Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom a/c terminated.

Options
  • 09-06-2012 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Hello,

So I failed to pay my bill for the last 4 months and was sent a letter saying my eircom account had been terminated. I'm just wondering if I were to reconnect with Eircom. What fees would be included? Would I have to order an entire new package?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Most companies like Eircom would insist that you pay off the balance you owe first before they'd open another account with you. And possibly because you got terminated with 4 months owing, they might regard you as a bad risk. Fingers crossed you get on ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

If my a/c doesn't exist how do I pay the existing bill off though? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Lamposts wrote: »
    If my a/c doesn't exist how do I pay the existing bill off though? :(

Hi Lamposts,

I had your details from a previous interaction, once an account is disconnected the account itself remains active (although the customer may not be able to use the phone or broadband)

This allows the customer to arrange a payment plan without the details account number / telephone number being cancelled.

If there is no payment agreement made with the customer the account will be put on termination notice for a few weeks. If no contact is made the account with all the details will be ceased completely.

There is still time to call eircom credit management on 1800 203 101 (open between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday) to make an agreement prior to the account being completely closed.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Thanks for the reply Mark, I'll give them a call tmrw and hope for the best. I'm guessing i won't be reconnected until the previous amount I owe is paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Lamposts wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Mark, I'll give them a call tmrw and hope for the best. I'm guessing i won't be reconnected until the previous amount I owe is paid?

Hi Lamposts,

Yes given the time -frame from the last payment received and the balance outstanding full payment is generally required before the account is re-connected.

Did you manage to call credit management today?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement