Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

htc locations on titan, license about to run out?

Options
  • 09-06-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Getting this on start up on HTC locations "certain licenses are about to expire" does this mean HTC locations has to be paid for? Considering the cost of the phone, seems a bit of a cheek! I'm sure nokias service is free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

snaps wrote: »
    Getting this on start up on HTC locations "certain licenses are about to expire" does this mean HTC locations has to be paid for? Considering the cost of the phone, seems a bit of a cheek! I'm sure nokias service is free?

Yeah after 30 you have to pay to use the voice guided turn by turn navigation.

hTc licence their mas from route 66.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

mad muffin wrote: »

Yeah after 30 you have to pay to use the voice guided turn by turn navigation.

hTc licence their mas from route 66.
    considering the price of this phone, seems harsh. Perhaps now I should have gone for the Nokia lumia

considering the price of this phone, seems harsh. Perhaps now I should have gone for the Nokia lumia

Nokia give with one hand and take with the other.

Lumia has worse screen, camera, speaker is softer.

Music SQ is awfull on the Lumia too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

mad muffin wrote: »
    Nokia give with one hand and take with the other.

Lumia has worse screen, camera, speaker is softer.

Music SQ is awfull on the Lumia too.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but the 800 does lack in certain areas, hence why I chose the Titan over it.

Nokia Drive is free, but I found HTC Locations is a bit more feature rich for now. I presume Nokia Drive will only get better with time, but HTC Locations has always been a paid for thing with a 30 day trial. Then again when its free and decent on Nokia you cant really complain.

I went away from both and just bought the navigon app when it was on sale. Cant really complain. I don't need neither Google or Bing maps now. They do make good sat nav app anyway :)

How much is HTC locations?

• Advertisement

29.99 for an unlimited licence.
    19.99 for a year licence
    4.99 for 30 days.

Its not a bad offer. Compared to other sat nav apps out there in the market.

HTC Locations always was a subscription service. HTC doesn't provide the maps. They provide an application. Route 66 is who your paying for your navigation and maps.

It's not bad if it was any good.

I live in Mountmellick and it would tell me I was in Garryduff, Errill. :o

Well if its only 29.99 that's not too bad. Is there any other options for a turn by turn navigation?

Its 29.99 for just UK and Ireland. 49.99 for Europe.

I've gmaps pro now but that doesn't do exactly what I want, plus if you loose network coverage, you loose maps

Well if its only 29.99 that's not too bad. Is there any other options for a turn by turn navigation?

Its 29.99 for just UK and Ireland. 49.99 for Europe.

I've gmaps pro now but that doesn't do exactly what I want, plus if you loose network coverage, you loose maps

I wouldn't be too bothered when loosing data. Ive driven around plenty of times using Bing Maps on the phone before buying any sat nav apps. It usually pre-caches some of the maps and roads ahead so it would be covered even if it lost coverage.

Theres nothing really that comes close to in price. Navigon is back to its usual price and the other one for 25 euro has crappy interface and no downloadable maps.

So I think right now for HTC owners if you don't want to get navigon HTC Locations is probably as good as it will get. Did any one try uninstalling it and installing it and see does that reset the 30 days?

Did any one try uninstalling it and installing it and see does that reset the 30 days?

Tried that, it doesn't work

• Advertisement
Advertisement