Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick diagnose

• 09-06-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey,

not sure if this is the right forum to post this but here goes.

Noticed this weird sorta boil thing on my dogs lower eyelid(picture attached).

Any ideas as to what it may be?

Thanks
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Looks like some sort of cyst this kind of thing is pretty common, might be best to take a trip to the vets to see if it is ok to leave it or if it needs removing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

+1 on the checking with a vet, people here can only guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Maybe clean it with cooled boiled water and tonight and see if it might help. Do you have any eye drops in the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

My dog had a similar growth on her eyelid. It was slowly getting bigger. The vet took it off as it would eventually scratch her eye. One little stitch on the outside and one disolvable one on the inside. She had to wear a collar for the 10 days as anytime i took it off she went straight to the eye with her paw.
    The vet was not concerned about it, it seems to be common enough.

Advertisement