Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Group C (Irelands Group)

• 09-06-2012 5:22pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭

uefaeuro2012groupcwa_451106.jpg

Team|Played|W|D|L|GF|GA|GD|Pts|

Croatia | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 | +2 | 3 |
    Spain | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 |
    Italy | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 |
    Republic of Ireland | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 3 | −2 | 0|

You have already made your predictions about Irelands games, rather optimistic ones but sure whynot believe.... now its time for the Group C thread itself. Methinks every game in this one might get its own thread but heres the spot for all general discussion.

Bookies / Pundits (Atleast outside of Ireland) will tell you that it will be Spain followed by Italy, then Croatia with Ireland in last spot in this group but this supporter thinks....F*CK that! cmon you boys in Green.
    0.jpg

^^may not be factually true

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

GO ON ARELAND!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

EASY, EASY, EASY, EASY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Forget the Group of Death here's the Group of Debt!

Ba-dum Tish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Can't lose, simple as.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Is the teams available for tomorrow? Ive heard Ireland's is "normal".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

It's like Christmas eve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Tomorrow will be only the second time I've watched Ireland instead of only seeing highlights (And the 1st half of that Armenia game with the OG), after the 0-0 with Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

G.K. wrote: »
    Tomorrow will be only the second time I've watched Ireland instead of only seeing highlights (And the 1st half of that Armenia game with the OG), after the 0-0 with Russia.

You've only ever watched Ireland live twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

It's like Christmas eve

can't ****ing wait!!!!!! Bring it on!!!!

I guess a dream scenario is Italy v Spain to draw. I dont subscribe to this notion that we should want Spain to batter Italy and Croatia and pin everything on conceding less!!!! A draw would be perfect (assuming of course we win!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

You don't know what you're missing out on. It'll be like watching the Brazilian 1970 team playing. Fluid build up play, attacking full backs, the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

peabutler wrote: »

Ah jonny B and the boogey men are serious craic alright, a great asset in the terrace at a tipp hurling match :cool: They've made some good songs/videos, fair play to em!

Dont be hoping for champagne football although im sure you're well aware of your in for :D Good stuff with the blogs too, I enjoy reading em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

You don't know what you're missing out on. It'll be like watching the Brazilian 1970 team playing. Fluid build up play, attacking full backs, the lot.

LOL :)

Just quickly want to point out France away in that play-off with roughly the bulk of the current squad, we played some superb football. Mainly because we had to. We won't do it against Croatia but we do have some good players. Our front 4 might be not send fear into the hearts of Croatia, but Keane, Duffer, McGeady, Doyle have big games in them.

COME ON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

noodler wrote: »

He's better off anyway. He has to watch England live as it is.

noodler wrote: »

Well, I'm not Irish, I don't live in Ireland and no TV channel I have access to shows the matches. I can't even see my own national team (Wales) live much because I don't have sky and the English TV I get don't show it.

Well, I'm not Irish, I don't live in Ireland and no TV channel I have access to shows the matches. I can't even see my own national team (Wales) live much because I don't have sky and the English TV I get don't show it.

Ah jaysus I thought you were English. You poor chap :P

Spain and Italy to progress for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Just out of interest GK why boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I dont think Italy will get through, just dont know if it will be us or Croatia.

I forget how I stumbled across the forum, but I've not found anywhere better to discuss football, frankly.

• Advertisement

I forget how I stumbled across the forum, but I've not found anywhere better to discuss football, frankly.

oh-stop-it-you.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,208 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

oie_102263I8yecHIv.jpg?psid=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Can't wait for tomorrow, I think we'll get a draw but I'm praying for a win. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭briany

I was very annoyed when I heard about Bilic saying that Croatia *will* win tomorrow. I mean, of course I am hoping Ireland would win or at least get a result but it wouldn't have come as a surprise if they couldn't. Now I hope Trap and the lads cram those words down Bilic's throat with some style and have that Croatian team limp away with it's tail between it's legs. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to be at this thing and I think the Irish team knows it. I hope they give it everything.

Come on Ireland!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

After Denmark winning today I am hopeful we can get a result against Croatia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

As long as they leave everything on the pitch and let the croatians know they were in a game I'll be happy, and if they do that I think they can get a draw, maybe even scrape a win. Going to go for Doyle being an Irish scorer and having a good tournament.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Spain and Croatia for me. Ireland might sneak third with the last game...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've backed Ireland not to concede today (I've also backed Torres to score, so what would I know?).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

green_6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

This is weird cause I am less concerned about the Italy and Spain game than I am about this Croatian game ?

McGeady and Duff are key tonight . Everyone knows what we are about and how well drilled we are which I fear could be predictable, so I'm hoping the two boys are the difference and give us something more dynamic which could help us nick it.

Can't wait to get over there on Tuesday so maybe that's contributing to my anxiety to be arriving with a opening win/draw under the belt .

COYBIG .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I'd imagine watching Irish games as a neutral is an extremely grim experience so don't really blame GK for only seeing the one game over the past few games.

Ball of nerves today, wish our game was first because I won't be able to fully enjoy the opening game. Italy for me are the most unpredictable team in the competition when it comes to guessing how successful they'll be.I like Prandelli and his more attacking mentality may surprise a few who always expect the dated steriotypical Italian style of play. I'm expecting a high scoring game here, whether going toe to toe with the best footballing side in the competition is a wise move I have my doubts but it *should* be an exciting encounter. Hope we see the positive side to Balotelli.

Oh an COYBIG, think we'll see a draw our match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I can't decide whether to watch at home or go out.

Having the other supporters when my stomach is in bits is a bit of a crutch but I don'y really want to be out if we lose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's hard to believe its 10 years since we've been involved in a finals and even worse, 24 years since Euro 88. :eek:

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I'd imagine watching Irish games as a neutral is an extremely grim experience so don't really blame GK for only seeing the one game over the past few games.

Don't get me wrong, I'd watch the matches if I could, I just don't have the capacity to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Sick, nervous, so excited and dying to see the lads take to the pitch...

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Spain v Italy - draw.

Ireland v Croatia - Ireland win

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Are we hoping for a Spain win or a draw in the first match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

adox wrote: »

I think a draw would suit us, If Spain beat both Italy and us they may have nothing to play for in the final game, which may be bad for us, depending on how other results go.

COYBIG!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The dream starts here. COYBIG!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Leiva wrote: »
    This is weird cause I am less concerned about the Italy and Spain game than I am about this Croatian game ?

I think this is the game lurking in the long grass and could be the heaviest defeat. Should it be a heavy defeat, the other games are there to be enjoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Word going round is that Torres is set to start. Some journo on twitter said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Spain win, have to hope spain beat the other 2 and if we get a point off spain it would just be a massive bonus.

Don't want to have to go into the Italy game needing a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

We're hoping for a draw between Italy and Spain, that way we can finish top of the group. :D

I'd be surprised if Torres didn't start tbh. VDB likes him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I'd be surprised if Torres didn't start tbh. VDB likes him.
    going by how the've been training it between torres and negredo and llorente will be used as the impact sub or not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Really easy win for Italy today, easy 2-0 on first half and then it all depends is Prandelli wants to rest the best players for tougher games or go for the 3-0/4-0 win... :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Spain XI vs Italy: Casillas; Arbeloa, Piqué, Ramos, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Alonso, Xavi; Silva, Iniesta & Cesc Fábregas

... confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

swoody wrote: »
    going by how the've been training it between torres and negredo and llorente will be used as the impact sub or not at all

Allegedly Fabregas is going to the 'striker'....strange choice

Confirmed by team above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Could be wrong but hearing that none of the strikers start and Cesc is playing false 9.
    Edit :Ade got there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

-Ade- wrote: »
    Spain XI vs Italy: Casillas; Arbeloa, Piqué, Ramos, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Alonso, Xavi; Silva, Iniesta & Cesc Fábregas

... confirmed.
    Italy wont see any of the ball with 6 ball playing midfielders for Spain. Even the back 4 are great on the ball. This could be a real boring game with Spain passing it around 30 yards from goal for the whole game and Italy defending like Italians do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement