Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iowa family finds mammoth bones in their backyard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I was going to say something very trite about Americans and Kentucky Fried Breakfasts. I won't though, not wishing to insult anyone with silly jokes. But I am surprised that the bone isn't heavier than it appears in that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Rubecula wrote: »
    I was going to say something very trite about Americans and Kentucky Fried Breakfasts. I won't though, not wishing to insult anyone with silly jokes. But I am surprised that the bone isn't heavier than it appears in that picture.

Me too... I mean, its supossed to be rock, right?

Unless mammoths are still roaming the most remote wilderness of their farm :O

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Well a true fossil is really a remnant that has become stone, not sure that any mammoth 'fossils' have been in the ground long enough to become stone. But even if they are still bone, I would have expected them to be too heavy to hold up like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Rubecula wrote: »
    Well a true fossil is really a remnant that has become stone, not sure that any mammoth 'fossils' have been in the ground long enough to become stone. But even if they are still bone, I would have expected them to be too heavy to hold up like that.

Maybe you shouldn´t be so quick to judge American Kentucky Fried Breakfasts XDD

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ah I remember as a kid I just started digging a hole right bang in the middle of my back garden in hope of finding dinosaur bones. Of course I had no idea about rock formations etc. or where best to look so just picked a random spot. My parents cleaned up some chicken bones and buried them in the hole one evening. Next day I was over the moon declaring that I had found dinosaur bones. In a funny kind of way I was actually right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

"John, who is interested in archeology, quickly realized that the object wasn’t a toy."

What an odd statement. Were they expecting to find toys? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

obviously a toy bone for a 20ton 30M Dog Dinosaur

Advertisement