Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair dying dilemma!

• 09-06-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey!
    So, for the last two years I have been dying my hair red/pink, with a semi permanent dye! But now I've decided it's time for the a change and to achieve the colour I want, I will need platinum blonde hair to get it! Unfortunately I don't have the money to get this done professionally! So my plan is to;
    Firstly strip my hair of the red. Bleach it using XXL Live Colour Schwarzkopf Absolute Platinum 00A and then,toning it. Depending on the colour of my hair after, I may bleach and tone it again. I was hoping that could anyone advise me as to, am I going about doing this the right way?, or any possible revisions ye would make? Anything additional I should know/do? I'm terrified of this back firing!! So lemmie know!
    Cheeers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I find the L'Oreal Super Blonde and Perfect Blonde Creme the best shop-bought bleach. You get about twice as much in the packet as the Schwarzkopf one and I find it gives me the lightest colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I went from red to blonde before but had to spend about 6 months washing it with Johnson's baby shampoo to strip the colour. Stripping your hair of its colour and then bleaching sounds very hard on your hair, I wouldn't try it myself!

To be honest I'd wait it out until you have the money to get it done professionally, or at least seek their advice first! Do you know any hairdresssers that could advise you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Hi, i've bleached my hair before, wouldnt reccomend it very damaging, all bleach is, but the bleach i used was Jerome Russell BBlonde, very good at getting it platinum blond, my hair was dark brown before i used it, just make sure you condition your hair lots, its really easy to use as well.
    Look at some youtube videos before too :) and good luck!

womanhomeproducts1_0.jpg

Advertisement