Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No-one ever drowned from their own sweat....

Options
  • 09-06-2012 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

If you want to see big numbers, there's nothing to see here. Strictly training for fun and vanity purposes for now. I ain't lifting heavy again until my core is as hard as the bar. Me no wanna be no fat powerlifter.

Deadlift
    60kg x8
    60kg x8
    70kg x5
    80kgx5x5

Split Squats
    10kg plate
    5x10 e/s

Bench Press
    30x8
    30x8
    40x5x3

Weighted Crunches
    10kg
    3x20

Unsup Single Arm Rows e/s
    20kgx10
    22.5kgx10
    22.5kgx10
    22.5kgx10
    22.5kgx10

KB Side Bends
    28kg 5x10

OH Plate Tri Ext
    10kg 5x10

2k Run

I'm back bitches:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Nice to have you back!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

gymfreak wrote: »
    Nice to have you back!:)

Thanks :) Caught up on your log there, looks like you're flying with the WL!

Thinking about trying out roller derby in the next round of newbies...so if ya fancy a change from the tag rugby let me know! (and nope, I still don't really know how it works, I mainly just know that you get to skate reaaaly fast and play dress up:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Me no wanna be no fat powerlifter.

Thinking about trying out roller derby in the next round of newbies...so if ya fancy a change from the tag rugby let me know! (and nope, I still don't really know how it works, I mainly just know that you get to skate reaaaly fast and play dress up:p)

Caught a rat city roller girls match before. They're pretty much all fat powerlifter types! Twas class though!

Good luck with the loggin' and the roller derby if you get going.

Rep Session
    60 sec rests btw sets

Squats
    20kgx8
    20kgx8
    30kgx5

35kgx5x10reps (60% of current max)

Plank
    60sec
    50sec
    45sec

Chin ups x2
    Pull ups - band assisted (emo)
    5x10

Press Ups
    5x10

Bent over lat raisea
    5kg
    5x10 e/s

Hanging leg raises
    x10
    x10
    x7/2/1
    x5/3/2
    x4/4/2

-started off toe to bar... but started failing after 2sets.

Bicep Curls
    10kg 5x10

Caaaardio....

2k run : 10:08

Rower Intervals
    150m/45sec rest
    secs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

If that was you in Raw earlier, from what I saw, your squats looked really good.

• Advertisement

Inadvertently fasted all day, didn't realise I was hungry til I made din dins... And now a yummy stir fry overload has rendered me immobile :p

I seriously cannot imagine ever having room for food again.

Dathai wrote: »
    If that was you in Raw earlier, from what I saw, your squats looked really good.
    Prob was. Ha that's a first!!

Stiff as fcuk when I woke up this morning, so decided to walk into work to try loosen up a bit and it definitely helped, it's only a 40min walk too when you go at it properly - handy enough provided the weather keeps up.

I also want to find a mini mini mini mp3 player for gym purposes, one I can clip on to my top or something...anyone any ideas? The playlist in RAW is improving all the same though; haven't had to squat to Adele in a good while!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I pod shuffle

I am absolutely destroyed! Was in bits with DOMS today so did a rake of mobilty work and foam rolling before the session. (you kbow I'm in a bad way when I've the patience to do a full mobility drill :p) Then just got at it. Nearly crashed and burned a few times alright but stuck it out. Tomorrow is definitely a rest day!

Mobilty + Foam Rolling

10 min intervals sprint
    1 min on 1 min off
    8kph/14kph

15min work bloxk
    5 KB squat 28kg
    5 Ring rows
    5 db flat bench 15kg
    13 rounds

10 min sprint intervals

15 min block
    10 kb swings 16kg
    10 elevated push ups
    5 pull ups
    8 rnds 14.08

That block was hell. started failing on the push ups so they took ages.

EPIC session!!! I wanna go again!!*

*except I can't move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

Stiff as fcuk when I woke up this morning, so decided to walk into work to try loosen up a bit and it definitely helped, it's only a 40min walk too when you go at it properly - handy enough provided the weather keeps up.

I also want to find a mini mini mini mp3 player for gym purposes, one I can clip on to my top or something...anyone any ideas? The playlist in RAW is improving all the same though; haven't had to squat to Adele in a good while!:p

insert inuendo here and wait for thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

GASMANN wrote: »

[SIZE="1"]insert inuendo here and wait for thanks[/SIZE]

Well, there goes trying to keep it clean an be all reformed an sh1t!!!

A wee bit of mobility, deadlifting and core work.

70kg felt like 100 today and wasn't in the mindset at all, so cut my losses.

Rep session 60 sec rests

Deadlift
    60kgx8

70kgx5x10
    - think I'll stick to the bigger plates in future, any time I revert to the smaller ones my tech just feels awkward. The lower set up means I've to concentrate a hell of a lot more on trying not to round my back, which at 70kg should NOT be an isuse.

The height I set up at really does make a difference; I remember when I set up my DL from the rack for the first rep of each set for a while last yr; it made a massive difference and stopped my back rounding.

Plank
    60sec
    50sec
    50sec

Bench Press
    20kgx8

35kgx5x10reps
    - I don't know what the story is here. I should have been getting 40kg.

Inverted Rows
    5x10reps

DB Shrugs
    20kg e/s

Back Extension
    5x10

OH Plate Tri Ext
    10kg
    5x10

Running does not cure hangovers.

Fact.

Rocking a serious belly bloat after a weekend of carbs :/ I know exactly what it was too; I never eat pasta but I had it 2 days running over the weekend and my carbs in general near doubled...

Squats
    20kgx5
    30kx5
    40kgx5
    45kgx5
    50kgx3
    50kgx2 + a fail

I've felt a pull back in my quad last few days and it caught me on that last rep(ouchies), was too nervous to keep at them then.
    I really have to start dumping the bar properly tol; as it is I just sit in the hole til I either manuover it off my back or get rescued!

Deadlift - kept these light so figured they wouldn't do much damage.
    60kg 5x10

Chin ups
    x2
    Pull ups blue band assisted
    x10, x 10, x 10, x 8, x 7

10kg Sit ups
    5x10

Flat DB Bench
    17.5kg
    x10
    x10
    x10
    x6
    x4
    - ermmm......

KB Side bends 28kg
    5x10

Seated Bicep Curls e/s
    10's were all in use, dude gave me 12.5s but it wasn't happening..
    12.5x7
    12.5x5
    12.5x4

Jesus some difference 2.5kg makes!

This next part made my day better...

2k run: 8.55 :D:D

This took over 10min last time I ran it so happy out.
    Prob not the best idea with the oul banjaxed leg..but I was spurred on by my current onset of obesity!!

Haven't trained for the past 2 weeks. Decided to bite the bullet and get my bodyfat/weight checked today so that I can set myself a few goalposts. I haven't checked my BF in over a year so I was a tad worried, but it wasn't too bad in the end. I'm going to get it checked monthly now for a bit of extra motivation.

Weight: 72kg

Chest: 7
    Subscap: 17
    Tricep: 14.5
    Abd: 18
    Suprailiac: 15
    Thigh: 31
    Midaxil: 10.5
    Total: 113mm
    Bodyfat estimate: 22.4%

Fat Mass: 16.2kg
    Lean Mass: 55.8kg

The weight was a nice surprise, I was fully expecting it to be 74/75kg. 72 has always kind of been my benchmark that I hover at. Anytime I hit 73+ it tends to be the onset of obesity for me :o I'd like to get the BF down though because regardless of numbers I still feel a bit flabbier than I'm comfortable with at the moment.

Squats
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx3
    50kgx2
    50kgx1
    50kgx2
    - the 50's just weren't working out, I was setting up differently for some reason and they just didn't feel right. Kept having to readjust after walking the bar out. So I dropped back down to 40kg.
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    - these flew up, felt so easy in comparison to the 50, could have banged out 10 a set no bother.

Chin Ups
    x2
    Pull Ups (assisted, blue band)
    x10
    x10
    x10
    x10
    x8/2

DB Lunges 10kg e/s
    5x10

Hanging Leg Raises

5x5

Bench

30kgx8
    30kgx8
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx3 ...oopsie

KB Side Bends 28kg
    5x10

OH Tri Ext 10kg Plate
    5x10

40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    - these flew up, felt so easy in comparison to the 50, could have banged out 10 a set no bother.

hard to ask this without sounding like a d1ck, but why didnt you?

40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5

hard to ask this without sounding like a d1ck, but why didnt you?
    You have a point! I don't know- I think it's just always in my head '5x5' on strength days and 5x10 on rep days.

• Advertisement

fair enough, theres numbers between 45 and 50 though if the 5kg jump is to big. i have one of many mental ticks about progressing in 5's but have found out lately that this doesnt have to be.

fair enough, theres numbers between 45 and 50 though if the 5kg jump is to big. i have one of many mental ticks about progressing in 5's but have found out lately that this doesnt have to be.

It was a 10kg jump..but only cause I thought I had put on 2.5s and didn't realise til the 2nd set- so didn't bother switching then. When I dropped back to 40 I was intending to go for the 50 again but figured it'd be better to stick with what was working!

yeah i see that now that i actually read your post! anyway tried offering helpfull advice, fell on face, gets coat....

yeah i see that now that i actually read your post! anyway tried offering helpfull advice, fell on face, gets coat....
    It's appreciated :)

On a sidenote, has anyone bought 'strength training for anatomy'? Is it any use? Found a thread on it on here with mixed views. Any recs for similar/better books much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

On a sidenote, has anyone bought 'strength training for anatomy'? Is it any use? Found a thread on it on here with mixed views. Any recs for similar/better books much appreciated!

The Frederic Delavier one? Yup, i've got the 2nd edition one and then the women's one too. Been years since I've flicked through them!

I wouldnt recommend the women's one at all. Only focuses on lower body and abs and absolutely NO upperbody, which is quite disappointing and women tend to have really weak upperbodies.

The regular edition is excellent. The illustrations are fantastic and then it details how to execute each exercise quite concisely. I got these books years ago and now when I flick through them there is nothing new in them. But if your looking for a reference book, I'd definitely recommend it..you just probably won't learn anything new from it at this stage...if ya get me?

Also, just with your squats...could be an idea to video them just for yourself to replay? I know I always do that when I'm training on my own so that I can see exactly what's going on. Like I'd nearly tape every set and compare and then just delete after.

gymfreak wrote: »

The Frederic Delavier one? Yup, i've got the 2nd edition one and then the women's one too. Been years since I've flicked through them!

I wouldnt recommend the women's one at all. Only focuses on lower body and abs and absolutely NO upperbody, which is quite disappointing and women tend to have really weak upperbodies.

The regular edition is excellent. The illustrations are fantastic and then it details how to execute each exercise quite concisely. I got these books years ago and now when I flick through them there is nothing new in them. But if your looking for a reference book, I'd definitely recommend it..you just probably won't learn anything new from it at this stage...if ya get me?

Also, just with your squats...could be an idea to video them just for yourself to replay? I know I always do that when I'm training on my own so that I can see exactly what's going on. Like I'd nearly tape every set and compare and then just delete after.
    Cheers :) , aye it's just for reference.

I could say I'll video the squats, but tbh I won't because I'm just not that arsed :) Hitting a2g and my form is good at the 40kg so sure I'll stick with that for a bit if the 50 keeps feeling dodge.

Going for a lunchtime walk..in the rain..to try ease up the DOMS -yeeooow!

Checked out BHAF today, nice gym but just too far for me to join.

Really **** session. Not even gonna bother logging it. Quads are burning like fcuk just walking today. Everything felt hard. DLs at 80kg were weak, failed after 5 reps in DB Bench, got foot cramp during split squats so had to switch to lunges, failed on pull ups...

• Advertisement

Squats
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    40kgx3/2
    40kgx5

DB Lunge
    15kg 5x10