Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...Who Here Does Italian?

• 09-06-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Ciao!
    Just out of curiosity, who's doing Italian for the JC? It's one of my favourite languages but it seems like its a very rare subject in schools in Ireland. And if you do it, do you love it or hate it?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Ciao!
    Just out of curiosity, who's doing Italian for the JC? It's one of my favourite languages but it seems like its a very rare subject in schools in Ireland. And if you do it, do you love it or hate it?

:)
    I think it's a brilliant language, but I don't know of any schools (AT ALL), that do it! I would have loved to do it. It's a shame really :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Epic Username

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I think it's a brilliant language, but I don't know of any schools (AT ALL), that do it! I would have loved to do it. It's a shame really :/

My school does it, and its just such an easy language. It sounds great but it's very easy, when you read it it's very similar to English and easy to pronounce. We describe it as 'french for idiots' ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was supervising a mock Italian exam in our school once and being bored, I decided to give it a lash myself and I got 65%, never having taken a class of Italian, but admittedly having done Inter. Cert. French in the Dark Ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

Ciao :D... i am doing italian on the 21st. to be honest i thought i was the only one in the country :P. I am doing it because i am italian and moved to Ireland in 2006. I dont know what the paper is like and what i have to know so i am just giving it a shot to be honest. If all goes well i will be thinking about taking it on for the leaving as it could be a chance for me to get a high mark in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

dazzadazza wrote: »
    Ciao :D... i am doing italian on the 21st. to be honest i thought i was the only one in the country :P. I am doing it because i am italian and moved to Ireland in 2006. I dont know what the paper is like and what i have to know so i am just giving it a shot to be honest. If all goes well i will be thinking about taking it on for the leaving as it could be a chance for me to get a high mark in it.

Good plan.
    I know from our school, people who speak Romanian find it very easy. They are quite similar languages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

my school offers Italian in tyo and then if you want to do it for the lc you can

Advertisement