Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aprés Match 2012 Euros

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

The boys are getting lazy, they haven't had a good start to this euros some of the sketches were just songs not much thought behind them. Whats going on??:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭briany

I had assumed that with Ireland's participation in the Euros, the Apres Match gang would step up their game but it's not happening from what I've seen. I know it's early days but bad starts so often do not bode well for what is to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Yeah, havent been too impressed with what ive seen so far, early days though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

briany wrote: »
    I had assumed that with Ireland's participation in the Euros, the Apres Match gang would step up their game but it's not happening from what I've seen. I know it's early days but bad starts so often do not bode well for what is to follow.

And realistically, they have two more nights!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

It could have been shown in reference to the discussion regarding the 4th officials earlier, ie umpires and about as useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id rather them show a classic one then a bad one they make up, they obviously didnt have any good ideas for tonight. Dissapointing but that was a gas one tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Wish they did something about the violence in Warsaw or the offside discussion, there was certainly something to go on today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

In fairness, it cant be easy coming up with Grade A material every single time. Something that is funny to some people, isnt funny to others. I've enjoyed them all thus far. Nothing spectacular but also nothing horrible like is being suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Roar wrote: »
    that seemed like an edited version of that sketch too? or am I imagining that?

How come no new sketch tonight though?

In the original "Pat Spillane" announces some GAH' clubs golf classic . Its right at the end so looks like they just chopped it.

In fairness it is a good sketch and we would be spoilt if there was a new sketch every night

Id rather them show a classic one then a bad one they make up, they obviously didnt have any good ideas for tonight. Dissapointing but that was a gas one tbf

What is the production schedule for Apres Match? Is it recorded very shortly before broadcast to allow for maximum topicality of the sketches? I doubt it's live as I never see them corpse at all. Anyway, I think that no ideas wouldn't be much of a problem for them because they could just riff on the classic panel scenario and come out with something at least halfway funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Owryan wrote: »
    In fairness it is a good sketch and we would be spoilt if there was a new sketch every night

It's also probably one of the few that is still current so to speak without reference to past tournaments..

Definitely 6 years old though, brought out just before the start of Croke Park being used..very good, accurate sketch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Mostly disappointing from the lads so far.

Hopefully they can make a return to form before we have an 'Are Aprés Match and Murphy/Cooper/Cooke done? ' thread here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I thought there was a 3rd place play off in the Euros, theres not, regardless I'd love to see them get a whole game again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought there was a 3rd place play off in the Euros, theres not, regardless I'd love to see them get a whole game again.

That's a shame. Give them a dead rubber match in the third set of group games, if there is one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Another 'classic' Apres Match tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Another 'classic' on the way it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

There might be a point to showing these 'classic' sketches if Youtube didn't exist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Another 'classic' Apres Match tonight...

Anyone know why??? Whats the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Skid wrote: »
    Mostly disappointing from the lads so far.

Hopefully they can make a return to form before we have an 'Are Aprés Match and Murphy/Cooper/Cooke done? ' thread here!

Don't agree, think it's been quite good. I missed one but otherwise decent.

• Advertisement

inmyday wrote: »
    Anyone know why??? Whats the problem?

Maybe one of the team is sick or they have a personal matter. Hope not but it's odd that they'd be off two nights in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

At least this classic 10 year old Aprés Match shows where the inspiration for the studio design for Euro 2012 came from. :pac:

jzPvE.png

htMJP.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

These 2 are just the best...

"If you have passion, if you have conviction, if you believe the lies you are telling..then you just stretch it a little bit, you can stand..to make a great deal of money"

This is probs my favourite ever...absolute classic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Its odd that they showed classics for the past two nights yet rte put a new one on their youtube page:

Hilarious :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

craig doyle deserved that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

That was great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

"Put down the potato - scoop monkey" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I enjoyed that one!

Tried watching it on the laptop there and the internet cut out. Sums the ****ing night up. Gonna have to wait till tomorrow now.

Oh that's up there with the funniest Apres matches ever. The German parodies are always hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Best one yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

That was amazing, especially because of the stupid Craig Doyle ads during every commercial break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

yay!! finally i laughed...good for craig doyle he deserved that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Craig Doyle will present everything:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

That was bloody brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Funny all right lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Best one so far

flanzer wrote: »
    Best one so far

On par with the Ireland-Croatia one. Saving the best for our matches, high expectations now for Italy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

excellent, one of the best ever

love the dig at craig doyle:)

I hope they rip the piss out of the talentless goon that is Craig Doyle.

And thankfully my wish came through. Excellent segment.

They never cease to amaze me at how perfectly they are able to mimic other people. The Craig Doyle impression was spot on.

• Advertisement

They never cease to amaze me at how perfectly they are able to mimic other people. The Craig Doyle impression was spot on.

They are fairly good at doing impressions. There are comedians who can do perfect impressions, but seem to concentrate on perfecting the accent/voice rather than actually be funny whereas Apres Match can do both.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    They are fairly good at doing impressions. There are comedians who can do perfect impressions, but seem to concentrate on perfecting the accent/voice rather than actually be funny whereas Apres Match can do both.

Oh I know how good they are. I've seen them doing it for years. I'm just in awe of their ability to perfect the impression in the first go. This is the first time they've tried Doyle iirc and they got him perfectly. No doubt a lot of practice went into it all behind the scenes, but to pull it off on screen is a different matter.

Hopefully they keep doing a few more of the newer ones and don't just opt for a classic tomorrow. The ones they have done have been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

haha Craig Doyle, you just got burrrned.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

“Craig Doyle will be eliminated”. Thanks Apres Match, you cheered me up after watching that after last night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    Craig Doyle will be eliminated”. Thanks Apres Match, you cheered me up after watching that after last night :)

What a great sounding sentence! I loved the way he explained the impression whilst doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just watched it on the rte player, that is right up there with best they've ever done. Craig Doyle got some slaggin'

"A Nation holds it debt"

Oh I know how good they are. I've seen them doing it for years. I'm just in awe of their ability to perfect the impression in the first go. This is the first time they've tried Doyle iirc and they got him perfectly. No doubt a lot of practice went into it all behind the scenes, but to pull it off on screen is a different matter.

Apres Match has two very good mimics in Cooper and Clarke but they also have Murphy, a decent mimic, who really rounds the thing out with a very skewed sense of humour and I think that's what really makes Apres match what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Murphy was always class, i remember him from "The End" back in the day, his fake candid camera's were stupidly funny.

• Advertisement

Murphy was always class, i remember him from "The End" back in the day, his fake candid camera's were stupidly funny.

The End introduced me to The Critic :) Wonder if a late night tv strand would have any purchase anymore?

Advertisement