Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

play therapy

Options
  • 09-06-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,
    I am considering play therapy for my 4 year old daughter.
    Her dad and I have recently separated and she is a sensitive child by nature but the marriage breakup has effected her,she is missing him but tensions and emothions are difficult between us, he now ,his desicions only sees his children 2 days a week. I have two children four and two,but the 4 year old is my concern.She tried to be the peace maker before the separation.
    I really want the best for my children and love them dearly but this has taken affect on all of us,so my original thought and question was, has anyone used a play thearpist for any reason or for a simialar sitution and did play therapy work?
    Also if anyone can recommend a play therapist in County Galway. and how much a session costs and how many sessions needed?
    Thank you for reading and any advice would be greatly appreiated.
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

I used a play therapist for my daughter she was diagnosed with (mild) autism.
    it was very good and helped her in the play skills..she only got 3 sessions...but it really made a difference...the therapist is in Kildare region based in Donadea
    Pm me if you need more details...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

http://www.playtherapy.ie/
    If you email the association they can send you a list; there are a number of properly qualified play therapists in Galway (lots of counsellors employ play therapist methods, but are not 'play therapists'). I have one recommendation in Co Galway but I can PM with the info. I would contact Play Therapy Ireland first for that list.

I am a strong believer in play therapy, as play is a child's language, and it can be hugely beneficial with patience and the right therapist.

Advertisement