Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Maths P2 Before/After

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 patrickkelly

Do u think drawing them out would be accepted? it clearly shows 1 point of intersection, at (4,7)??? hope it will be accepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Do u think drawing them out would be accepted? it clearly shows 1 point of intersection, at (4,7)??? hope it will be accepted

I'd say if you drew it properly with correct scales you'd have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Did anyone else use tree diagram for the probability question? Dunno what got into me that I decided to use that and complicate things....
    **** my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Sample paper geometry questions were easy in comparison. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

It was most definitely a parallelogram. Just equate slopes.
    I misread the 15 degree construction. :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

For that parallelogram question I drew out one with ABCD. I said find distance AD and CD(sides), if they're equal it's a parallelogram. Is this how you wer meant to answer the question? My other two were measure angles, opposite ones equal, and measure the other sides(basically same as my first point :L)

Also how did everyone do the calculator battery question? Thought I was doing it right using empiracle rule, got wrong answers though

Hayezer wrote: »
    Also how did everyone do the calculator battery question? Thought I was doing it right using empiracle rule, got wrong answers though

I got (19.75<X<20.25) using standardising formula and log tables which gave the prob of not being rejected and then subtracted that from 1.Then did the same for part 2 but with the new mean.. and my % increase was like 27% or so.. Would love some solutions lads :P

I got (19.75<X<20.25) using standardising formula and log tables which gave the prob of not being rejected and then subtracted that from 1.Then did the same for part 2 but with the new mean.. and my % increase was like 27% or so.. Would love some solutions lads :P

Omg seems so simple now :L :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 patrickkelly

did u get the original amount rejected to be 62?
    and once the machine had a fault, i found the next figure to be 120.5? so dr was about a 94 percentage increase? Im more then likely totally wrong here?

• Advertisement

and once the machine had a fault, i found the next figure to be 120.5? so dr was about a 94 percentage increase? Im more then likely totally wrong here?

I got 124 or 134 for the first part which a few people agreed with, but then again a few got 32 so who knows :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Got 62 for the first part but I think I made a mistake in my second part but I know a few who got a 94% increase so you could be right. Defo got 62 for the first part.

How long did it take them to upload Maths p1?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

what in under god was 8 b,c or d about? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Damogib

Did anybody work out k in question 3 ? I tried a load of methods but just couldn't work it out. Also i got 124 in part (i) on question 5 and a 84% increase

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Theorems

I failed, miserably. Where the hell were the graphs/correlation coefficient/ general form.. :( I was banking on 25 marks for the graphs

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I thought that paper was great, far better than the project maths paper one anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Ugghhh horrible. I definitely passed it but I'll be lucky to even get a C overall now. That robotic arm question killed me, I couldn't even get the first part. But I know that even if I had, I wouldn't have been able to do the rest - it was just too much like physics or something, wouldn't have been able to visualise it.

I think I did quite well on the long probability/stats Q though. Messed up the second part of the short one with the batteries though.

For the parallelogram I said "Opposite sides are equal in measure" "Opposite angles are equal in measure" "A diagonal line bisects it into two equal triangles." And then for the determine part I just plotted the vertices, drew the parallelogram and measured the sides with my ruler. Would that be okay? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

Got K=1 for the question 3. Did it with 3 different methods and still couldn't get a value greater than 1. I know it said k is greater than 1 but I just couldn't get it. Anyone get a proper value?

Oh and I was told that the 5% significance level thing was deferred!

• Advertisement

ei.sderob wrote: »
    Got K=1 for the question 3. Did it with 3 different methods and still couldn't get a value greater than 1. I know it said k is greater than 1 but I just couldn't get it. Anyone get a proper value?

Nobody seems to have been able to get it, so I'm hoping it will be marked very nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

I think I failed that. :(

Nobody seems to have been able to get it, so I'm hoping it will be marked very nicely :)

Even though it said K>1 I'm almost positive my method was right. Got what was the assumption ye gave for the Bernoulli Trial?

ei.sderob wrote: »
    Even though it said K>1 I'm almost positive my method was right. Got what was the assumption ye gave for the Bernoulli Trial?

That each trial was independent, as in the fact that a previous shot missed or hit had no impact on subsequent ones.

And what method did you use? I tried using slopes, gfc and towards the end I tried using pythag on the triangle and SOHCAHTOA :S ****ing tough question

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭emmamurphy233

K was four. I'm almost 100% sure.

K was four. I'm almost 100% sure.

How'd you do it?? I'm dying to know

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

hamal wrote: »
    Honestly dont think it was too bad.. couldnt get the circle question, q3.. got the first part of 8 and then bull****ted the rest..
    overall not too bad, although i am only lookin for a high c:)
    Exact same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I can't believe I spent the last 2 years working my arse off for honors maths AND THEY ASKED ME ABOUT A PARALLELOGRAM.

Anywho, I'm pretty sure that went really well. Just there was an awful lot of writing, I'm not sure if I got my point across well in question 8. Interesting question though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

I have to say, that wasn't all that bad.. I thought it would be a lot worse.. Q8(c) was hard, and it took me like 30 minutes to figure out that in Q2, circle 2 was completely inside circle 1.. and i think i got 3.66 for k? Not confident with it though :(

Advertisement