Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Higher level Biology 2012 Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

leaveiton wrote: »
    It's alright to use diagrams to explain things, right? Like if they ask to outline pathway 1 and 2 of photosynthesis I can just draw the diagrams provided they include all the information?

My teacher advised us to do that! She got 8 A1s last year, so she knows whats she's on about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

biohaiid wrote: »
    Hey it won't work for me you couldn't post the list text please? pleeeeeeeease?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Guys, will I pass the paper if I know genetics, ecology, respiration, human reproduction, plant reproduction, heart and blood, breating system and as many experiments as I can get done? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Guys, will I pass the paper if I know genetics, ecology, respiration, human reproduction, plant reproduction, heart and blood, breating system and as many experiments as I can get done? :/

I dunno, it doesn't look like you'd be covered for the short questions with that! Do mitosis, tissues etc, nutrition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Food (a quick look over should do for Q1), photosynthesis (resp was on last year, photo wasn't, this is NOT a prediction but photo may be more likely!), cell structure (functions of organelles, difference between prokaryotes/eukaryote) and mitosis would be the obvious ones that you're missing.

Edit: The photosynthesis experiment was on last year, but not the theory of the actual process.

• Advertisement

As a guy who did the exam last year here's some advice: Chill out. You'll be amazed how much comes back to you in the test. also cram cram cram tonight, there'll be something you looked over tonight that will be asked tomorrow and you'll be so happy you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭michaelm82803

I also did my leaving-cert last year and cannot emphasise how important these last few hours are before the exam! I covered so much the night before and I too was panicking, thinking of the worst scenarios! I honestly don't think I would have got my A1 without it cramming. Im hoping to pull it off again tomorrow... even though i'm leaving out Blood, the Heart, The nervous system AND the endocrine system! Its a lot to leave out but its definately doable! Good luck to everyone anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Somehow scraped a D3 in the mocks through giving random guesses to each question. Never opened a book for it and just hoping for a D3 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

Good luck to all ye. I can only onlook in awe at the amount of work your doing. The class of this year had to do ~1000 questions on around 20 pages. That is phenomenal. I think at this point you should all be proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mani09

Just a quick question.... If it asked you for an example of symbiosis could you say a human and a horse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Mani09 wrote: »
    Just a quick question.... If it asked you for an example of symbiosis could you say a human and a horse?

NO! Say beneficial bacteria in the human digestive system. Or nitrogen bacteria on the roots of plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pepperr

Never heard it being used, I would probably wouldn't chance it.

Just stick with the anaerobic bacteria in the intestines/ rhizobium in the clover nodules.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

if i dont get an a1 in this, im seriously going into hiding,bin laden style...... the amount of bull****ting ive done all year about how easy bio is........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

if i dont get an a1 in this, im seriously going into hiding,bin laden style...... the amount of bull****ting ive done all year about how easy bio is........

You'd be hard pressed to beat his World Hide and Seek Champion record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Biology has always been my best subject but for some reason i'm not feeling confident for tomorrow at all! Got a C2 in mocks without one iota of study done but that was just luck!

I feel an all nighter coming on! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'm the same! boasting about how I'm the only one doing higher level all year and now I have a feeling it's gonna bite me on the ass! :o

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    You'd be hard pressed to beat his World Hide and Seek Champion record.

Madeline McCann begs to differ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

No. Symbiosis is an intimate relationship between two organisms from which at least one benefits. Unless you live on a horse or are into bestiality, it's not an intimate relationship! A lichen is a good example (fungus and alga).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Still haven't looked at a good few chapters and I want an A1. Hahaha. Not likely at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Who scheduled this for the same day as Irish Paper 2, gaaah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Namlub wrote: »
    Who scheduled this for the same day as Irish Paper 2, gaaah

Who scheduled it the day before French and History and two days before Business? :rolleyes:

Seriously, as much as I enjoy the prospect of finishing the Leaving in three days, I almost wish Biology was on the final day so I could cram more. >.>

French and history, oh god french and history.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

Stay up all night or go to bed now and get up at 3??

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Dearbhaile wrote: »
    Stay up all night or go to bed now and get up at 3??

That sounds so ridiculous, and yet I am contemplating it.

This is what the Leaving Cert does to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GrahamH220

Done a good bit of study all day. Never missed a class either but I'd be happy with something like 70%.

I'm staying up because if I study biology in the morning I'll forget everything for Irish :(

K_1 wrote: »
    No. Symbiosis is an intimate relationship between two organisms from which at least one benefits. Unless you live on a horse or are into bestiality, it's not an intimate relationship! A lichen is a good example (fungus and alga).

It can be intimate you insensitive jerk! *wipes tear from cheek with horse's tail

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

I'll be uploading videos for most subjects on this YT channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeavingCertificate

The videos give predictions of what the most likely topics may be.
    (No guarantees... The English predictions were pretty woeful. But generally they can be helpful. Geo and Home Ec worked out nicely enough!)

Please give an example of a symbiotic relationship: "Look down, look up, look back down, now look up. I'm on a horse."

Yeah so, anyone else gonna go for an all nighter?

• Advertisement

A flea on a dog is symbiotic, yes?

Advertisement