Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centres for senior citizens in Limerick?

• 09-06-2012 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of centres or activities for senior citizens?preferably as close to Corbally as possible? I'm thinking of my mum,not myself!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Freiheit wrote: »
    Does anyone know of centres or activities for senior citizens?preferably as close to Corbally as possible? I'm thinking of my mum,not myself!:)

When I was in 6th class (2004) we used to go visit old people in a house on the grounds of St. Mary's church! They used to meet at least once a week and it seemed like a great laugh.

Could ask the priest of St Mary's if it's still active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Friends of the Elderly? They meet every Thursday, they are based on Careys Road. AFAIK they also do a shuttle system to get them forward and back from the homes, and you couldn't meet a nicer group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

There are quite a few groups in the area and some like the Thomondgate club have a private bus service and will pick up nearby.
    For the Thomondgate club and some other clubs contact St Munchins family resource centre www.stmunchinsfrc.ie they will give you info on everything locally. The Public Health Nurse will also know of groups near to your mum.
    There is a group at St Saviours, one at Monaleen and St Brigids/St Patricks.
    www.activeirl.ie is a site with a list of groups. Maybe even contacting any of the local groups, will give you a link to groups in Corbally. A lot of the groups will be doing day trips etc at the moment before finishing for the summer, so now could be a good time, as she will be out and about and be able to settle in easily. The retirement groups are great and offer companionship as well as time out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Enquire at Milford Hospice, they do day activities for the elderly, differnet day different group, I think it may be parish based.

Advertisement