Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths JC Paper II theorem prediction

Options
  • 09-06-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

does anyone have any idea what theorems could come up? really appreciate any help, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

My teacher said she's 90% sure that equiangular triangles in proportion and the circle one.
    But look over them all, they could throw us a curve ball, just look at LC with their Plath!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sophieee

thank you! i hate theorem 9 it's the only one i don't understand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 conall122

we were told to learn theorems 5,6,8 and 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Music96

Sophieee wrote: »
    does anyone have any idea what theorems could come up? really appreciate any help, thanks!

I am only going by what I have read: (The number in breackets means the amount of times I heard it come up)
    • Theorem 2: The Measure of the three angles of a triangle sum to 180 degrees (few)
    • Theorem 3: An exterior angle of a triangle is equal in measure to the sum of the two interior opposite angles. (alot)
    • Theorem 5: The opposite sides and opposite angles are respectively equal in measure. (once)
    • Theorem 6: A diagonal bisects the area of a parallelogram. (a good few)
    • Theorem 8: In a right angled triangle, the square of the length of the side opposite the Right Angle Is Equal To The Sum Of The Squares Of The Lengths Of The Other Two Sides. (once)
    • Theorem 9:The Measure Of The Angle At The Centre Of The Circle Is Twice The Measure Of The Angle At The Circumference, Standing On The Same Arc. (once)
    • Pythagora's Theorem
    Hope this helps! :D Only Going By What I Have Heard! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

does anyone have any idea what theorems could come up?

Any theorem on the syllabus could come up. Most are predicting:

1. If two triangles are equiangular, the lengths of corresponding sides are in proportion

2. A Diagonal bisects the area of a parallelogram.

However, you really need to learn them all because all could come up and besides this, the other parts to questions 3 & 4 may be based around the other theorems anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

The following document shows the theorems you need to know & the years in which they have come up since the current syllabus was introduced)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I can do all of them; expect that bloody equiangular one!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

7,8 and 9 most likely, but don't just study those. You'll pretty much need to know them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

After what happened with LC english and geog I'm going to learn them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

I heard equiangular and the chord many times in my school. The two JC maths teachers are both sure of that. I hope they're not right, the equiangular one is a head wrecker. Chord is easy though.

• Advertisement

I heard equiangular and the chord many times in my school. The two JC maths teachers are both sure of that. I hope they're not right, the equiangular one is a head wrecker. Chord is easy though.

Equiangular better not come up.
    I despise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Cheerios

paddyzk wrote: »
    After what happened with LC english and geog I'm going to learn them all.

What happened?

Cheerios wrote: »
    What happened?

Predicated poets didn't come up in English and geog paper was the same,unpredictable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Cheerios wrote: »
    What happened?

In brief, lots of people had decided/heard/were guaranteed/told by their teachers/auntie's dog that two particular poets would come up. Some people on the basis of this, only studied those poets.

Neither came up.

Lots of wailing and weeping.

Lesson - do not listen to 'predictions' and study what you need to cover your options.

spurious wrote: »
    In brief, lots of people had decided/heard/were guaranteed/told by their teachers/auntie's dog that two particular poets would come up. Some people on the basis of this, only studied those poets.

Neither came up.

Lots of wailing and weeping.

Lesson - do not listen to 'predictions' and study what you need to cover your options.

^^You're so right! Plath and Heaney didn't come up for my brother and he was devastated! The papers are really weird this year - they're purposely making them unpredictable, as they have been getting easier the past few years because of the predications.

My only problem with the theorems is Theorem 9, the equiangular one. I'll cram it tomorrow, and the paper should be fine.

How did Paper I go for everyone??

^^You're so right! Plath and Heaney didn't come up for my brother and he was devastated! The papers are really weird this year - they're purposely making them unpredictable, as they have been getting easier the past few years because of the predications.

My only problem with the theorems is Theorem 9, the equiangular one. I'll cram it tomorrow, and the paper should be fine.

How did Paper I go for everyone??

Pretty good tbh.Kinda marked it myself against others answers and got 92%,might go down a bit but sure.
    how about you ?

paddyzk wrote: »
    Pretty good tbh.Kinda marked it myself against others answers and got 92%,might go down a bit but sure.
    how about you ?

I think it was one of the easiest papers in a while! It took me a while to get the Roisín question but I got it after a while. I definitely think I got an A, and hopefully Paper II will be good as well! I marked it against other answers and I'd say I got around 92-95% as well! I was so happy, it could have been a lot worse

I think it was one of the easiest papers in a while! It took me a while to get the Roisín question but I got it after a while. I definitely think I got an A, and hopefully Paper II will be good as well! I marked it against other answers and I'd say I got around 92-95% as well! I was so happy, it could have been a lot worse

Algebra questions were the easiest things ever tbh.Brought me up a grade I'd say :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vanessam0214

Hey :) my friend went to a maths thing over Easter, the man who did the course predicts the theorems every year and he usually gets 2 out of 3 right :cool: he said that the following theorems will come up:
    Theorem 10- Pythagoras' theorem
    Theorem 8- the chord one
    Hope this helps :P :pac: :D
    GOOD LUCK :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BR3N

Hey :) my friend went to a maths thing over Easter, the man who did the course predicts the theorems every year and he usually gets 2 out of 3 right :cool: he said that the following theorems will come up:
    Theorem 10- Pythagoras' theorem
    Theorem 8- the chord one
    Hope this helps :P :pac: :D
    GOOD LUCK :eek:

2 out of 3?? theres only two on it.

I was told 8 and 9, doing them all though just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭jd6920s

We were told by our teacher that you dont need to learn the theroems that came up the last two years which are 3,4,7,10 deductions don't come up either

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

jd6920s wrote: »
    We were told by our teacher that you dont need to learn the theroems that came up the last two years which are 3,4,7,10 deductions don't come up either

Do they not?? I never knew that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭jd6920s

jd6920s wrote: »

Do they not?? I never knew that.
    our teacher said not. I've looked over exam papers and never saw it .

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

The SEC are being a bit unpredictable this year, so I'd be safe and learn the 10. 1-6 are easy anyway, and 7 came up last year, 8 is grand, so 9 and 10 are the only ones which require effort; don't get screwed over like the Leaving Certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Music4Life085

If you dont learn any theorems how many marks do you lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Owen.N

We were told Theroms 2,6 and 8 but they could be sly this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

theorem 9 came up :D and the easy one about the parralelogram

Advertisement