Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Higher level Biology 2012 Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Yeah so, anyone else gonna go for an all nighter?

Ugh I think ill have to at this stage
    Really want that A1 though so i suppose it has to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Please give an example of a symbiotic relationship: "Look down, look up, look back down, now look up. I'm on a horse."

Yup.

This thing is going to have my biological clock f_cked. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

rosualt wrote: »

Ugh I think ill have to at this stage
    Really want that A1 though so i suppose it has to be done!
    Right we're in this together! I want hourly check ins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Anyone else like me... still having most of the course to revise!!! It's gonna be a long night and Id love an A! I have been studying for class tests and getting As but revision is a completely diff story!!! I'll have to stay up all night to get a high B/ A now!!! To make matters worse my mam are very strict about me NOT staying up so I have to wait till she's asleep to start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Eh, I have already been distracted by the episode of Friends where Joey uses a thesaurus.

'Signed, Baby Kangaroo Tribianni' ahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

i'm not usually a crammer but for this exam feck it yolo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i'm exhausted. S: didn't look at any bio yet! D: just irish.. mainly an triail. so fecked. D: should i shleep for til 3am wake up and study til 9am. or study til 6am and go to bed then instead of now!?!?! DECISIONS! /:

Oh how I'd love to be one of those people who have been revising the past few weeks now and not having left it ALL till the night before... sorry not night before... The actual day of the exam (today!!! :eek::eek::eek:) Better start now! I'd be lucky to get any sleep at all tonight tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chocolatetuna

what do I need to know I know nothing??? all nighter for me indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

I kind of want to but I don't think anything will go in :/ and what if yous crash during the exam tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

No way I could do an all nighter!!.. I went over unit 1, experiments, microbiology and human anatomy earlier. Tomorrow morning go over unit 2... Good luck to those on all nighters!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chocolatetuna

The risk is not waking up! Have a coffee/tea / cold shower and I'd say study now:)

Bubbleope wrote: »
    i'm exhausted. S: didn't look at any bio yet! D: just irish.. mainly an triail. so fecked. D: should i shleep for til 3am wake up and study til 9am. or study til 6am and go to bed then instead of now!?!?! DECISIONS! /:

Dont go to sleep now! I might that mistake before and sleep through my 4 am alarm. Woke up at 8 am panicking about the exam I knew I was going to flunk (summer exam... Will NEVER make the mistake of sleeping first again!!)

Sleep till 3, it can be like a power nap, I think thats what I am going to do

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jacko94

Im gonna be up all night ,can't rem last time i looked at bio . .let the cramming begin. .

The risk is not waking up! Have a coffee/tea / cold shower and I'd say study now:)

i'm an awful heavy sleeper too. /: not even my gunshot alarm wakes me but i'm wrecked!! did an all nighter last night. D: my eyeballs!! O: btw the eyeball might be coming up in bio this year! O: ear was up the last time. O:

Geo10 wrote: »
    Dont go to sleep now! I might that mistake before and sleep through my 4 am alarm. Woke up at 8 am panicking about the exam I knew I was going to flunk (summer exam... Will NEVER make the mistake of sleeping first again!!)
    whhaat but i NEED SLEEP! but i need study. D: FML
    FinnD wrote: »
    haha so many opinions. :L ahh i think i might take a power nap then. S: if i can fall asleep quickly. if not. up til 6am me thinks!! :( :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Namlub wrote: »
    A flea on a dog is symbiotic, yes?
    No, parasitic. The flea benefits, the dog doesn't (parasitism). If both were to benefit it'd be symbiosis.

haha so many opinions. :L ahh i think i might take a power nap then. S: if i can fall asleep quickly. if not. up til 6am me thinks!! :( :eek:

Im with you the whole way man, we CAN do this!!

jumpguy wrote: »
    No, parasitic. The flea benefits, the dog doesn't (parasitism). If both were to benefit it'd be symbiosis.

but isn't it still symbiotic? S:
    isn't there mutualistic symbiosis and parasitic symbiosis. S: or have i mixed everything up!?

need to look at me definitions again. /:

• Advertisement

Im with you the whole way man, we CAN do this!!

rightio! I'm off to try to shleep! :) and then wake up!! (MOTIVATION FTW)!! lalalalaaaaaaaaaaaa (nervous) i'll be back don't touch my pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Trust me on this, if you power nap now you're gonna wake up feeling so groggy you won't take in anything. When you start to feel tired drop and do a few push ups, keep the heartrate up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Namlub wrote: »
    A flea on a dog is symbiotic, yes?

Technically yes but I wouldn't risk giving that as an example of symbiosis personally. I'd use nitrogen-fixing bacteria in the root nodules of clover, just because you have to remember that for nitrogen cycle anyway :L

I think I'll be joining the all-nighter club, I haven't looked at biology in weeks and I really want an A. I think I'll take a red bull into each exam tomorrow.

Trust me on this, if you power nap now you're gonna wake up feeling so groggy you won't take in anything. When you start to feel tired drop and do a few push ups, keep the heartrate up!

what if i shleep and then do a few push ups? (which i can't do... XD hahaha) a few star jumps it is then! :L ah no cause i want to make sure i get a BIT of sleep. i need this. g'night folks. :)

ye better be A+ brainiacs by the morning! :D g'luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

but isn't it still symbiotic? S:
    isn't there mutualistic symbiosis and parasitic symbiosis. S: or have i mixed everything up!?

need to look at me definitions again. /:

Yes, you're right. Symbiosis is the relationship, then mutualism is where both benefit, parasitic is where one benefits at the expense of the other, and commensalism is where one benefits without affecting the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

Kelix wrote: »
    I really don't think ecology is going to come up, based on how they've been with exams so far. I don't really want it to come up either.

The chances of it not coming up are slim to none.... So maybe give a glance over it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Tippgal93 wrote: »
    The chances of it not coming up are slim to none.... So maybe give a glance over it...

Even if you haven't studied it in depth, I would still do the question. In the last few years they've been putting on some common sense questions, which you would have been able to answer without knowing much about ecology at all. Besides that, definitions would be the main thing in that section.

My teacher told us they have to put up:
    1 Q from Unit 1
    2 Qs from Unit 2
    3 Qs from Unit 3

I'm DEPENDING on units 1 and 2!!! Will have to start revising u3 soon!! Methinks I'm not going to get any sleep tonight!!!

So if they don't put up ecology they have to put up food (which is a small chapter so I think it'll still be ecology!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

My teacher told us they have to put up:
    1 Q from Unit 1
    2 Qs from Unit 2
    3 Qs from Unit 3

I'm DEPENDING on units 1 and 2!!! Will have to start revising u3 soon!! Methinks I'm not going to get any sleep tonight!!!

So if they don't put up ecology they have to put up food (which is a small chapter so I think it'll still be ecology!!)

Yeah, I'd bet that ecology will be one of the long questions too. Has it ever been food? Food usually comes up as the first set of short questions.

• Advertisement

i'm alive and awake! :D
    whatche talking about!? ecology has to come up. :eek:

Advertisement