Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaflet Placement in UK Hospitals

Options
  • 08-06-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of a company that will place leaflets in UK hospitals?

I sell a product which patients in a particular hospital department would be interested in and have placed leaflets in all major Irish hospitals.
    Most of my business however is coming from the UK, I suppose due to the sheer size.
    My only method of advertising in the UK currently is Google Adwords.
    If I could get my leaflets into the UK hospitals it would be of great benefit but as I am based in Ireland wondered if a company existed to provide this service.
    I have not been able to find anything by searching the web

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Last time I was in a UK hospital all the beds had an integrated TV/Telephone/Internet unit that patients could use on a PAYG or subscription basis. Might be worth looking at advertising on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Last time I was in a UK hospital all the beds had an integrated TV/Telephone/Internet unit that patients could use on a PAYG or subscription basis. Might be worth looking at advertising on there.

Thanks for that but intended market may not be in-patients.
    My product is aimed at patients who have casts fitted to arm or leg, most acute hospitals have a dedicated plaster room where patients are brought to have the cast fitted.
    This area / waiting room is where leaflets would be placed, as they are in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

How about seeking out a co-marketing arrangement with a UK company that already leaflets the same area, but obviously is not a direct competitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I had a feeling that's what you were selling, before you even gave details! I have seen the leaflets in Irish hospital. The reason the leaflets are there is not because you showed up, it's (I think) because the staff of the hospital appreciate your product. The staff specifically mention the product to patients. Your product saves them hassle, because it provides them with an answer to a question.

I would suggest that you figure out how to make friends with orthopedic nurses in the UK. Site visits and the like. Maybe sponsoring a dinner or lunch at a training course? I would suggest you find some way to give something back to the hospital, like you ask all the purchasers what hospital they are attending and make a donation or something.

Obviously, to do this, you need first class shipping/support in the UK. You need to be able to get stuff straight into the UK mail and you have to have good customer service, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 magunk

Would your product be suitable for Nursing Homes ??

• Advertisement

magunk wrote: »
    Would your product be suitable for Nursing Homes ??

I hadn't thought of nursing homes to be honest, must look into it

let me know if it will. i may be of some assistance.

let me know if it will. i may be of some assistance.

Hi Magunk,

Our products are beneficial to anybody with a cast or bandage fitted to a limb.
    They enable bathing and showering etc while keeping the affected area completely dry.
    I would presume that nursing home residents may have bandages etc fitted from time to time but I have not been in contact with any.
    In what way do you feel you might be able to assist?

Thanks
    JMR

I have some experience selling to nursing homes and have a comprehensive list of every home in ireland and contacts.

magunk

I have some experience selling to nursing homes and have a comprehensive list of every home in ireland and contacts.

magunk

If possible could you pass on the details for 2 or 3 in Dublin to allow me determine if a market exists?

Thanks
    JMR

• Advertisement
Advertisement