Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL FRENCH...Before/After**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Do you know for the written pieces, will they be looking at the French or what reasons you gave and cut marks because those resasons were wrong? :p

50% of the marks go for your language. (How accurate your grammar was and how lovely your French was. :P)

50% go for communication. (They're easier marks to get, all to do with purpose and how well you got your points across.)
    Awwh. I got C+D

(d) is right. I don't know about (c), but not many people at all got the multiple choice in the first one right, so they'll probably do the usual rearranging of the entire marking scheme (which they've only brought in in the past couple of years) and only give 1 or 2 marks for it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Togepi wrote: »

50% of the marks go for your language. (How accurate your grammar was and how lovely your French was. :P)

50% go for communication. (They're easier marks to get, all to do with purpose and how well you got your points across.)

Right, thank you. :)

So if I said young people have a reason to be happy because of job opportunities and security (even though I know it's recession time), I won't lose marks will I?

How I would love an A2 in French but I'm not getting that. I just hope I don't go down from last year's B1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Wkds wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that they are. The second one is definitely D anyway

I am at a 95% confidence level.

Yes I said both for the weather as the rest of the day includes the afternoon so I was thinking they were going to put it in for a reason.. I shouldn't lose marks hopefully! :L

I really enjoyed the written part... My 1b was about my friend telling me she was in love, I was shocked as she said love was mumbojumbo and she'd never be interessed in it. I said I had to meety her to discuss this problem. (I had strong feelings for her-aside) I arrived at her house, shivering with nerves...sweating...She welcomed me in...hugged me...I also said out of nowwhere " I love you"
    She stopped
    Looked at me
    Hugged me
    I was petrified.... I could hear a big noise... A new dog? She showed me her new dog that she feel in love with...

ZUT ALORSS! i said

She laughed...

It was so much fun writing in that french exam,, :L

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Right, thank you. :)

So if I said young people have a reason to be happy because of job opportunities and security (even though I know it's recession time), I won't lose marks will I?

How I would love an A2 in French but I'm not getting that. I just hope I don't go down from last year's B1.

No you shouldn't lose any communication marks for that, it's completely on topic even though it's not really true! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

That had to be the dossiest exam EVER. Peace of piss tbh. :)

And now I'm basically finished, yesssss :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

I think the answer in the aural for the question about Serge's worry was that he found a litre of vodka in his sons room.

No you shouldn't lose any communication marks for that, it's completely on topic even though it's not really true! :P

*phew* thanks :D
    Dunno why I wrote that but it's done now anyway.

What did ye get for the cocaine question and the where did he jump from question in the last section of listening?

Also, I said windy for the weather, would that get me some marks?

ChemHickey wrote: »
    The weather answer was

sunny spells for the rest of the day with a light/weak wind blowing in the afternoon. i put it all down cause you know how fussy they are.

I'm almost 100% the multiple choice answers were A and D for the comprehensions.

I got A and D aswell.

But I said cold for the weather .. :L
    I knew it wasn't right but I couldnt make out any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

I got a and d in the reading comps.

For listening section 5 I got windy, 340 grams, 29 storey building and broken back.

I hope to god he broke his back :L

17Dan21 wrote: »
    I think the answer in the aural for the question about Serge's worry was that he found a litre of vodka in his sons room.

I said a bottle of vodka under his bed.
    A few people have said he knows the price of a bottle of vodka.
    Was the other one he leaves without an explanation or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

All I can remember is that I kept putting C down for the first comprehension but after much debate with myself put down D :P
    so I think, D+D? Also that test was grand! except I used devait instead of devrait like 50 bajillion times (lets hope im wrong however) and listening was abit dodgy...

A2... I beg of you...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

biohaiid wrote: »
    I said a bottle of vodka under his bed.
    A few people have said he knows the price of a bottle of vodka.
    Was the other one he leaves without an explanation or something?

I just said that he goes to his room and slams the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

what did ye get for that q that said what phrase shows his parents are privé??

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭montown

fairly certain the multiple choice in the comprehensions were a and d aswel. had the second one down first but then realised it said better transport, when in actual fact it was cheaper transport he was looking for.

the listening went well aswel i thought, delighted i got the one about frozen food in the boot :D what was the second reason the girl didnt want to do medicine? i got she didnt think she had the qualities of a doctor but just guessed the second and said she didnt want to have to study that much?

Ah jesus I messed up so bad on the aural.. I didnt get over half the things right, just reading what all ye put down :/
    I didnt even hear vodka! I just said he is worried about his son because when he tried to talk to him he always goes to his room -____- and that he's always out every week.
    grrr.

17Dan21 wrote: »
    I just said that he goes to his room and slams the door...

Yeah I got that for the 1st question, but the one after that was something about vodka.

I can think of two mistakes I made in the comprehensions already, fml. :/

The last part of the listening was:

1. A weak wind.

2. 340 grams.

3. (i) From the 29th storey of an appartment block.
    (ii) He seriously injured his back. (You'd probably get 1 mark for saying he broke his back, they're picky like that. Last year I wrote "smoker" and the answer was "smoke". I lost 1 or 2 marks out of the 2 for that one letter!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

123 LC wrote: »
    what did ye get for that q that said what phrase shows his parents are privé??

I got mine from near the end of the comprehension, I think it was about how the guy Xavier asked why they were allowed buy a house young and they didn't want him to, I wrote something about them going into their room when he asked the question? :confused: I actually can't remember!
    montown wrote: »

the listening went well aswel i thought, delighted i got the one about frozen food in the boot :D what was the second reason the girl didnt want to do medicine? i got she didnt think she had the qualities of a doctor but just guessed the second and said she didnt want to have to study that much?

I said she didn't have the right qualities and that she hated Science? Made the Science one up though!

The reasons she didn't want medicine were she didn't want to go to university (I think) and she didn't have the necessary qualities to succeed in that subject.

• Advertisement

I put down 340... scribbled it out.. wrote down 300.....
    fml I needed that hight grade in french!

what percent is the aural from the whole exam? 33%?

1. A weak wind.

2. 340 grams.

(ii) He seriously injured his back. (You'd probably get 1 mark for saying he broke his back, they're picky like that. Last year I wrote "smoker" and the answer was "smoke". I lost 1 or 2 marks out of the 2 for that one letter!)
    I got 6/8 in this section anyway! Woooooo

I put down 340... scribbled it out.. wrote down 300.....
    fml I needed that hight grade in french!

what percent is the aural from the whole exam? 33%?
    25%

25%

That's the oral! The aural is 20%. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

oral - 25
    comprehensions - 30
    written - 25
    aural - 20

I was hoping for a B2, but I was adding up my percentages there and I think I may be on to an A2.
    This day gets better and better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

That's the oral! The aural is 20%. :P

20% for ordinary and 25% for honours

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

1. A weak wind.

2. 340 grams.

would any mention of the word weak get marks? also what about just from a building?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

20% for ordinary and 25% for honours

no its 20% for honours, 80 marks out of 400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Did anybody do the reaction piece based on the girls opinion that there are too many sports related programmes and that she find them boring? Would it have been ok to go against her statement and argue why they are a good thing ?

Advertisement