Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in The Coast, Baldoyle

Options
  • 09-06-2012 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm pretty close to buying Red Arches, The Coast, Baldoyle. The issues with with pyrite and the slow uptake of the properties in general are well documented so I'm hoping there is someone on here living in the area that might chat to me about their experiences? I'm not from the area so any info on what life is like there in general would be really helpful.

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I have a brother living there for the last few years. From what he tells me Red Arches got lucky with Pyrite as in not affected, however, I'd liken having pyrite with having Aids in the early 90's ... plenty of people have it but don't want to admit to it !

As a place to live, I find it quite soulless and typical of high concentration development of the bubble era.

If you get a place at the right price maybe worth it but to me it's just another generic estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bunnyboiler38

i too am considering buy a 3 bed plus study... looking230k but I dont think its worth it ... did you buy one and what did you buy ? do you like it there ?

catriona

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

I have been living there since 2006 and have to say its a very nice quiet place.
    It has a security guard who lives there and works early morning to late nights.
    There is a park with a playground and football and GAA goals.
    There is plenty of underground parking for apartments.
    Plenty of options for public transport.
    At the start of the estate the 102 can be gotten to Sutton station and 32 to town at the across the road and to Dublin airport turning right on your way out.

10 min it walk to clongriffin where you ca. Get a 15 bus (every 10-15 mins at peak time) and a dart.
    Just walk through the lane where the red hoarding is take right walk to end and take another right walk up the stairs there is the station. 15 is in clongriffin village

Also 29a walk through the lane and keep walking until at Mao. Road a bus stop is just before the bridge.

It's a great place to live bar all the hoarding and the unfinished apartment blocks and the potential shop not open.

But it's quiet there are never knackers drinking people are friendly the management company even employ litter pickers who work once a week

So all in all I would recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BZH56

Hi Catriona,
    Did you finally buy the property? Could you please let me know who you dealt with? Guardian?
    I am in a similar situation and would appreciate to shar eyour experience.
    Cheers Syl

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bunnyboiler38

hi sly

I spoke to alot of people and i did deal with guardian properties, which is why i did not go through with buying the sale. i found it hard to deal with there sales guy gabrial, also it was too expensive for the standard of construction . i didnt like the fact that the site was unfinished either. then i heard about the pyrite and that put me off too. no regrets !good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

hi sly

I spoke to alot of people and i did deal with guardian properties, which is why i did not go through with buying the sale. i found it hard to deal with there sales guy gabrial, also it was too expensive for the standard of construction . i didnt like the fact that the site was unfinished either. then i heard about the pyrite and that put me off too. no regrets !good luck!

I live in the coast and I can say there is no pyrite in the coast. There was in the neighbouring estate clongriffin. It's a very quiet place to live and safe. There is a security guard there all day and at night and although the site is unfinished it has been secured and there is a petition in Facebook to get it knocked.
    Search for : knock the block at red arches. And have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BZH56

Hi Bunnyboiler, what did you ask about pyrite? The builder provided the certification of non pyrite. It has been tested back to 2009. As far as I know, only the Myrtle Estate was involved with pyrate issue. Could somebody who lives there plese confirm? Do you all have the certification?
    Cheers Syl

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement