Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL FRENCH...Before/After**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Well to get the full marks you should learn off some of the key phrases
    i think this site is good ,
    http://www.francais.ie/leaving_cert/writing/essay_writing/
    once you stick a few in your essay say one for the opening , your opinion and a solution you should be fine!
    thats true less room to make mistakes. I wouldn't worry to much anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

quick question please answer,you know in the section 2 written production, i know you must do q1 but can you do the next two as in q2a and q2b or does it have to be one from 2 then one from either 3 or 4 ???? please just gettin worried now !!

amyleaving wrote: »
    Definitely fine! you only need to get the 75-90 to get full marks also i have been told by teachers if you write too much they stop correcting , that could cut out your ending and you can lose marks so don't write too much!

i dont think that is enogh to get high marks... Carinne Gavenda on rte countdown to 606 said should be about 100-125 and that you will never be penalised for excess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

You can't do 2A and 2B, same goes for questions 3 and 4. Do question 1, then one from 2, 3 or 4, and another from 2, 3 or 4, excluding the one you've already answered from!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I've: Road accidents, racism, third world (famine), environment, drugs and emigration covered.. will that do?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i've nothing covered. fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I can barely speak French, I'm starting to think that it shall not be grand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paaula

imelle wrote: »
    i've nothing covered. fecked.

same here, just hoping for a pass :(

Togepi wrote: »
    You can't do 2A and 2B, same goes for questions 3 and 4. Do question 1, then one from 2, 3 or 4, and another from 2, 3 or 4, excluding the one you've already answered from!

phew thanks i reli thouyght i cud do whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Ive just gone over poverty in the 3rd world. the homeless. drugs. obesity, the media and youth, emigration, unemployement.
    I really have like 2-3 sentences on each.
    I have 2 seperate layouts that I can slot the points into and that's my 75/90 words. :)

Its not the worse.

Also. does anybody know if there;s extra paper to plan our answers? Either on the paper or that we can ask for. I reaaallly need to plan before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Je dois faire mes études mais je suis mort de fatigue. Quel dliemme :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

i've actually got nothing covered and i'm looking for an a. ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laura.12

Hoping for drugs in sport, the environment, television or the olympics! :p

I am getting scared. I don't want to fail, if I fail I don't go to college. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laura.12

if the olympics came up lads, wat wud the question be like..? cause it wud hardly just be, "wat is your opinion about the olympics?"

Im thinking that it would be something to do with the use of drugs in the olympics or something along those lines...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

i've actually got nothing covered and i'm looking for an a. ffs

Moi de plus :/
    I feel an all-nighter coming on...
    Tried to do one last night for biology but my twenty minute power nap somehow lasted seven hours :( whyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

What I have heard from a reliable source (one speculated to have inside knowledge) is:
    Sport (everything including drugs and olympics), racism, animal cruelty, the death penalty, violence on tv/video games and a diary entry on your 18th birthday. I

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

I think french will be grand... Im really hoping the essay titles are easy to work with tho cos thats where I will fall down if not... :/
    Havent looked over any essays but I'm rather good at french so think Ill just get up at 6 and go over key phrases!
    Journal intime's grand.. listening will be hopefully okay! comprehensions better be doable :P

looking for an A... yet I study last minute... lol

Anyone else going for a study late into the night job?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

smithy77 wrote: »
    Anyone else going for a study late into the night job?:p

Is there any other kind? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Togepi wrote: »

It's ok to do extra, right?

I'd love some emigration, discrimination etc but the questions are so fcuking awkward some years, and this could be one of those years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Bonne Chance à tout le monde!

Don't be panicking - highly unlikely to get emigration - poverty more likey.

Some people have been incredibly kind putting up their sample ansers - but don't panic, you DO NOT need that standard of French - simple, correct French with a few "classy" expressions thrown in is way more effective. Trust me - I examine the LC!

Stay calm, believe in yourselves. KEEP IT SIMPLE and refer to EVERYTHING in the question asked, even if very briefly

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

fecked.

Tonight I'm captain cram of the hms predictions

Just crammed in 3-4 sentences about road accidents, racism, violence, drugs in sport and third world.. Got a few useful expressions learnt aswell. Going 2 wake up at 7 and study bit about the environment and hopefully that'll do:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Last minute question! I've written in my notes for formal letters "je vous envoyer...". Should it not be "je vous envoie..."? I have a couple of mistakes in these notes as they're from the start of the year, so I'm fairly sure that's wrong. Edit: It's je vous envoie.
    Namlub wrote: »
    It's ok to do extra, right?

I'd love some emigration, discrimination etc but the questions are so fcuking awkward some years, and this could be one of those years...

Yeah you can do extra they'll just mark your best ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Nice essay titles but the Aural was a load of hydraulics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Nice essay titles but the Aural was a load of hydraulics
    . Ya the essays were lovely but the aural was a tad hard. I seemed to be the only person in my school who did 1b obligatory question!

That aural was very difficult but other than that it was a nice paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

RedTexan wrote: »
    What I have heard from a reliable source (one speculated to have inside knowledge) is:
    Sport (everything including drugs and olympics), racism, animal cruelty, the death penalty, violence on tv/video games and a diary entry on your 18th birthday. I

Considering NONE of those topics came up I'd say you did very well..

Grand paper I think. Comprehensions were brilliant, writing topics were manageable and despite some tricky questions in the Aural (question 3 :/) it was good overall.

So happy with it, hopefully I can get my B1 and if I'm reallyreallyreallyreally lucky an A :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭michaelm82803

Tough enough comprehensions imo. The aural, too, was difficult! There was an echo in the room and i got Q1 part b of section A wrong because i wasn't used to the it... sickened!

Advertisement