enough. Apple's version of him Steve Wozniak does Dancing with the stars in the US and appears on the big bang theory, so that's... eh wait a minute:D Actually Apple should nick that video and use it in an advertising campaign to convince people to pay extra for their overpriced stuff cos MS is just so... awkward.
    Paparazzo wrote:
    Are you sure about that?
    Bestill my beating heart. :eek: No wonder some among the geek world thought Steve Jobs was "cool", compared to Bill he was a cigar chomping polar bear, in a freezer, wearing a leather jacket. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

grindle wrote: »
    What were ye talking about?

Try much harder tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

DeVore wrote: »
    I'm not sure why MS would be proud of large, hard vajayjays. :p

lol from the youtube comments:
    youtuber wrote:
    A co-worker summarized this as "Now we know developers are all about lsd, xtc, and having large, hard vaginas". Which is a completely accurate summary. ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I am so so so sorry.... allow me to make amends.

(the DJ Hero 2 remix of that tune is good too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Gordon wrote: »

My how times change!

Its like he thinks he's a WWE wrestler

Its like he thinks he's a WWE wrestler
    My favourite bit of that clip is at 0:22 when he hurts his leg when he stomps down, he even lets out a little yelp when he does it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

That video is very like something the Scranton branch of Dunder Mifflin would devise for visiting delegates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Gordon wrote: »

Too much cocaineeeee

Try much harder tbh.

*fondles dick*

Mmm, not that much harder tbh.
    Thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

I gave up after hearing 'coding is our drug'..it isnt me bollox...an eigth of coke,couple of e's and a few blue's will help me sort out inheritance,polymorphism and passing by reference....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I think they tried to use the Ballmer Peak in their marketing department and ended up with the same situation as Windows ME

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Ha! A mate of mine is finishing his job today in Vancouver and going to work for MS in Victoria.....must pass this vagina whoreing onto him!

Advertisement