Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Monitors

Options
  • 09-06-2012 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

where would the cheapest place to but a:

1. Normal monitor
    2. Hdmi monitor

looking at 100 tops but want as cheap as possible.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

It would be very hard to find one with Hdmi and including delivery for under 100 euro. What size did you need BTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

It would be very hard to find one with Hdmi and including delivery for under 100 euro. What size did you need BTW?

dont need a specific size just hoping i could find a native hdmi monitor
    any idea what price id be looking at for just a normal monitor without hdmi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

TheGunns wrote: »
    dont need a specific size just hoping i could find a native hdmi monitor
    any idea what price id be looking at for just a normal monitor without hdmi?

Look on adverts, lots of decent 1080p monitors there with HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/BenQ_G2025HDA_20_LCD_1600x900_VGA____Black_9H.L4PLA.T8E/version.asp#maindesc

Maybe this could be the monitor for you . I don't know how much delivery is though . You could always give the a ring up about it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

One issue I've found with HDMI monitors is the overscan. If you set up overscan (so the picture fills the screen) on one it casn cause issues on another - if you use two or like me switch to the TV for games and movies.

I'm probably doing it wrong but thought I'd throw it in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Why do you specifically need HDMI, might I ask? Might be that you can get around it and could have more of a selection to look at.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Why do you specifically need HDMI, might I ask? Might be that you can get around it and could have more of a selection to look at.

well i figure ill get better graphics than vga or dvi connections? am i correct? thought that the image would be better with hdmi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

HDMI and DVI are equal in image quality, with VGA a bit behind. You should consider contrast ratio and the type of panel (TN, IPS) when trying to find a good quality monitor.

Don't worry about HDMI vs DVI - one can be converted to the other with a simple converter - it's the same signal. I wouldn't be too keen on VGA nowadays.

Eboggles wrote: »
    HDMI and DVI are equal in image quality, with VGA a bit behind. You should consider contrast ratio and the type of panel (TN, IPS) when trying to find a good quality monitor.

would you be able to tell me how to know the quality of a monitor? never really took much notice of them till now so i know very little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Eboggles wrote: »

VGA is waaaaaaaaaaay lower then DVI/hdmi m8. I got 2 monitors connected on same pc. One DVI and one VGA and difference is just mind blowing. I know newer monitors is sci and ips panel, but the bluriness on VGA is just extremely bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I can vouch for that. I never realised just how bad VGA is until I went back to it. It makes my 24" 19x10 monitor look like it's running at 1280x800. (with tiny icons, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I used VGA on a 19" next to a 22" inch with DVI, at 1280x1024 they were pretty close. Problem is at the higher resolutions VGA becomes more susceptible to interference, decent short cables are the key here I think, but DVI is just the better option.

I would be careful about DVI to HDMI or vice versa, as the DVI connection in question needs to support HDCP, I couldn't connect my old DVI monitor to my PS3 via HDMI for example as the monitor did not support HDCP. In general though most stuff supports HDCP now, but its something to be aware of

Advertisement