Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Olde Bakery Market, Wellington Road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Locals Guide To Cork

A big thumbs up from our start-off guide here at Locals Guide To Cork for The Old Bakery Market, Cork.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/localsguide.tocork

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

Thanks for that. The link you gave didnt appear to work however I got it under

https://www.facebook.com/localsguide.tocork?sk=wall
    I was really wondering about dropping in there for a glass of wine in the courtyard with a nibble or two - or did I just imagine reading that?
    Is anyone able to enlighten me?
    TIA
    G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

I was there on both saturdays. First time i was just looking around in hurry, second time i opted for coffee and cake.
    Also bought eggs from some teenager who's been growing chicken since 10 years old as his hobby. Must say- very awsome eggs. The kind that u only get from free range homegrown chicken. Made nice brekkie on sunday:)

The market is quite small, but it has potential. I think that i also opt for a cuppa there before heading to town on next saturday.
    So overall the impression is good.

You can get wine, nibbles, little meal (different interesting choices from few stalls), coffee, tea, cakes and enjoy them there sitting down. The place where chairs-tables are might be unnoticable at first, so u might need to ask people where they are. Nice and in shade.

Also- i expected prices to be mad, but was pleasantly suprised that you can get quality bakery for example for a very decent price.
    Drop by if have time, i think its worth going there, but dont expect huge market.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

Thanks Kart. That sounds like the perfect place to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tonykk3

hey

called in to the above last Friday by chance and was really impressed with the nice people.....video enclosed ...if it works here ....with people talking about their words and Jack Healy O'Conner saying a few words ...nice idea about rickshaws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_bEHSIPy3M

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 tonykk3

WARES I meant not words!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Jaysus thats a lovely market you have up there Jack(or I mean Tony):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I ain't a fan of shilling but I've been to the market myself a few times and really like the environment, atmosphere and products available. However, it does seem to be quite exposed so I'd be interested to know how well sheltered it actually is on a wet day or how cold it'll get during the winter months if open then. There's a guy there selling brownies, cakes and pies (Insert person's name here)'s Kitchen. Best brownies I've ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

This sounds interesting..Sorry for being dim i might have skimmed over it but what are the opening times for it..would love to take a trip this weekend to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Milly33 wrote: »
    This sounds interesting..Sorry for being dim i might have skimmed over it but what are the opening times for it..would love to take a trip this weekend to check it out
    I'm not exactly sure but I think that it's Friday evenings from 6 PM and on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 AM. I don't know when the closing time is but I've seen it still open as late as 8 PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Great stuff thank you might make it this weekend

Advertisement