Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Ordinary Level Maths Paper 2...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

That paper wasn't bad i've done much better than i thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Paper 1 absolutely murdered me but Paper 2 was fantastic. :)

I did quite well in that, it's very frustrating knowing that Paper 1 will hurt my grade though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

That went so perfect although I think I messed up in area and volume as usual. Yes! I think this has just helped me pass maths!!! after the fail of the last paper. I've never enjoyed a maths exam so much. I answered everything apart from 5B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

That went so perfect although I think I messed up in area and volume as usual. Yes! I think this has just helped me pass maths!!! after the fail of the last paper. I've never enjoyed a maths exam so much. I answered everything apart from 5B.

I wouldn't go so far as using the word "enjoyed" but it was a great exam, in fairness. Tried everything but 5B as well.

A little worried about Q7, I forgot to change back to pen after drawing the graph so I'm a little concerned that the writing will fade. :o Otherwise I'm very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

I did the whole exam in pencil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 motorola1337

Everythign went well....until my compas broke and i couldnt finish part 5A....and had no clue how to do B...the question with the car sales was really stupid in my opinion...messed up there..probability was waaaaaay easier than i thought it would be, did well...area+volume and the trig question was pretty easy too.....

Was hoping for an A1/A2 after paper 1...would be happy with a B3 now since this paper was a complete disaster in my opinion.....hate this new project maths bullsh*t

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I wouldn't go so far as using the word "enjoyed" but it was a great exam, in fairness. Tried everything but 5B as well.

A little worried about Q7, I forgot to change back to pen after drawing the graph so I'm a little concerned that the writing will fade. :o Otherwise I'm very happy.

Aw I nearly did all mine in pencil at the start then I went over it in pen and rubbed it out. I only finished like when the time was up. I hope this has got me to a c3. I'm glad standard deviation didn't come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Everythign went well....until my compas broke and i couldnt finish part 5A....and had no clue how to do B...the question with the car sales was really stupid in my opinion...messed up there..probability was waaaaaay easier than i thought it would be, did well...area+volume and the trig question was pretty easy too.....

Was hoping for an A1/A2 after paper 1...would be happy with a B3 now since this paper was a complete disaster in my opinion.....hate this new project maths bullsh*t

How did you do the trig question, the one where you have to get the distance from O to B?
    Also anyone remember what the answer to the very last trig question was?

Raeone wrote: »
    How did you do the trig question, the one where you have to get the distance from O to B?
    Also anyone remember what the answer to the very last trig question was?

If it was the distance of the line on the bottom, you had to use cosine rule to get it...i named the line x and used the 8,9 and 60dg angle. If it was the line going from top to bottom and the very end, you had to find the scale factor of enlargement and go on from there

What was the question about a geometric thing or whatever where you had to write an explanation or say a word. I didn't have a clue and just wrote down converse at the last minute lol. Then the scalene triangle I just wrote a triangle which the sides are not equal :S.

I used to cosine on Q7 I can't remember which part though.
    I didn't do the enlargements wasn't sure what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

What was the total height of the wax candle?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

irishdub14 wrote: »
    What was the total height of the wax candle?

12 I think. 8 for the cylinder, 4 for the cone. At least, that's what I got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Beware wrote: »

Oh god. Ah well, feck it....

Same.. what did you get for the volume of the box then after?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

I actually didn't like it...thought I did waaay better on paper one...I just hate those english questions...It has more writing than actual maths on it...
    I found the englargement Q with finding the distance between O and B or something like that hard as well as the last part of the question..

I honestly don't remember :o . My memory is worse than a sieve. But I think it was around 160 pie. Don't quote me on that.

And IrishDub, don't worry, as long as you put something down you'll be fine :) .

I honestly don't remember :o . My memory is worse than a sieve. But I think it was around 160 pie. Don't quote me on that.

And IrishDub, don't worry, as long as you put something down you'll be fine :) .

Ah kk! I didn't get that.. I just multiplied 9X9X12!!

Ah kk! I didn't get that.. I just multiplied 9X9X12!!

I did something similar - just multiply a few numbers here and there, and then you have your answer! :D

i got 900 something i think ;D 972cm cubed ;DD although im pretty sure now its wrong -.-

i got 900 something i think ;D 972cm cubed ;DD although im pretty sure now its wrong -.-

Thats what I got!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Nitsuj

What the **** was that card question? As someone who doesn't play cards or has any knowledge, I just wrote down "I think it's unfair to ask a 'card question' when there's little to no mention of it in sample papers". ****ing assholes.

Is there actually any similar questions in sample papers? I didn't come across one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coffee123

Do they put maths paper 2 online anytime soon..wanna have a look through it to see if I got on ok????

I also had no idea about the questoin where it tells you to find the area of the circle and then use it to find the shaded area....should i just take pie as pie or use 22/7 or 3.14 ? I did it two ways (left pie as it is and used 3.14) and then wrote a note saying ''didnt know what to use for pie so did both ways''....will i still get the marks ?

@^ the card question was pretty stupid....never payed cards in my life but did reasonably well.. just needed common sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I also had no idea about the questoin where it tells you to find the area of the circle and then use it to find the shaded area....should i just take pie as pie or use 22/7 or 3.14 ? I did it two ways (left pie as it is and used 3.14) and then wrote a note saying ''didnt know what to use for pie so did both ways''....will i still get the marks ?

@^ the card question was pretty stupid....never payed cards in my life but did reasonably well.. just needed common sense

Just type pie into the calculator I think. Yeah for the cards one you had to know there are 3 picture cards which are clubs/spades what ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nayrneleh

A bit tricky at times but generally a handy paper. Not as easy as the mock though. Either way, I'm happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

coffee123 wrote: »
    Do they put maths paper 2 online anytime soon..wanna have a look through it to see if I got on ok????

Well they won't put up the marking scheme! :P Did you not get to bring the paper home with you?

Well they won't put up the marking scheme! :P Did you not get to bring the paper home with you?

Its the new project maths paper 2 this year....we have to write on the paper and then hand it back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Its the new project maths paper 2 this year....we have to write on the paper and then hand it back up

>_>

Back in my day...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

For the car question, did anyone else say that there were more cars sold in January because people wanted the new year number on their plate? Did any of you guys estimate that the 2012 annual total would be around 77,000?

Plus, what's a sincline Triangle...or whatever. Took me forever to get that question started. I ended up with FG being like in and around 12m. Might have been 11.8. I think I must have been doing it right because for the last part I got 11.5 or something which was close and less than the height restriction.

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »
    For the car question, did anyone else say that there were more cars sold in January because people wanted the new year number on their plate? Did any of you guys estimate that the 2012 annual total would be around 77,000?

Plus, what's a sincline Triangle...or whatever. Took me forever to get that question started. I ended up with FG being like in and around 12m. Might have been 11.8. I think I must have been doing it right because for the last part I got 11.5 or something which was close and less than the height restriction.

this makes me questin my answer because i got 9.85 =/

Advertisement