Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perhaps Someone Can Help?

• 09-06-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

For some reason mw3 every so often messes up my internet connection. The computers in the house will stay connected but it will say "no internet access" or pages won't load properly. I know this seems strange but it's only an issue when I play mw3. It also effects playing mw3 online as when it happens the percentage counter in the top right hand corner when searching for games moves a lot slower than it normally would. The strange thing is I will stay connected to psn and it will eventually find me a game. However I need to restart my router in order to gain internet access on the computers in the house again so it's not very practical. It happens at least once a day and it's so annoying. I'm currently with smart telecom and I have a thomson tg585 v5 and my nat type is always open. Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

There has been similar instances on the xbox too, in a party I'd get booted ("cannot connect to server" or "servers temporarily unavailable") and then the party members would get booted too. My internet is pretty cack of late but other guys in different parts of the country on different providers have experienced similar.

It must be something server side as it's affecting two consoles in similar ways. I'd say Activision is cutting back on server numbers as we've been mixed with Spanish/French/Italian players whereas before we'd get mostly UK and Ireland lobbies. I'm pretty certain there are monkeys working on the game at the moment as they've constantly f***ed up things inadvertently when releasing newer versions or latest fixes. The latest is they've apparently altered the damage characteristics of LMGs on ps3 before they were buffed but the 360 hasn't been affected.

Cowboys Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Strange as some thing very similar has happened to me last week. Lost connection to mw3 servers and couldn't get back it to a game. Threw on starhawk and wouldn't connect at all. Kept saying I was off line even tho I was connected to psn.

Tried to see if there was a prob with psn and couldn't get on the net on the laptop or the phone. Had to reset every thing to get back online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Happens to me too on Eircom. Just have to reset the router each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Interesting to see it's not just me suffering and also not just console specific either by the looks of things. It's extremely frustrating, it wouldn't be so bad if it was just effecting me but when others want to use the internet and it messes up the connection for them then I have to stop and restart the router so they can have internet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

Makaveli wrote: »
    Happens to me too on Eircom. Just have to reset the router each time.

see if you can borrow another eircom modem off a friend or something if that works fine you know your modem is fecked.

the issues people were saying above seems to be server side and not to do with there isp/modem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Having a different but similar problem to this possibly, unsure if it's worthy of a new thread.

Basically, when MW3 came out on the xbox I was sitting on 4 bars no problem. Now however I'm lucky if I get three, spend a bit of time on 2 and the majority of the time on 1.

I'm with vodafone on the 3mb speeds (speed test normally shows me at 2.4mb) (and before someone jumps in and says "It's your broadband omg!! D:" note it was working fine last year and works fine with other games).

I've also tried swapping routers and ringing vodafone to check if there is a problem on their end or my line, they say there isn't. The router I swapped in was brand new out of the box, I have it as a backup, and I've cycled through the broadcasting frequencies on the wireless. And for the connection to the xbox I've tried wired and wireless.

As of now MW3 is unplayable, despite my best efforts to try and play it, with it constantly giving me 1 or 2 bars.

Have vodafone possibly made a change to their service or is it MW3 cutting down on servers which is causing me server lag?

Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

try a pingtest, i have the same vodafone internet and the first day my ping was 150 to 250 a few minor adjustments were made on the laptop by a buddy of mine now the ping is between 50 and 100, four bars all the way

http://www.forbiddencheats.net/forum/showthread.php?3251-How-to-Lower-Your-Ping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Having a different but similar problem to this possibly, unsure if it's worthy of a new thread.

Basically, when MW3 came out on the xbox I was sitting on 4 bars no problem. Now however I'm lucky if I get three, spend a bit of time on 2 and the majority of the time on 1.

I'm with vodafone on the 3mb speeds (speed test normally shows me at 2.4mb) (and before someone jumps in and says "It's your broadband omg!! D:" note it was working fine last year and works fine with other games).

I've also tried swapping routers and ringing vodafone to check if there is a problem on their end or my line, they say there isn't. The router I swapped in was brand new out of the box, I have it as a backup, and I've cycled through the broadcasting frequencies on the wireless. And for the connection to the xbox I've tried wired and wireless.

As of now MW3 is unplayable, despite my best efforts to try and play it, with it constantly giving me 1 or 2 bars.

Have vodafone possibly made a change to their service or is it MW3 cutting down on servers which is causing me server lag?

Any help appreciated.

Its down to your connection not the MW3 servers. Are there other people using your connection when your playing? I get a 3-4 Bar when its only the xbox connected to the net but as soon as the rest of the family use their laptops etc I drop to a 1-2 bar. Also speed has nothing to do with the bars you receive in COD, its all down to ping. The lower the ping, the better.

iMuse wrote: »
    Are there other people using your connection when your playing?

Nope, nobody else on the network, not even an idle android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Nope, nobody else on the network, not even an idle android.

do a speed test and post your result

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

yimrsg wrote: »
    There has been similar instances on the xbox too, in a party I'd get booted ("cannot connect to server" or "servers temporarily unavailable") and then the party members would get booted too. My internet is pretty cack of late but other guys in different parts of the country on different providers have experienced similar.

It must be something server side as it's affecting two consoles in similar ways. I'd say Activision is cutting back on server numbers as we've been mixed with Spanish/French/Italian players whereas before we'd get mostly UK and Ireland lobbies. I'm pretty certain there are monkeys working on the game at the moment as they've constantly f***ed up things inadvertently when releasing newer versions or latest fixes. The latest is they've apparently altered the damage characteristics of LMGs on ps3 before they were buffed but the 360 hasn't been affected.

Cowboys Ted.

Getting that now myself for the past 30mins.
    Bunch of absolute spastics.

ugglasdav wrote: »
    do a speed test and post your result

2vsj895.jpg

The above is a speedtest from UPC speedtest. The one underneath is speedtest.net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

That is quite **** for UPC.
    What package are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

That is quite **** for UPC.
    What package are you on?

if you read his original post he says he is on vodafone 3mb, he was just using the UPC speed test.

from what i can see you must be getting some sort of interference from some were, causing you ping to jump up and down, i had the same problem once and i had to switch wifi channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

command prompt speed test from your pc/laptop will give the most accurate result, or even pingtest.net
    when i use speedtest i get 55
    pingtest i get 35
    command prompt i get 35
    im on the vodafone 3mb package and hardly ever lag
    try clearing the system cache on the xbox too

command prompt speed test from your pc/laptop will give the most accurate result
    im on the vodafone 3mb package and hardly ever lag
    try clearing the system cache on the xbox too

I wish I was in the same boat as you craftypaddy. Cleared the cache, didn't work. Pingtest showing me as 48ms with 10 ms jitter.

Thanks for the help lads, with mw3 it usually peaks up to the 175 ping mark when finding a match. I think it might just be my area combined with mw3 reducing servers causing more travel for the connection.

Been through all the channels, running a speedtest on each of them, sitting on channel 13 as it's giving me the best results.

Advertisement