Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst lunch ever!

Options
  • 09-06-2012 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Are we allowed name and shame on this forum?

I just had the most awful lunch ever in town. Total rip off. Inedible. Burnt and disgusting.

Worst service ever and my daughter was served a glass of gone-off milk...absolutely reeking with massive blobs floating on the top. Don't Know how on earth it could have been served up. When we asked for a fresh glass, another glass of gone off milk was served up, equally as bad.

As my daughter is only two, we asked if they had plastic or paper cups so she wouldn't break a glass. We were told 'no' and yet all through our meal we witnessed people coming in and out buying take-away coffees in paper cups.

Two tourists were sitting at the table beside us and one of their meals just never arrived. They couldn't eat the meal that did arrive it was so bad. The girl took two bites out of her meal and said to her partner that it was inedible (in French-I speak French). They just paid for that meal and left.

I'm embarrassed that establishments like this exist in the middle of our town. What must visitors to the city think?!

We eat out every weekend and are not fussy eaters. We have great experiences 99.9% of the time but it just takes one place like this to ruin our town's reputation. I'm sure those two tourists who sat beside us have a bad taste in their mouths (both physically and metaphorically!) after today's incident.

There were loads of tourists coming in and out of the restaurant and I just dread to think how many more have walked away from their lunches feeling they were totally ripped off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Charter:
    Do not post anything potentially defamatory or libellous about businesses or people. 'Free Speech' is vetoed by the welfare of Boards.ie.
    For instance do not post anti-recommendations, if you don't like a place then do not post here to let people know.
    Service/food experiences are too subjective to be reliable and frankly, we don't know you well enough to know your reasons to put a place down.
    If you have a problem with a business and need advice, please use Consumer Issues forum. If someone asks for recommendations, don't use the opportunity to mention places that have "wronged" you. Take it up with the manager instead of the internet.

I think Consumer may allow naming, this forum doesn't. Unless you post about how great a place is.
    Have a read of their charter before posting there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement