Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Ordinary Level Maths Paper 2...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mani09

Martin_94 wrote: »
    hmf300 wrote: »
    most did A in our school

I said A, it was a very stupid question, with a lot of the answers being subjective. It's maths, nothing should be subjective.
    I'm pretty sure it was A because its the only statement that was 100% right..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AK123

Ah we'll see in August :P

I must say that the project maths is just a waste of time tbh..

What did people get for the height of the cone q8 I got 10 but I think I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Karlnando

The answer was C for Q6 C(ii). It can't be A because the cars haven't suddenly become very popular over the last 2 years. There's only an increase of around 3,000 diesel cars sold in 2010 compared to the amount sold in 2009. Not exactly a huge jump :s

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

Mani09 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was A because its the only statement that was 100% right..

its not 100% right though because they havent "suddenly" become popular they were popular in 2006 aswell. E just made the most sense to me but it was a very bad question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

E says diesel cars have been getting less popular as the sales rise again . But as the sales rose the diesel cars doubled ( 30-60k )

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FifaClubs Conor

What did people get for the height of the cone q8 I got 10 but I think I'm wrong

got 12 for the full thing, 4 for top part.

Also for that diesel question i said that diesel cars were growing in popularity with a big increase in 2009, as i think the question was asking for it as a percent of total cars sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

Iony94 wrote: »
    E says diesel cars have been getting less popular as the sales rise again . But as the sales rose the diesel cars doubled ( 30-60k )

Crap. for some reason i happened to ignore the "less" part.

What did people get for simpsons rule question I got lyk 900 but I think I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stmacsmagician

Martin_94 wrote: »
    They decreased two of the years though.

but thats because the overall sale of cars decreased in those years. the still grew in popularity over them years compared to petrol cars :cool:

• Advertisement

What did people get for simpsons rule question I got lyk 900 but I think I'm wrong

i got 47cm or something like that..

Karlnando wrote: »
    The answer was C for Q6 C(ii). It can't be A because the cars haven't suddenly become very popular over the last 2 years. There's only an increase of around 3,000 diesel cars sold in 2010 compared to the amount sold in 2009. Not exactly a huge jump :s
    Huge jump ? It doesn't say huge jump... It just says that the sales of diesel cars have increased in the last year OR two

i got 47cm or something like that..
    I think u forgot the bottom part ... I got something lyk 470+400 = 970 because I used simpsons rule twice but I'm not sure

for th simpson rule i got like 4733 or something.. prob wrong :(

What's done is done now nothing we can do about it.. Irish and Bio next :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hotfuzz2

Don't know how yous can hack looking at this thread! I'd feel depressed from all the stuff I got wrong :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I put down A I just remembered I was thinking of putting E down too. Then I saw the less part instead of more so I'm not sure.

AK123 wrote: »
    Now I think ur right because 2 people out of my year got that

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

Is right ;) . 20/3(710)

Must be the only thing right on my paper :P

I think u forgot the bottom part ... I got something lyk 470+400 = 970 because I used simpsons rule twice but I'm not sure

i remember adding the two sides up and doing them as one!.. i changed it from mm to cm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yeah were you supposed to leave the Simpsons Rule one in millimetres?

yeh i got 47.33cm which is 4733mm.. think we are right;)

I did both sides different then I added them!

Also left it in mm :P

I think I did the area and volume wrong. I got like 9 for the cone :S.
    What's the "trapezoidal rule" it's on the simpsons rule question is that just a fancy word for simpsons rule I've only just noticed that word now.

anyway, no point mulling over it now. its all finished, no time to kick the ****e of biology tomorrow! ;)

I can tell biology will be a bitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

What's the "trapezoidal rule" it's on the simpsons rule question is that just a fancy word for simpsons rule I've only just noticed that word now.

It's a different rule completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

I did my LC 10 years ago and thought it was alright today.

Everyone is giving out about Q7, I didn't have time to do it and didn't want to go near it anyway!

In retrospect, reading this thread is the wrong thing to do, I was feeling great up until now!!! :(

• Advertisement

subz3r0 wrote: »
    It's a different rule completely.

Oh 'cause I just realised I used simpsons rule for that question I didn't really read the question I just saw the diagram and assumed it was the simpsons rule formula.

Advertisement