Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Maths P2 Before/After

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

That was unpleasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Lovely paper I think

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

Lovely paper I think
    Easy prob and stats hard last trig question i found

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭montown

that was absolutely horrific. really couldnt have gone much worse than it did, i am beyond annoyed, nothing like the sample papers at all, was so happy with how paper 1 went and now that paper will ruin my grade. burn in hell project maths you c**t!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 barryprp

that was disgusting...think i failed that paper and i was hoping for a b3 in maths!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

For that batteries question what did you's get for part i.

Pretty sure I got it wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

That couldn't have gone any better I'm so delighted, it was all common sense and Jonior cert maths, I'm so happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

ugh god that went so badly, that's going to bring me down to a ****ing B. Absolutely panicked and couldn't concentrate in the exam, ****ed up 3 or 4 questions including one of the 75 markers. I'd be lucky to get a B1 at this stage.

I honestly don't see how half of that is justified as maths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Very unbalanced difficulty of questions.
    Some parts handy, others not at all.

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »

here here!..got absolutely screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

Honestly dont think it was too bad.. couldnt get the circle question, q3.. got the first part of 8 and then bull****ted the rest..
    overall not too bad, although i am only lookin for a high c:)

M&S* wrote: »

Agreed. In the first section of section 2 I thought I somehow arrived into a business exam

For the question on the 60 degree angle. I just bisected the 60 degree angle twice to get the 15 degree one. Is that alright?

finality wrote: »
    ugh god that went so badly, that's going to bring me down to a ****ing B. Absolutely panicked and couldn't concentrate in the exam, ****ed up 3 or 4 questions including one of the 75 markers. I'd be lucky to get a B1 at this stage.

Don't be upset finality! :)

We're all in this **** together, I think that is the only thought which keeps me mentally sane at this stage.

Btw who enjoyed doing the 5% confidence interval instead of the 95%? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

21853112.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 delank1

For that batteries question what did you's get for part i.

Pretty sure I got it wrong
    Think I got 265 for part 1. What did others get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Smiley Dave

delank1 wrote: »

I got 62 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

134 or something near that

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

am i the only one who was told that hypothesis testing and confidence intervals wouldn't be examined for the next years??
    that went horribly. english, maths and business exam into one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

25 marks for drawing two tringles it was so handy. and then 50 marks for working out precentages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zachdiebold

For the question on the 60 degree angle. I just bisected the 60 degree angle twice to get the 15 degree one. Is that alright?

That's exactly what I did

I got 62 for it.
    ya same im sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭WestIRL

Q8 was brutal although I did get the first part (don't worry guys it'll get us the most marks!) The rest was simple and easy parts of the course.

Although guys what did you get for Q3 as k? I used perpendicular distance which will get me attempt marks and then subbed g in for f (touch both tangents) and got two simultaneous equations which I then used to equate k with other coeffeciants and got K=1 and K=root2. Since it had to be greater than one I picked root2.

Although it doesn't make sense because the other tangent with K is higher up and should of had a constant greater than 2 which was the constant of the other one....

Could anyone tell me what's the answer or If I'll get attempt marks (High/low) partial credit.....

Some parts were so easy. Difficult to even imagine honours. Others were very obscure and vague.

Cut the Bull**** SEC, give us back the old P2.

I presume my 2.4 was wrong then. :D

Agreed. In the first section of section 2 I thought I somehow arrived into a business exam
    It was anything but maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I got 62 for it.

I got 62 as well :/

WHAT was that? I was nearly in tears sitting in that room. Nothing like the sample papers, who said Project maths is easier?! The old paper 2 was lovely in comparison to this. Why am I even repeating? :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

134 or something near that

I got 124?

• Advertisement

WestIRL wrote: »
    Q8 was brutal although I did get the first part (don't worry guys it'll get us the most marks!) The rest was simple and easy parts of the course.

Although guys what did you get for Q3 as k? I used perpendicular distance which will get me attempt marks and then subbed g in for f (touch both tangents) and got two simultaneous equations which I then used to equate k with other coeffeciants and got K=1 and K=root2. Since it had to be greater than one I picked root2.

Although it doesn't make sense because the other tangent with K is higher up and should of had a constant greater than 2 which was the constant of the other one....

Could anyone tell me what's the answer or If I'll get attempt marks (High/low) partial credit.....

I let y=0 and for one and x=0 for the other.

I then got the perpendicular distance from those points to the line opposite and used simultaneous equations

Got k=1.

Not sure if its right though

Advertisement