Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Maths P2 Before/After

• 09-06-2012 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

Sure, seeing as we have paper 1 done...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Nice paper. Surprised they didn't ask us to do anything but draw Scatter Plots and Histograms but it was a nice flashback to my Junior Cert days.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Nice paper. Surprised they didn't ask us to do anything but draw Scatter Plots and Histograms but it was a nice flashback to my Junior Cert days.

..what? Either you're joking or I've missed paper 2.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Guys what did you get for the 6th question, (b) part?
    I just discussed the biases which can occur through simple random sampling and calculated the probability of them occurring

Definite A1.

reznov wrote: »
    I just discussed the biases which can occur through simple random sampling and calculated the probability of them occurring

Definite A1.

Exactly what I did. Also mentioned the importance of the clinometer in sampling for bonus points!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Definite A1.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlnqHjFHsettEVpzR6hmUP9R-aAK8N1QR4ik8XAETslwuJ1z0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Definite A1.

Well, I don't know what exam you did, but my 6B was a cut from the JC.... jeez like. No stats at all. Reznov=Definite A2

Exactly what I did. Also mentioned the importance of the clinometer in sampling for bonus points!

Ah crap I didn't emphasise the clinometer. Think I'll lose many marks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Definitely. They really like their clinometers.

(I've never seen one in my life though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

I hope a nice drawing question will come up. Are you guys gonna start with the last two questions worth 50% or at question 1?

I think that project Maths was a pleasant change from the mundane and repetitive algebraic equations in paper one. Man I wish I could go out and strata sample the population right now and maybe even find the mode of a categorical variable under inspection.

• Advertisement

I hope a nice drawing question will come up. Are you guys gonna start with the last two questions worth 50% or at question 1?

The paper was yesterday.
    Sorry bro.

I think the 2 worth 50 tbh. I ran out of time in the mocks on them. Might do the theorem first if it comes up as it'll be fresh in my head.

The paper was yesterday.
    Sorry bro.

Oh yea............I just forgot.

I think the 2 worth 50 tbh. I ran out of time in the mocks on them. Might do the theorem first if it comes up as it'll be fresh in my head.

Yea man exact same happened to me. Only got up to the first part of the last question done so I lost around 20% of the total marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lorrieq

Woah ****! Never knew that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Not even going near Q8 til the very end. I just cant do them. I got 6/75 in my mock and didnt even deserve those 6. So worrying...

I got 4/75 in one on my mock and spent about an hour on it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

Geometry <3

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Am I the only one who finds project maths better than the old course? I'm beginning to feel crazy :P

earwax_man wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds project maths better than the old course? I'm beginning to feel crazy :P

I love it too. It's so much easier than paper 1 I think and I like the kind of general knowledge aspect to it too. The only parts I don't like is when they ask you to explain something, I'm never sure how much to write.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

So there's literally no choice in the paper bar 6A and B, correct?

So there's literally no choice in the paper bar 6A and B, correct?

There may also be a 9A or 9B like on the 2010 project Maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

All the technical graphics rats are going to do real well in this project maths yoke

There's no 9A or 9B for us. 1-6 Short Questions and 7-8 Long

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

It better be a nice paper after yesterdays disaster :P

For my mock there was a question to draw two graphs side by side and I had only space to draw one because I scaled it wrongly.. Just wrote below my one graph that I didn't need to draw the other as you can see the information from the graph.. full marks hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I'm so worried! I need to do well in this paper, but I'm so much worse on it than paper 1. What would the essentials be? I know there's loadsa proofs, but I need to get the most marks I can in 2 days :/. Is focusing on geometry and trig worth it, as you can't really bull your way through it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Emz93

Does anybody know if Geometry can come up as one of the long questions? (7/8) Generally it seems, statistics, trig and bits of probability is what comes up in the long qs but better be safe than sorry! Planning on just learning the theorems off perfectly so 25 marks in the bag for Q6A!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

I reckon we all chill the fcuk out. Let come what comes

• Advertisement

Emz93 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Geometry can come up as one of the long questions? (7/8) Generally it seems, statistics, trig and bits of probability is what comes up in the long qs but better be safe than sorry! Planning on just learning the theorems off perfectly so 25 marks in the bag for Q6A!
    Yer man on the radio said Geometry had to be confined to question 6.

Advertisement