Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Group C (Irelands Group)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Spain need a Striker on
    they need to stop passing it around the penlty box and just shoot on site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Chiellini is having a fantastic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I can see Italy snatching a 1-0 in this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

I hope Spain don't manage to win this. I can't work out if its arrogance or craziness that has made them believe they can win this game using 5-a-side tactics without a striker, against a well set up Italian side no less.

You would think they had Kevin Doyle and Andy Carroll on the bench, not Fernando Llorente, probably one of the most coveted strikers around atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Great play by the Spainish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Class from Mario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Ineista caught it on the wrong side of the foot there for that chance, unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Class touch by Balotelli!

What a touch by Balotelli

• Advertisement

Whoah, great save

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Great game this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Unbelievable tekkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

If this is anything to go by then I hope Barca meet Juve in next seasons CL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

If Spain bring on a striker at HT I can see them scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Unlucky header from Motta, nice save Casillas.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Can anyone watching ITVs coverage confirm if their volume is working atm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Best game of the tournament so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

games crying out for torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Both games today to finish 0-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Italy have certainly had the better chances, can't understand Spain playing with no striker, no attempt to exploit the central defensive issues that Italy have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hopefully we can pick up 6 points against Croatia...,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yep fine for me anyway

working for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

It's a shame that one of these two great teams won't be going to the quarter finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

kryogen wrote: »
    Italy have certainly had the better chances, can't understand Spain playing with no striker, no attempt to exploit the central defensive issues that Italy have

they should have Llorente there to exploit De Rossis lack of height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Massive lols at people so confident about Ireland's chances vs Italy and the general underestimation of them. De Rossi, Chiellini and Pirlo have been immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Great game so far. the italians are much better than I expected...de rossi has been great at centre half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Hopefully we can pick up 6 points against Croatia...,

Jesus that would be unreal alright. Could probably progress with that one game!

Renn wrote: »
    Massive lols at people so confident about Ireland's chances vs Italy and the general underestimation of them. De Rossi, Chiellini and Pirlo have been immense.

Not that I think Ireland will beat Italy, but have you ever heard the expression Any Given Sunday?

Now admittedly its stolen from American Football, but on any given day any team can beat any other team.

Italy playing well today doesnt really matter, same as the Dutch being so wasteful yesterday doesnt mean they wont turn it on when they meet Germany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

True, but on the flip side I'm more confident about the spain game.

dang, guess its the stream (totally legal site of course...) sound cut out around the 40th minute mark. Need it back for the Irish game whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Seeing that chance for Silva where he passed back makes it look worse. Clear chance on goal and turned back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

The problem isn't that there's no striker, the problem is that Spain aren't providing enough verticaly.

With no CF, you don't need Busquets/Alonso/Xavi all further back. Fabregas has been bad too.

Either remove Fabregas for Llorente, or one of the deep midfielders for Pedro. Gives Spain more in a vertical sense if the runners are in the box as opposed to too many sitting behind.

Arbeloa's been pretty bad.

Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta have been the best so far for Spain.

Impressed with Cassano today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

kryogen wrote: »
    Italy playing well today doesnt really matter, same as the Dutch being so wasteful yesterday doesnt mean they wont turn it on when they meet Germany

But Italy had a solid qualifying campaign. And conceded two goals. And have changed the way they've played under Prandelli. They're so much stronger than people think.

dang, guess its the stream (totally legal site of course...) sound cut out around the 40th minute mark. Need it back for the Irish game whatever happens.

If you can't get the sound back on the Ireland game is on 2fm if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭briany

I've been puzzled about the confidence over Ireland's chances v. Italy since the beginning but I figured that since many were saying it, they must have been seeing something I wasn't in the team but on the back of that first half performance my skepticism feels justified.

Points of either of those teams would be, realistically speaking, more than Ireland could truly expect but we live in hope....

Not long to go now. 42.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I think it's just Craig Burley's drone sounds like a vuvuzela

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

What GK said pretty much.

Lack of a striker isn't an issue. Lack of a direct threat is. All the movement is lateral. Cesc, Iniesta and Silva are playing far too flat.

Whipping off one of Cesc/Silva for Torres/Pedro/Navas will cause the Italians a lot more problems than they current front three are. Navas or Pedro in particular will provide them with exactly what they are lacking atm.

• Advertisement

But Italy had a solid qualifying campaign. And conceded two goals. And have changed the way they've played under Prandelli. They're so much stronger than people think.

Who does not think the Italians are and pretty much always have been a strong outfit?

Irelands record against Italy is pretty good recently, maybe thats why people are more optimistic about getting a result from them if needed, but Im sure nobody thinks Italy are a weak team.

Spain are playing into their hands somewhat also I should point out

If you can't get the sound back on the Ireland game is on 2fm if that helps.

Got it back working but its now Americans talking garbage instead of English lads talking garbage.... I miss Bill and the boys :(

edit: Sound is back for the English lads. yay I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Manolo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I defo think the Italian performance so far will give certain people food for thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

noodler wrote: »
    I defo think the Italian performance so far will give certain people food for thought.

People who were saying "Ah jaysus the Italians are sh1t, we'll definitely beat them" were talking out of their arses after not watching them play for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

As an Ireland fanatic, who should I be cheering for in this game?

• Advertisement

So close

As an Ireland fanatic, who should I be cheering for in this game?
    A draw

Iniesta is deadly

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oh dear Balotelli.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Balotelli wtf?

• Advertisement
Advertisement