Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish fans welcome England team to Poland

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

stovelid wrote: »
    An unfortunate taster of the deluge of spasticity that will engulf the country in the next few weeks.

I cannot fathom the smugness of that comment. :eek: Pathetic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

There are videos on the internet of fans at the euros battering the shiit out of each other...and we have fans singing and chanting (lame chanting compared to what goes on at english grounds) at the English team and people are outraged. I guarantee there won't be one arrest of an Irish Fan over there.

You're kinda right..........

Not one but three so far.
    Polish police say they have arrested 14 football fans involved in a brawl that broke out overnight ahead of the European Championship match between Ireland and Croatia.

The fighting, which involved glass bottles and chairs being thrown, took place around 1 a.m. Sunday on the main square of Poznan.

A police official, Andrzej Borowiak, said police detained 10 Poles, three Irish fans and one Croat, and were still trying to determine what role they had in the fight.

Video footage showed chairs toppled on the square and police arriving in force to make arrests.

Ireland and Croatia meet for their first Group C match at Euro 2012 later on Sunday.

SOURCE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

RichT wrote: »

SOURCE
    A mate of mine was there, said the gang just showed up out of the blue causing trouble and were arrested within minutes. One Irish fan was arrested for taking photos. Once the Polish gang were taken away the police were posing for photos with the Irish and Croatians.

Our man on the scene.

RichT wrote: »

SOURCE

Doesn't it strike you as coincidence that the Irish and Croats were getting along fine all day .. then 80 thugs show up and cause mayhem ?

I'm sure being confronted with glass and chair wielding psychos warrants self defence doesn't it ?

Arrested or not ... The irish aren't the ones being confrontational and provoking all out riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Wieder an die Arbeit, Schlaffis.

Irish-at-work.png

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I guarantee there won't be one arrest of an Irish Fan over there.

There were 3 Irish fans arrested yesterday did you honestly believe that there'd be no arrests?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

MaxSteele wrote: »
    I cannot fathom the smugness of that comment..

Read it again.

I'll PM you a glossary if you require it.

stovelid wrote: »
    Read it again.

I'll PM you a glossary if you require it.

Read it again .... still reeks of generalized finger waving and over hyped sensationalism.

Nah, I wouldn't want to waste your time ...

I'm sure you have other threads to do some more class bashing in.

tmc86 wrote: »
    There were 3 Irish fans arrested yesterday did you honestly believe that there'd be no arrests?!

Yeah I did, like there were no irish arrests in America in USA 94. None in Italia 90 and none in Korea in 02.

They were released in time to watch the match so it sounds like the arrests were over tiny incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

everyone knows,as soon as ireland are knocked out of the euros...all those irish fans will be wearing their utd shirts..

• Advertisement

Nozebleed wrote: »
    everyone knows,as soon as ireland are knocked out of the euros...all those irish fans will be wearing their utd shirts..

Who the fcuk cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Nozebleed wrote: »

Galway United?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I wouldn't condone it but I did laugh.

Advertisement