Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Fans Boo & Taunt English Squad

• 09-06-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    This video was posted on Facebook the other day by a lad I know, its basically a video of a load of Irish fans having gathered outside the hotel that the English squad are staying at during the Euro 2012 Tournament and when they arrive start booing them and singing republican songs
    The video got a very mixed reception on Facebook with some lads thinking it was great that the Irish fans done this while others didnt agree with it stating that if English fans had done this to the Irish squad on their arrival in Poland like singing God Save The Queen etc etc, it would have been a whole different story.

What do ye think ? Is it Irish fans just having a laugh ? Irish fans lowering themselves in the international gaze ?

Let me know ye're opinions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

we'll stop after about 800 years or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

twats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

You need to put "breaking news" in the thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

That's embarrassing...glad I don't watch/care about football :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Looks like a bit of craic and a warm welcome to me. But sure isn't this what football is about, jeering the opposition with chants and songs? Everybody loves us still :)

• Advertisement

It's football, not politics. That's what happens, you taunt your rivals. Our biggest being England, no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

That kinda carry on is embarressing to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

I played it to half way through and didn't hear anything racist. The general songs and stuff I don't think is offensive.
    If there were any "w***ker" comments etc then that's not right, it shouldn't be aimed at players purely because they're on the English team.
    However, there are a lot of w***ker little manwhores on that team so if it was aimed at them individually, the abuse is quite accurate and I say here, here! :D
    Even if I was English I don't think I could want that team to win... the tears of broken-hearted manwhores surely tastes much sweeter than national sporting success :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

It's the only way to get our 6 counties back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

Its only embarrassing because I can guarantee the dicks who are booing the English side, support English teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The only people that seem to have a problem with it are Irish non-football fans. In all of the UK papers that carried the story, it was said to be 'good natured' rather than malicious.
    The mood was good-natured, a game of verbal ping-pong breaking out to wile the time away. The English began teasing the Irish with chants of “Thierry Henry”, a reminder of the Frenchman’s handling offence in Paris, which prompted a riposte of “One Maradona”. The English, showing rare awareness of life beyond the sports pages, responded by serenading the Irish with “You’re going down with the Euro”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/euro-2012/9315503/Euro-2012-England-hierarchy-attempt-to-douse-flames-of-Rio-Ferdinand-selection-furore-as-team-get-warm-welcome.html

Stop being outraged and offended on other people's behalves ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Welcome to 3 days ago

Welcome to 3 days ago
    Can I just say (Joan Burton :P) you're a personal hero of my and it's great to finally see you on boards.ie
    Greatest player of all time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭vixdname

Welcome to 3 days ago

Sorry...didnt realise Boards had a "You Can Only Discuss Issues That Are Happening Right Now" policy

If you dont want to read the thread Diego then f.u.c.k. off and be smart with the guy thats banging you missus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this going to break some some of record for most reheated thread subject?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

vixdname wrote: »
    Sorry...didnt realise Boards had a "You Can Only Discuss Issues That Are Happening Right Now" policy

If you dont want to read the thread Diego then f.u.c.k. off and be smart with the guy thats banging you missus

ever hear of the search function on boards? also no need to tell other members to f off... thats just being rude.

mike65 wrote: »
    Is this going to break some some of record for most reheated thread subject?

I done a search for a thread about this but didnt find one, my apologies if there is one already.
    So if this thread is boring to you feel free to leave and try be a keyboard comedian on another thread that might enjoy your fantastic wit more then this one

It really is such a pity that Boards.ie has so many smart asses on it who wouldnt have the balls to say boo to you if they met you in person.

I done a search for a thread about this but didnt find one, my apologies if there is one already.
    So if this thread is boring to you feel free to leave and try be a keyboard comedian on another thread that might enjoy your fantastic wit more then this one

It really is such a pity that Boards.ie has so many smart asses on it who wouldnt have the balls to say boo to you if they met you in person.

why so hostile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Football fans sing songs and boo rival team!!!! Stop the fcuking presses.

Shouldn't you be very happy with that though? You've got your knickers in a knot over the very same thing.

ever hear of the search function on boards? also no need to tell other members to f off... thats just being rude.

And he wasnt being rude ???? Or is trying to be a smart ass ok in your book, if people dont want to read a thread then why cant they just click onto another thread without having to try and show how witty or funny they are, when in reality they're obviously anything but

• Advertisement

And he wasnt being rude ???? Or is trying to be a smart ass ok in your book, if people dont want to read a thread then why cant they just click onto another thread without having to try and show how witty or funny they are, when in reality they're obviously anything but

he pointed out that a thread on that went up 3 days ago... he was not being a smart ass. but you jumped in all guns blazing at told him to f off then insulted his missus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Let me know ye're opinions

It's no great revelation that Irish have their scum, and English have their scum. I'm just mortified that this is the over all impression people will get of our country, purely based on these fúck holes that can't hold their ale and or shut their moronic racist traps.

If only a country could disown their scum, I doubt we'd be the only country doing so in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

all fans do it - i remember watching England vs Germany with some Germans and afterwards these English lads came over and said "at least we won the war". just a bit of banter.

Football fans sing songs and boo rival team!!!! Stop the fcuking presses.

Shouldn't you be very happy with that though? You've got your knickers in a knot over the very same thing.

I opened a thread as I was interested in peoples opinion on something that happened a few days back.
    I done a search to see if had already been discussed, couldnt find one.
    Got a few opinions before the smart ass brigade arrived and posted ignorant replies and tried to make little of a genuine interest I had in peoples opinions in what happened. I cant understand why if people on boards.ie come to a thread that they dont find interesting etc why they feel they have to try and be smart, ignorant etc, thats what get my knickers in a knot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Could not care less it happens in every sport. Look at GAA any county kicking into Hill 16 will get booed out of it by the Dubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Nal wrote: »
    Its only embarrassing because I can guarantee the dicks who are booing the English side, support English teams
    From August till May the same idiots will be cheering on the English teams as if they have lived in England all their life.

he pointed out that a thread on that went up 3 days ago... he was not being a smart ass. but you jumped in all guns blazing at told him to f off then insulted his missus.

"Welcome to 3 days ago" wasnt trying to be smart ...ya think ?

What about, "Sorry lad, there was a thread on this earlier heres the link"

or maybe you dont know the difference between being a smart ass and social decorum :rolleyes:

i did a search and guess what i found the thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056663500

also go here to chat about the euros http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056655797

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

No, no.
    Vixdname insulted the guy who's banging his missus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

also go here to chat about the euros http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056655797

You ignorant cnut. I just banged your missus/ mister.
    So yea. :cool:
    Only kidding OP :)

Not kidding Nothingbetter2d :cool:

Wow fair play to you, I bet you're family are so proud...

I searched for "Irish fans boo english squad".....nothing from search... wasnt going to use every possible word combination for the subject in order to ensure there wasnt a thread on it already just incase I upset the intelligentia that are known to frequent boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Of to the ladies lounge with your handbags you two!!

Now grow up eh and let's get back to heckling the English!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Everyone chill the fuck out.

Also, use the megathread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement