Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Group C (Irelands Group)

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

No it's results between the 3 teams that count and a 2-2 would leave Spain and Croatia having scored more goals hence the 2-2 draw as low as 7/2 with some bookmakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

God, that Paddy Power ad. As if they weren't already pests. Nobody wants vuvuzelas at the Euros, and it's not cool to knock over poor "Sergei"'s potato stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Just please don't concede inside the first 5 minutes at least today so we can at least have a fighting chance for the rest of the game...

nice settled start and get into the game from there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Busquets playing very deep today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Are Croatia creating chances? Would love to see them knock Spain out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

if cro spain draw 1-1 and if its italy-1 ireland-0 who goes through on what criteria?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Croatia and Spain who top it I think.

dfx- wrote: »
    Croatia and Spain who top it I think.
    yeah your right, just got a little confused there, its a better system than straight out GD but a little confusing

Spain on top so far, and they will only get better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

adamski8 wrote: »
    if cro spain draw 1-1 and if its italy-1 ireland-0 who goes through on what criteria?

Apparently Italy top it as they've scored the most goals in the head to head games. Spain second on GD

Source- BBC half time

Anyone watching Spain/ Cro? SPain all over them?

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Apparently Italy top it as they've scored the most goals in the head to head games. Spain second on GD

Source- BBC half time

Anyone watching Spain/ Cro? SPain all over them?

yeah but that's if it stays 0-0. the question was about Spai/Croatia finishing 1-1.

Spain are dominating posession and I think they'll kick on in the 2nd half.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

..^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

G.K. wrote: »
    yeah but that's if it stays 0-0. the question was about Spai/Croatia finishing 1-1.

Spain are dominating posession and I think they'll kick on in the 2nd half.

Oh apologies thought it meant if stayed same. Cro will go through on GD is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

No changes,

Ah Trap FFS :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

That Wayne Rooney teaser clip on the BBC is atrocious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Cmon Croatia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Anything happening in Spain game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Anything happening in Spain game ?

Croatia are going to win it.

So close Rakitic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Why are Italy topping the group? They've scored 3 goals in total. Croatia have got 4 and Spain have 5. I don't understand?

• Advertisement

Why are Italy topping the group? They've scored 3 goals in total. Croatia have got 4 and Spain have 5. I don't understand?
    All ire games are wiped from the record if they are on the same points.

Spain aren't looking great, no urgency or cutting edge at all. If they consed one they are out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

All Spain now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Goal! Navas.

Great ball over the top from Alonso (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

That is a sexy goal . They made it look so simple

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Spain saved my coupon there, thanks Jesus :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Feel for Croatia, they defended so well and had the more clearcut chances too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Balotelli, nutjob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hard to know what to make of that from Spain, were they well contained or just content to play for the 0-0 draw if thats how it turned out while knowing that they could get back on terms if they conceded one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

mike65 wrote: »
    Hard to know what to make of that from Spain, were they well contained or just content to play for the 0-0 draw if thats how it turned out while knowing that they could get back on terms if they conceded one?
    No they were going for it all night long but they couldn't put through a decent final ball due to brilliant defending by the Croatians. They had a lot more possession as is the norm but never really looked like scoring until close to the end of the game when Croatia had to go for it.

Croatia didn't just sit back though, they did get forward and created a couple of decent chances. Casillas pulled off one brilliant save. After watching that tonight I think Modric would fit in so well at Barcelona in Xavi's role. He was the best player on the pitch imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Would love to know what Llorente, Negredo and even Soldado are thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

-Ade- wrote: »
    Would love to know what Llorente, Negredo and even Soldado are thinking.

"Spain has too many strikers"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I feel really bad for Croatia they had great chances and could have dumped Spain out - but there you go, this is football.. Casillas is the best of the best ... now I wonder would he come to Chelsea as a backup for Cech :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Don't think Spain have looked the most convincing.

Advertisement