Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Higher level Biology 2012 Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Maybe its just an example of a tissue...who knows in this crazy world anymore?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Pretty sure it's connective tissue, the matrix is plasma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

reznov wrote: »
    I said for the leaf one that yeast had more time to colonise the leaves. Thus more yeast.

The two that sprang to mind were because there is more sunshine and less rain.. I went with less rain because I remembered that in the experiment you incubate the dish on its side so that moisture doesn't drop on the yeast so I assumed water didn't help its growth... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

smithy77 wrote: »
    Isn't epidermis -> dermal tissue? I thought it asked for animal tissue but I could be wrong:pac:

I'm definitely getting totally confused here. I didn't use it anyway, muscle is ol' reliable for me.

I amend my earlier statement. "You could've used epithelial tissue!" :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭eia340600

Is blood a tissue? That's what I put down, when it asked how it's adapted I just wrote that it's a fluid and minerals dissolve easily in it or something like that.

It's a connective tissue. Don't know if theory take blood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

What was the stem one? How did we know it was a stem? I said the vascular tissue is bundled.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Thought blood was connective tissue? And i thought they wanted like connective, epithelial, nervous etc, not an example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭eia340600

Is blood a tissue? That's what I put down, when it asked how it's adapted I just wrote that it's a fluid and minerals dissolve easily in it or something like that.

It's a connective tissue. Don't know if they'll take blood though..

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

I don't know what to believe anymore :( Wiki says it's a tissue, so I hope it's on the marking scheme!

:/ well it wasn't in our notes.. I could be wrong though!

What was the stem one? How did we know it was a stem? I said the vascular tissue is bundled.

Yeah, that question threw me as well. I also said that there were vascular bundles.

• Advertisement

I said nervous then put neuron after it in brackets cos I wasn't sure :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I didn't like that one, I think I said because it has vascular,dermal and ground tissue :S

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Blood is connective. Lads relax I said Humans have Dermal Tissue and I just realised it. **** it I'll be grand.

Tissue - group of cells working together to perform a function
    Blood - WBCs and RBCs = Cells working together

Derp

Roots have ground and vascular tissue too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

So doing a punnet square for the last part of the genetics question will get you zilch marks? I had no idea what they were asking???

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tankosaur

"Biology question 11 b ( iii ) : Use your knowledge of the life cycle of flowering plants to suggest how an exotic plant may escape from captivity."

God dam flowers always escaping from captivity, nobody is safe from these flowers who can just walk in and out of captivity like it was a revolving door.

You better hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, cos these flowers are crazy mofo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Tankosaur wrote: »
    "Biology question 11 b ( iii ) : Use your knowledge of the life cycle of flowering plants to suggest how an exotic plant may escape from captivity."

God dam flowers always escaping from captivity, nobody is safe from these flowers who can just walk in and out of captivity like it was a revolving door.

serious lolz to be had there. loved that question actually :P I used the dandelion as an example, pretty sure I'll get marks for that!

Whyyy did they change the genetics question, a normal cross would have been fine

Yeah, that question threw me as well. I also said that there were vascular bundles.

Yup, reporting in with vascular bundles too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Namlub wrote: »
    Whyyy did they change the genetics question, a normal cross would have been fine

Even if it was the hardest on they could give you but said in a way you could clearly understand it...

• Advertisement

It was one of many, many questions, I doubt that bit will be worth much marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I know!!!

I just realised that even though I showed the right thing step by step, I wrote my final answer as the genotype of the progeny, I wanted an A or a high B, that could very well ruin it for me :(

I think the bio paper was rewarding.

Tankosaur wrote: »

What did people say for this actually? I said that the seeds of a flowering plant may be wind dispersed.

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    I know!!!

I just realised that even though I showed the right thing step by step, I wrote my final answer as the genotype of the progeny, I wanted an A or a high B, that could very well ruin it for me :(

Lads it was 1 of 4 of a 27 mark question..It couldn't be worth that many marks considering the other questions were substantial enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    I know!!!

Surely, you did more than 4 questions? :o

finality wrote: »
    What did people say for this actually? I said that the seeds of a flowering plant may be wind dispersed.

I said the same but talked about other types of dispersal also

finality wrote: »

I simply said that the pollen could be dispersed thorough the various types of dispersal. Listed all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Lads it was 1 of 4 of a 27 mark question..It couldn't be worth that many marks considering the other questions were substantial enough.

I sure hope that I answered the other 4 parts of this 27 marker correctly...

Surely, you did more than 4 questions? :o

No, only did 4, didn't have time for a fifth one. I wrote so much for the 4 I did. :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I simply said that the pollen could be dispersed thorough the various types of dispersal.

I'm getting these right! :D

Advertisement