Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL FRENCH...Before/After**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Considering NONE of those topics came up I'd say you did very well..

Grand paper I think. Comprehensions were brilliant, writing topics were manageable and despite some tricky questions in the Aural (question 3 :/) it was good overall.

So happy with it, hopefully I can get my B1 and if I'm reallyreallyreallyreally lucky an A :pac:

For the comprehensions what did u get for the multiple choice questions?
    i got C for 1 and D for the other, think the first one was wrong :/

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

For the comprehensions what did u get for the multiple choice questions?
    i got C for 1 and D for the other, think the first one was wrong :/

I think I put A for the first one but I'm not 100% sure.. I did put D for the second one though and I'm nearly sure it's right. :)

I was so happy when I saw "find a possessive adjective" and a conditional verb, so easy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jan_Itor

Considering NONE of those topics came up I'd say you did very well.
    Diary on 18th birthday came up on ordinary level paper! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

what did everyone get for the weather in the aural?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

irishdub14 wrote: »

Something about wind.

I just said windy because I wasn't sure what the other word was so I'd say I'll only get half marks for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

think i'm happy enough with it, might just scrape my b3, parts were grand and parts weren't but overall happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭IRA 1916

irishdub14 wrote: »

A weak wind. I thought the aural was relatively easy tbh, better than any I've done before. I thought it was a grand paper overall but not sure how I did on the comprehensions

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

for the weather thing i said windy, then crossed it out and said a nice breeze. should have left windy -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

reading comps were actually good! the written questions were a bit waffly for me though. listening was hard in places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Lovely written paper, aural a bit hard and fuzzy sounding . . . :(

Comprehensions were grand, best literary one in a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Reading comprehensions weren't that bad. I hope I did well but I don't trust my french, I think I had a few spelling mistakes. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Got my possessive adjective wrong. *facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

How easy was that?! :D The comprehensions were simple enough and the writing parts were very manageable. The aural was ok really :/ I think I might have scraped a B3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Glad French was a nice paper for ye. :) I hope German is as nice for us on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I actually really liked that Paper! The first comprehension especially was a breeze! I got Multiple Choice (C).

I thought the 2nd one was harder, but it was grand! Got multiple choice (D)

Did written Questions 1(A), 2(A), 3(A). I <3'd them all! Especially Q.1(A), I wrote about how Improvements in Technology/Internet, The Education system and Facilities for Young people! <3:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Comprehensions were nice, I should've gotten at least 105/120. (I answered (d) for the multiple choice in the second one and I think (b) for the first, but the first was really hard.)

I did Q1 (b) - bit risky because I never do descriptive essays, like ever, but I got to show off my past tenses and used a couple of others through dialogue too. :D

For the first choice question I did Q2 (a) - had to leave it because I was running out of time, but I signed it off in at the end. It was a little shorter than I would've liked (around 170 words I'd say) but still wrote plenty so hopefully it was grand.

Then I did 3 (a) about the concerts - that went well, got a bit in about happiness and health and alcohol plus a subjunctive so it was alright.

The aural was grand I thought, I got the one about the man's stupid excuse for speeding wrong, but might get a mark for my answer, and there were one or two others I'm not sure of but I should've gotten 90% of the stuff right.

Still think I'm in with a shot for the A because my oral went well too (should've gotten an A1 in it) but it's hard to tell. Wasn't too happy with the paper because there were no nice opinion questions, but overall it was actually a lovely paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

The weather answer was

sunny spells for the rest of the day with a light/weak wind blowing in the afternoon. i put it all down cause you know how fussy they are.

I'm almost 100% the multiple choice answers were A and D for the comprehensions.

Togepi wrote: »
    Comprehensions were nice, I should've gotten at least 105/120. (I answered (d) for the multiple choice in the second one and I think (b) for the first, but the first was really hard.)

I did Q1 (b) - bit risky because I never do descriptive essays, like ever, but I got to show off my past tenses and used a couple of others through dialogue too. :D

For the first choice question I did Q2 (a) - had to leave it because I was running out of time, but I signed it off in at the end. It was a little shorter than I would've liked (around 170 words I'd say) but still wrote plenty so hopefully it was grand.

Then I did 3 (a) about the concerts - that went well, got a bit in about happiness and health and alcohol plus a subjunctive so it was alright.

The aural was grand I thought, I got the one about the man's stupid excuse for speeding wrong, but might get a mark for my answer, and there were one or two others I'm not sure of but I should've gotten 90% of the stuff right.

Still think I'm in with a shot for the A because my oral went well too (should've gotten an A1 in it) but it's hard to tell. Wasn't too happy with the paper because there were no nice opinion questions, but overall it was actually a lovely paper.
    I got that the man was speeding because he had frozen food in the boot/trunk? :P Is this wrong? :L

I got that the man was speeding because he had frozen food in the boot/trunk? :P Is this wrong? :L

No that's right. Makes sense too. I said he had ______ food in the press. :rolleyes: Thought it might be hot food or cooking food left on at home or something. What was the word for frozen? :confused:
    ChemHickey wrote: »
    The weather answer was

sunny spells for the rest of the day with a light/weak wind blowing in the afternoon. i put it all down cause you know how fussy they are.

I'm almost 100% the multiple choice answers were A and D for the comprehensions.

The answer was just "a weak wind". They only asked about the afternoon specifically, so you probably shouldn't overwrite for it, but seeing as you said it was in the afternoon you'll probably get your marks.

Why was the first parent in the aural worried about his son? Was he going out every week without saying why? That's what I said, other people said he was havin' naggins. :pac: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

i think the q was just what was the weather like in the afternoon?

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »
    No that's right. Makes sense too. I said he had ______ food in the press. :rolleyes: Thought it might be hot food or cooking food left on at home or something. What was the word for frozen?

Yeeeeeehhh. Guessed it tbh! I heard food and trunk and just assumed that it was frozen food! :L Lovely! :D

Does anyone know what the Answer to Section II was? About the vodka? And also was it South Africa they visited?

There was vodka?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Do you know for the written pieces, will they be looking at the French or what reasons you gave and cut marks because those resasons were wrong? :p

Does anyone know what the Answer to Section II was? About the vodka? And also was it South Africa they visited?

Yeah it was South Africa. I heard nothing about vodka, but loads of people said they got that. I said he was going out (thought I heard the word "sort") and not saying why. Hopefully there's two possible answers for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I said he drinks vodka in bed

Just heard vodka and lit

Chuchoter wrote: »
    There was vodka?
    Yeah there was! I nearly pissed myself when I heard it! :D..

I said his daughter found Vodka belonging to him.. :L

I got something like he was asking for E100 every week and not explaining why but I couldn't really hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Wkds

The weather answer was

I'm fairly sure that they are. The second one is definitely D anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

The answer to the vodka q was that the father was worried because the son knows the price of a litre of vodka, funny I know but I'm almost sure that was the answer!

Really liked the paper, I think it was easier than any past one that has came up, both the aural and the comprehensions! Written part wasn't too difficult either, I did 1(a) the diary and the question about holidaying in Ireland. They were probably the most popular though so that will make it difficult to score high I'd say.

• Advertisement

Wkds wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that they are. The second one is definitely D anyway
    Awwh. I got C+D :(

Advertisement