Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

800ml Sports Bottles at Tesco only 1 cent

• 09-06-2012 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Deal on in Tesco at the moment for buy 2 punnets of Keelings fruit for €5 and get a decent enough Sports Bottle (Keelings branded and 800ml) for free.

Of course my kids were arguing about who should get the bottle so I said I'd get a 2nd one and see what price it cost to buy.

Went to self service checkout and scanned it before the fruit and it scanned at 0.01. Went and got a 3rd one for myself without buying anything else and they definitely only scan at 0.01. I bought these in Clare Hall.

So there you have it, buy as many as you want for only 1 cent each.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭lau1247

gave it a go and worked as expected.

great find OP, that water bottle will come in mighty handy for summer running

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

lau1247 wrote: »
    gave it a go and worked as expected.

great find OP, that water bottle will come in mighty handy for summer running
    Which shop did you get yours?

I shall try Tallaght in the morning, woop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

One point to say on this bring it to a self service till, don't go to a person as they may not put it through.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Cheers OP, not interested in the overpriced strawberries so just picked up the bottles for the kids and they scanned no problem at self service till.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Thanks. Will try this later in Clearwater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

have one from powerade and after years usage it still stinks of plastic smell,other than that its a good buy for 0.1c :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Still have a few in clearwater. Ended up buying the strawberries but picked up an extra one for 1c

unreggd wrote: »
    Which shop did you get yours?

I shall try Tallaght in the morning, woop!

Tesco Artane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭vickers209

Scan at 4.99 in kilbarrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Tesco Artane
    whereabouts are they in there I couldn't find em earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

vickers209 wrote: »
    Scan at 4.99 in kilbarrack

Yeah, but you get free strawberries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

got 2 today for 0.01 cent in douglas, cheers

EJ22 wrote: »
    whereabouts are they in there I couldn't find em earlier

actually my friend got it for me.. i didn't physically visit..

From other tesco's I've seen they are typically right beside those strawberries..

So they might be out of it

Sorry i couldn't be much help in this case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Tesco Artane

They have them in Galway as well, but don't bother to scan if you get tooo many.

actually my friend got it for me.. i didn't physically visit..

From other tesco's I've seen they are typically right beside those strawberries..

So they might be out of it

Sorry i couldn't be much help in this case

no you were helpful mate. :)

They moved them behind customer services though so Artane is no longer useful it seems for this offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Worked in coonagh, limerick ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭georgem25

phill106 wrote: »
    Worked in coonagh, limerick ;)

Worked for me too :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not aware whether you'll get the bottles for a cent or not but this strawberry/bottle deal is currently in Supervalu also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

slave1 wrote: »
    Not aware whether you'll get the bottles for a cent or not but this strawberry/bottle deal is currently in Supervalu also....

Does Supervalu have self-service tills?

This isn't a genuine bargain, it's taking advantage of a pricing error and slipping it past the staff, so does require a self-service checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

worked in Tesco Jervis about an hour ago

• Advertisement

working in artane again. Checked about an hour ago and they were out where the strawberrys were. worked a charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭deisemum

Worked in Ardkeen, Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Gra246

Worked in Birr. Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Couldn't see them in Tesco Wilton today. Don't really need nor want them anyway so just as well:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

Worked in Arklow Tesco although the self service assistant did give me funny looks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

Self service lady questioned me.. Then took them off me and got her manager. Suffice to say it didn't work for me (ClareHall)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

ando wrote: »
    Self service lady questioned me.. Then took them off me and got her manager. Suffice to say it didn't work for me (ClareHall)

Need a flash mob for Clarehall then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Did you fill a shopping trolley with them ? :D

Did you fill a shopping trolley with them ? :D

Was pushing my luck I'll admit :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Haha Im too scared to try now in case the self-service flag goes off :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Worked in celbridge this morning.

Was pushing my luck I'll admit :o

I kept my cool, walked up to the self service with a full basket and calmly checked each item through. That damn bottle was the most stubborn of all. There was a cliff hanging moment when it wouldn't scan for 2 frantic minutes :pac: and just before the supervisor twigged me, it finally scanned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

Got 2 in artane castle with some shoping, scaned in fine, I was right beside the person that works on the express tills:eek:, they seen me and didn't say anything, kids delighted, best bargain of the year, Thanks again.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I'd say you'd be fine as long as you didn't have loads of them! That's a good rule of thumb for these 1c items, never have a basket/trolley full of them. I'll never forget the embarassment of trying to buy *a number of* bags of haribo sweets which were scanning at a cent..All was going well until the self service machine decided that I'd put something in the packing area which I hadn't scanned and told me assistance was on its way....The shop assistant clocked the price I'd paid and told me I couldn't buy them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wilser

just got one in naas.Thanks op

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Worth one cent of anybody's cash :)

Always handy to have a few of these spare, nice work OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

got 2 in prussia st. at the self service always handy to be buying some other bigger items o disguise them. great for 1 cent cheers op!

BTW if you pick something off the shelf, scan it and pay for it...can they stop you? tis their ballsup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Reckon if there is no label staring that it is not to be sold separately that you are within your rights to purchase it at the scanned price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does Supervalu have self-service tills?

This isn't a genuine bargain, it's taking advantage of a pricing error and slipping it past the staff, so does require a self-service checkout.

As it is Tesco I would say fcuk the pricing error and go buy 100 of them, it must be a one in a thousand chance that tesco lose out on a "pricing error" for once

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭North Cork

Lads these cost Tesco nothing, its a keeling promotion, they bring in the stock, tesco have nothing to do with this. You are actually giving tesco money for something that cost them nothing. :D

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what I would do with a 100 of them. What's the true market price of bottles such as those (not 1 cent for sure) ? The one I managed to get reminds me of the waterbottle I used to have on my racing bike years ago.

I'm determined to get my 1c bottle!! Will try again after work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

This is probably the rare occasion that there is no victim in this crime for want of another way of describing the action of paying 1cent for something that is being given away free in conjuction with spending €5. How many people buy 1 punnet or 2 punnets and have no interest in the bottle and just leave it behind? Keelings are getting the Kudos and advertising as people who will use the bottles are getting their hands on them. Less wastage and retuns for them at the end of the promo. On the other hand I don't think tesco are losing on this either. Remember tesco are the retailer who demand a margin from their suppliers on BOGOF promotions. Ie. even if it costs tesco nothing to give an item away for free they still want to be paid for the privlidge og having it on their shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

got 2 in prussia st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

th_DSC_0056-2.jpg

Nutgrove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Got one in Ballybrack last night for 1 cent,

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Still available. Picked up 2 this afternoon in Clearwater.

Also, kids got some this morning at charity event in Swords Fire Station.

Loads of the kids at football training had them yesterday.

You can never have enough of these things. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

got one today in tesco on baggot st.

seems to me somebody in Tesco messed up. they should be refunding Keelings for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

what was it tesco said a few years ago when there were widespread reports of till discrepancies and they vowed never to argue again? They said in each case of the discrepancies it was only a mathematical error. Blatantly ignoring the fact that the discrepancy was ALWAYS in their favour. If it was maths then one would like to think there would be as many in the customers favour as theirs.
    Then again, if you were undercharged, would you report it? "Would I fck" I hear u say....the curious case of the 1c bottle backs it up.

tescos here i come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

how can you get so excited about a water bottle?

• Advertisement
Advertisement