Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would It be better to buy from Hardwareversand?

Options
  • 09-06-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone.

As I'm hoping to build a new computer in the next couple of weeks, I've been looking around for the best possible deals I can find. After having looked through a couple of threads, I've noticed that you guys seem to use Hardwareversand a lot. I've never heard of the site before but the prices seem pretty reasonable.

You see, I live up North but I work down South, so I'm often affected by the exchange rate. Seeing that the rate hasn't been particularly great in the last few months, I've decided to give a Euro site a go.

So, does the site catch you out much with the Delivery Rates or VAT? If so, would I be better off just exchanging my Euros to Sterling and buying from a UK site?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Delivery is €18.99 flat
    Vat is included in price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

NTMK wrote: »
    Delivery is €18.99 flat
    Vat is included in price

I'd assume that's for individual items? I'm not going to save money by purchasing everything at the same time? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I'd assume that's for individual items? I'm not going to save money by purchasing everything at the same time? :D

no i think it 18.99 for the whole order so youre better off ordering in one go as different orders would result in multiple shipping costs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Nope, 18.99 no matter how much you order. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

That's great! Thanks to both of you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hansanter

Hey All.

By taking a gander around here I discovered the Hardwareversand.de website. The prices look comparatively good etc. So I filled my basket with €1200 worth of stuff. I'm ready to order but I can't find any of the usual payment and condition stuff in english.... Does anybody know if that info is available in english on the website ? If so I'd appreciate a link.

For folks who order regularly from there... How long does an order generally take to deliver to Dublin ?
    Do they do a money transfer job from the bank ? or what's the best way to pay ? Are they OK in case of a return ?

Thanks for any info.

H./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Hansanter wrote: »
    Hey All.

By taking a gander around here I discovered the Hardwareversand.de website. The prices look comparatively good etc. So I filled my basket with €1200 worth of stuff. I'm ready to order but I can't find any of the usual payment and condition stuff in english.... Does anybody know if that info is available in english on the website ? If so I'd appreciate a link.

For folks who order regularly from there... How long does an order generally take to deliver to Dublin ?
    Do they do a money transfer job from the bank ? or what's the best way to pay ? Are they OK in case of a return ?

Thanks for any info.

H./

Reading this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056548358
    should answer most of your questoins.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hansanter

Excellent, thanks much Oshead.

H./

Advertisement