Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Maths P2 Before/After

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

finality wrote: »
    This is exactly how I feel. I'm pretty sure I got a B1, even if I see 7A1's and that B1 on my results sheet I'll be fairly gutted.
    Don't be ridiculous! It's one exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

This is exactly how I feel. I'm pretty sure I got a B1, even if I see 7A1's and that B1 on my results sheet I'll be fairly gutted.

Are you serious? Get over it if your gettin 7A1's you shouldnt care good god, be gutted if you miss your course by 5 points not getting a B1 in maths which is the equivalent of 110 points! I'd get absolutely mouldy if i got 7 A1's!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I'm sure for even attempting it we'll get like 8% of it, or maybe more *fingers crossed*

Maths was one of the only subjects I wanted an A in.

Not to sound bad or anything, I'd rather get an A1 in maths and have gotten B's and C's in the rest to have gotten 7A1'S and an A2 in maths... It's the principle in it.. :/

I'm glad someone understands! It's the principle in it. If I want to do maths in college I'll be embarrassed by my result if I don't get an a1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

hamal wrote: »
    Are you serious? Get over it if your gettin 7A1's you shouldnt care good god, be gutted if you miss your course by 5 points not getting a B1 in maths which is the equivalent of 110 points! I'd get absolutely mouldy if i got 7 A1's!:D

Oh no, god, I'm not actually going to get 7 A1's! I'm just saying even if I did I'd be disappointed with maths as it's my favourite subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mwalimu

mathstalk wrote: »
    No, I got something like this:
    zBTuw.jpg

I used GeoGebra to get the following (I know, you couldn't do that in the exam!):

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Why is there the half semi circle on the left hand side missing? I might be missing something when I'm thinking about it but I can't see an explanation for that yet? =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

For people wondering what question 8 was from, it's just like what you'd get in the Dynamic Mechanisms section in DCG (or Tech Drawing). We have to draw things rotating like that (plot the path of certain point on the shape as it rotates), except there's usually a bit more going on than just an arm!

I think I'm one of the only ones happy enough with that question, even though I got the angles wrong (one of them anyway) and didn't get the graph 100% right when I really should've seeing as I do DCG! Suited me perfectly though, I think I got 95+ in Mechanics and Space Relations in the DATs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

I thought that it was an alright paper bar Q3 and Q8. I know they're trying to get you to apply your mathematical knowledge with project maths but I though it was just a bit unfair tbh! Still hopeful for a high C/low B though!

Advertisement